The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it time for Blatter to go?

+7
JPX
JDandfries
Kennys_Heroes
mystiroakey
Hoggy_Bear
legendkillar
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is it time for Blatter to go?

Is it time for Blatter to go? Vote_lcap77%Is it time for Blatter to go? Vote_rcap 77% 
[ 20 ]
Is it time for Blatter to go? Vote_lcap23%Is it time for Blatter to go? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 26

Is it time for Blatter to go? Empty Is it time for Blatter to go?

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:02 pm

After the latest fiasco in the world of football, is it time for him to be replaced?
What's your thoughts on Blatter?

Back to top Go down

Is it time for Blatter to go? Empty Re: Is it time for Blatter to go?

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:04 pm

I voted No.

The time for Blatter to go was about 5 years ago

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:50 pm

Should've gone ages ago. what is even more scary is that people want Platini to succeed him. This was the man who introduced us the 'seedings' in play offs when France looked a sure bet to go out.

Don't have a problem with him going, just who is there who could step into his shoes? Ideally I would like to see someone who has hands on experience in the game from playing to officiating.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:45 pm

Agree with what's been said already. He should have gone long ago.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:28 pm

electric gonna say the same thing- He seems untouchable .

also seriously concerned about platinni as well. this is a guy that doenst want any technology within football(he doesnt even want to trial it)- he is a dinosaur that will only be as bad as blatter

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:31 pm

i dont think one person in Britain wants blatter to stay in football.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Blatter should have gone years ago!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennys_Heroes Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 am

Who would dare publicly disagree anyway? The UK is full of sheep. Once the general consensus is set, the footsoldiers sway like a wheatfield in a breeze. No-one's capable of extracting themselves from the topical doctrine & thinking for themselves. The dearth of rationale in these public forums is case in point. Predictable to the point of utter boredom!
Come on, SOMEone, DARE stand out of line!

Kennys_Heroes
Kennys_Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:50 am

kennys we hate blatter pal- Not sure what point you are making- there IS ONLY ONE CERTAINTY WHEN IT COMES TO HOME NATIONS- we all agree we hate blatter- thats it- my biggest concern isnt these foolish words or even the homophobic ones. Its all the rest of it- the curroption, the lack of technology, etc, etc. Black dudes now hate him, gays hate him, scottish,welsh and n irish hate him when he says britian should play as one! We all hate him for different reasons lol- we dont agree on what those reasons are- we are not sheep!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:54 am

to be honest i like the fact he said what he did- its just an excuse for us to have another pop at him. Half the people that agree may have said racist and stupid things themselves- fact is tho it doesnt matter we all want him out- but he seems invunerable. If the comments were made by someone else- perfect case in point steve williams, john terry(ok those are racist words over saying it doesnt exist) the opinions are very much more split- but when it comes to blatter- nope we want him to fall on his sword

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:06 pm

What does need pointing out, is that it is only seemingly us (the British, mainly English) who have even battered an eyelid at what he said, and we should ask ourselves why that is!

What is clear, quite unsurprisingly, that the press and some SHEEP, are still bitter that England didn't get the World Cup, and of course blame Blatter for this and this no doubt goes someone to explain the over reaction to what was in my opinion a fairly 'general' statement from Blatter.

it was typically has been mis-interprated by the masses, many of whom probably have no idea what he actually said!

From this we get the likes of Ian Wright, Beckham etc ( about 4 braincells between them, taking the high ground. Ian Wright, who used racism to his benefit through his career, has even said he will not present an award unless Blatter resigns, I doubt Blatter has even heard of Ian Wright, unless he listens to Absolute radio!

I maybe looked at this a different way, but can see where he was coming from, if maybe he perhaps put it accross a little bit poorly.

I think he was trying to say that racism in the game has dwindled and that so much so, all disgreements on the picth can now be left on the pitch, after a handshake.

Look at Rugby, players will knock hell out of each other for 80 minutes, and then had a few pints afterwards, that is what I thought he was getting at, but the sensationalism from the press, has made it all get out of hand.

All in all, we all detest racism, and Blatter has apologised (fair enough), in which he said that any playr found guilty of racism, will be thrown out of the game - messers Suarez and Terry beware!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm

JD if it was anyone else- we would more than likely just laugh at his oldness and foolishness- trust me loads of people of that age group say things like that- it really isnt unusual. But the point is- DO YOU WANT HIM TO STAY?

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:22 pm

mystiroakey wrote:JD if it was anyone else- we would more than likely just laugh at his oldness and foolishness- trust me loads of people of that age group say things like that- it really isnt unusual. But the point is- DO YOU WANT HIM TO STAY?

