The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers

5 posters

Go down

Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers Empty Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers

Post by Gregers Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:16 pm

Welcome to the Sawai Mansingh Stadium, home of the Rajasthan Royals

Pitch Conditions: A batting haven which should see a very high scoring game. Bowlers will have to try and out-think the batsmen in order to get anything out of the pitch.

-----

Please post tactics below...

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers Empty Re: Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 7:17 pm

looks like i will have to do what i did the other week, that people thought was a good move..

and play the extra bowler, and only play 6 batsman.

Back to top Go down

Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers Empty Re: Week 9 - Match 3 - Rajasthan Royals vs Deccan Chargers

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2011, 9:16 pm

im very much looking forward going to back to earlier tactics

of using the extra bowler people liked that

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:35 am

Watson
Dravid
Sangakkara (w)
Karthik
Uthappa
Menaria
Razzaq
Botha
Warne (c)
Ishant
Yadav

Toss - Bat first. Want to put runs on the board as my spinners are excellent at defending totals. Also the pitch will deteriorate. However , if I have to bat second i have great chasers in Razzaq and Watson.

Selection - Yadav is in for Manhas as this pitch requires an extra bowler. Yadav has also shown how good he is on flat pitches in the recent tests vs WI.

Batting - My top 6 have all played international cricket and 5 of them are from the subcontinent, so will be used to wickets like these. Watson will also be used to this sort of pitch as he has plenty of experience in subcontinental conditions. The team has capable batsmen down to Warne at 9 as I have included four all rounders for this game. Watson will look to play very aggresively. The experienced Dravid and Sangakkara will also look to play slightly conservatively at first before attacking after they get set, while Karthik and Uthappa will attack throughout. Razzaq's position in the order will change depending on wickets lost. He'll look to come in around the 14th over, so he can face sufficient balls to cause mayhem.

Bowling - Ishant and Yadav will open the bowling. Notoriously economical off spinner Johan Botha will come on after 4 overs. Watson will then come on and look to bowl accurately. I have plenty of medium and slow bowling options that can strangle Deccan in the middle overs. If Ishant goes well in his first spell he'll get an extra over at the death at the expense of Yadav. Warne and Botha are both great thinkers and clever cricketers so should fare well on this wicket.

Ishant 1,3,19 (3 overs)
Yadav 2,4,18,20 (4 overs)
Botha 5,11,13,17 (4 overs)
Watson 6,12,15 (3 overs)
Razzaq 7,9 (2 overs)
Warne 8,10,14,16 (4 overs)

Last edited by GG on Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:00 am

Harbhajan? Headscratch

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:15 am

didnt realise i had harbajhan in my squad Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

Tahir has been found out at the international level.

Even the so called slogger Hughes us hammering him Whistle

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:25 am

Tahir has been given a containing role....anyone who has actually watched him will know that he is a strike bowler. if u want a containing bowler then pick paul harris.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:28 am

He is a good bowler on raging turners.Apart from that,he is ordinary.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

in all honesty you clearly havent seen much of him...look at his record in f/c cricket in england!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

my tactics will probably go up this afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:49 am

cricketfan90 wrote:in all honesty you clearly havent seen much of him...look at his record in f/c cricket in england!
And I thought we were talknig about intl cricket Wink

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:51 am

im not gonna get into an argument, because in all honesty im starting to get bored of you questioning anything i say

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 11:53 am

cricketfan90 wrote:im not gonna get into an argument, because in all honesty im starting to get bored of you questioning anything i say
And where do you come into here?I thought I was talking about Tahir.Should I say he is world class just because I shouldnt disagree with you?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 12:59 pm

i know im gonna play 5 bowlers, and use the extra bowler in stead of the batsman, but i cant decdie on my batting line up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 1:56 pm

DECCAN TACTICS VS Rajasthan

1.Mark Cosgrove
2.Monish mishra
3.Harpeet Singh
4.Chipli
5.D.Hussey(c)
6.Manvinder Bisla (wk)
7.Andrew Symonds
8.Scott Borthwick
9.Wahab Riaz
10.Abhimanyu Mithun
11.Nayan Doshi

TEAM NEWS: Mixture in this side. Some debutnats and some regulars. Gone for the extra bowler which is needed on this pitch

TOSS: Bat first. Batting paradise, get runs on the board and defend them

BATTING: 6 batsmen and an allrounder, dont need 7 batsman on this pitch. Cosgrove to get us off to flyer, with mishra playing the anchor role. Harpeet and chipli keep the board ticking over, with hussey, and symonds hitting out towards the end, Bisla to play his natural game.

BOWLING: Wahab and Mithun to open, bowling 2 overs. Borthwick to bowl in the powerplay which he is so good at doing. Symonds bowls his cutters, doshi comes on after the powerplay, de bryun bowles the 15th over, with Wahab and mithun bowling at the death

Riaz,1,3,17,19
Mithun,2,4,8,20
Borthwick,5,7,9,11
Symonds,6,8,13
Doshi,10,12,14,16
DeBryun,15

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Fri 18 Nov 2011, 4:45 pm

Let's hope Riaz doesn't bowl many no balls Whistle

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:01 pm

im suprised i played him lol

im not at full strength, but this side is certainly competitive.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:36 pm

Rajasthan look far superior.
Steyn could have made a huge difference but he sadly isnt playing.
However I am really glad to see the young talented Borthwick being picked instead of the overhyped Tahir.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:46 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:However I am really glad to see the young talented Borthwick being picked instead of the overhyped Tahir.

jeez give it a rest already mate

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 5:53 pm

thank u mfc!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 18 Nov 2011, 6:03 pm

dont need the extra batting on this pitch, and symonds at 7, borthwick at 8, and riaz at 9 can all bat.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Fri 18 Nov 2011, 10:51 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:However I am really glad to see the young talented Borthwick being picked instead of the overhyped Tahir.

jeez give it a rest already mate
FFS So i am notallowed to comment on his team?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 1:28 pm

Purely the whole Tahir hate is grating Shanky.

CF, Symonds at 7 is too low for my liking. RR look very strong, plus they have my hero Razzaq in there. Reckon this one may be close, but RR should edge it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Sat 19 Nov 2011, 1:42 pm

Sorry but Tahir is miles better than Borthwick at this stage.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:01 pm

Sainty wrote:Purely the whole Tahir hate is grating Shanky.

CF, Symonds at 7 is too low for my liking. RR look very strong, plus they have my hero Razzaq in there. Reckon this one may be close, but RR should edge it.

na symonds is being used as a finisher, he no longer is good enough to build an innings so he is there to finish the innings

plz remeber that this isnt my first string side, and thus i am expecting defeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Nov 2011, 3:05 pm

also my batsman are good players of spin, which i have picked to negate warnie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down