I really couldn't care less, he has no effect on me personally, and in any case, as with most of these types of organisations, we will only get someone who is just as incompetant!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:23 pm

" and we should ask ourselves why that is!

What is clear, quite
unsurprisingly, that the press and some SHEEP, are still bitter that
England didn't get the World Cup, and of course blame Blatter for this
and this no doubt goes someone to explain the over reaction to what was
in my opinion a fairly 'general' statement from Blatter."

Jd lol- its the curroption, its the lack of progression in the game, UK firms were asked to tender and build technolgy to bne used at the world cup- they spent millions upon millions in creating hawk eye technologoies etc. When they put them forward FIFA just said- nope we are not doing it know- there is no problem- even though it wass prven that we could get a 99.99% success rate for goal line decisons- over a proven 80~% as it stands!!! He also inflamed the gay communitity- he is also up to his neck in curroption- You think we dont like him because we lost a bid-0 lol you need to seriously look into what this guy is doing within the game of football- The failed wc bid is only a miniscual part of why we all feel he needs to go- This race thing is just another reason to havce a pop at him. nothing wrong with that at all- The guy needs to go! Its like what police do to criminals- sometimes they can tget them on the big charges- but need to try for any angle possible even if it is a more minor offence- We are not stupid to think that all this is all about his comments! of course we are not. we are RIGHTLY TARGETING HIM!! Football needs to change and NOW

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:24 pm

JDandfries wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:JD if it was anyone else- we would more than likely just laugh at his oldness and foolishness- trust me loads of people of that age group say things like that- it really isnt unusual. But the point is- DO YOU WANT HIM TO STAY?

I really couldn't care less, he has no effect on me personally, and in any case, as with most of these types of organisations, we will only get someone who is just as incompetant!

JD thats a seriously defeatest attitude. To be honest showing who the sheep really is. You admit he is incompentant- yet are happy for things to stay how there are - thats a sheep attitude..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:29 pm

You are sensationalising everything - the game has anything but gone backwards!

Everyone is too sensative these days and you can't possibly know if he is corrupt (he probably is) but what effect does he actually have on our game? The answer is very little.

You say you are rightly targetting him? Why is it only the English, and NO ONE else in the entire WORLD?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:41 pm

Have to say I'm in agreement with JD, there does seem to have been very little reaction from the rest of Europe and I have no doubt that some critics have alterior motive and are using this as an opportunity to stick the knife in to Blatter.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:49 pm

JDandfries wrote:You are sensationalising everything - the game has anything but gone backwards!

Everyone is too sensative these days and you can't possibly know if he is corrupt (he probably is) but what effect does he actually have on our game? The answer is very little.

You say you are rightly targetting him? Why is it only the English, and NO ONE else in the entire WORLD?

nothing is sensationalised - the last world cup was the worst reffed
tournament of all time- its getting worse in a day and age we have tech
to aid us. You can suggest that the rest of the world love blatter but
again you are also wrong- but as your the sheep that just accepts that
everything is rosey i cant really help you out. Your gonna have to try
and form an opinion JD. which to be fair you have- you said he is
incompetant- but only the english admit that something should be done
about his incompetance- to me that means you are actually complementing
the english- thanks i suppose. .

"and NO ONE else in the entire WORLD?"

lol had to laugh again- thanks for that.

The list of nations that have a problem with blatter is a very long one.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:17 pm

it's interesting you mention the rest of the world JD. I live in France, and the official reaction has been scarce. However, the people's reaction has been much like the public reaction in England, namely scandalised at Blatter's comments. They're also very upset by the lack of response (possibly due to Platini wishing to succeed Blatter, so he's hardly going to lay the boot in is he?).

More surprisingly, and possibly for the first time in their history, they're in complete agreement with the British reaction and are actually saying they wish it had been the same in France Shocked

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:36 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
JDandfries wrote:You are sensationalising everything - the game has anything but gone backwards!

In your opinion it was poorly reffed, in my opinion, all players now cheat, and refs have the impossible job (not Graeme Taylor as many believed).

Yes Fifa could do something about it, but football is supposed to be a game played by everyone, but I wont get the ebenfit of TV replays in my Saturday or Sunday game will i?

If you read you will see I have never said that everyone loves Blatter, or anything ofthe sort really, you also misunderstood about NO One else being bothered by what he said (ie the comments re racism), yes they all think he is a bit of a fool and incompetant, but no one else seems to have sensationalised a slightly ill worded comment like we have over here because in reality FIFA are irrelevant to ur game and it make the outrage frankly laughable and just highlights the over sensatised world we now live in!

If Prince Phillip makes an off teh cuff remark about an Indian's electronic skills, it's funny, but if Blatter drops a blob, because he is enemy number 1, he is derided to the point of pandemonium

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:44 pm

What Blatter did in his "foot in mouth" style was to play down the effects of racism (maybe even trivialise them). That doesn't make him a racist

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm not making Blatter a racist Davie, but the guy who's basically in charge of world football should not be trivialising the effects of racism, or even downplaying them.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

I wasn't meaning you, MfC - just that the press is full of stories accusing him of being racist and counter claims that he's not. Usual media hysteria and totally missing the point

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Don't think anyone is calling the guy racist. It just beggars belief why he would make such a statement in the face of a case where the player accused has been found guilty.

Still it has to be said though he has taken the game to places like Asia and Africa and given them World Cups which years ago seemed inconcievable. Again I have no problem with Russia getting the World Cup or Qatar (though the latter will be intriguing to see how it fans out)

He was all about change in the game and 'evolving' the games in poorer countries and yet was unwilling to evolve the game itself. Conflicted mindset.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:57 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:I'm not making Blatter a racist Davie, but the guy who's basically in charge of world football should not be trivialising the effects of racism, or even downplaying them.

See this is my point, because of media sensatialism, MFC thinks that Blatter said something he didnt!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

"There is no racism [on the field], but maybe there is a word or gesture that is not correct," Blatter told CNN. "The one affected by this should say this is a game and shake hands."

that's the quote from the BBC article. Now he may have been misinterpreted, I'm not saying. BUT that quote clearly suggests he is downplaying (at the very least) the effects of racism on a football pitch.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:05 pm

It is all about how you interprate it, and you should never interprate something based on a single sentence.

I interprated the whole interview differently, I thought he was trying to say, that although certain things are said, they are not said with racist intent.

ie - on a saturday I will call the CB marking me all sorts, but not mean them, its part of the game and only an attempt to wind an opponent up, to ge the edge.

I may be wrong, but that is how I read it.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:10 pm

JDandfries wrote:It is all about how you interprate it, and you should never interprate something based on a single sentence.

I interprated the whole interview differently, I thought he was trying to say, that although certain things are said, they are not said with racist intent.

ie - on a saturday I will call the CB marking me all sorts, but not mean them, its part of the game and only an attempt to wind an opponent up, to ge the edge.

I may be wrong, but that is how I read it.

The CB marking you may be pulling the hairs from your armpits or giving you a nice studding on the foot.

Yes it is interpretation and I didn't agree with Ed Milliband getting involved. In all my time in park football I have never come across or seen a incident sparked by 'Racism'

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:12 pm

"Sledging" is a part of many sports, but racism should never be a part of that.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Lk

All part of teh game as far as i am concerned, but standing on feet is my trick, but like you ive never seen a racist incident on a football pitch first hand

Ed milliband doesnt know what he should and shouldnt be doing, better to join in with the sensationalist Sun readers than not, is probably what he thought.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:14 pm

JPX wrote:"Sledging" is a part of many sports, but racism should never be a part of that.

I am not saying it should be, but what is racism? In this day and age it seems that no one really knows and it can't be defined!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:21 pm

It is interpretation, but I do think Blatter should've thought about it first. I know with some of my friends who are coloured and they in jest with other friends have used terms deemed 'Racist' in a joking manner.

The Racism that exists in football is mostly in the stands. Look at Italy and even Spain for example where it is rife. In Eastern European countries it is awful. I have never seen a professional player quit at the top of the game due to the Racism in the game.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:26 pm

JDandfries wrote:
JPX wrote:"Sledging" is a part of many sports, but racism should never be a part of that.

I am not saying it should be, but what is racism? In this day and age it seems that no one really knows and it can't be defined!
Sorry I wasn't meaning to imply you were suggesting that. I meant it more in relation to the Terry / Suarez incidents.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 pm

I knew that, what I was sayingw as that racism is a serious thing, but theterm, IMO can be wrongly used, thus making a trivial point of actual racism

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:34 pm

Yeah true. But isn't the slogan "zero tolerance"? So that's what there should be, zero race related comments.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:41 pm

Im all for that, but its ok saying that, but what is racism?

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:01 pm

I think if you ask 100 people you'd get 100 different answers.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:06 pm

He is so out of touch its laughable
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:20 pm

JDandfries wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

In your opinion it was poorly reffed, in my opinion, all players now cheat, and refs have the impossible job (not Graeme Taylor as many believed).

Yes Fifa could do something about it, but football is supposed to be a game played by everyone, but I wont get the ebenfit of TV replays in my Saturday or Sunday game will i?

If you read you will see I have never said that everyone loves Blatter, or anything ofthe sort really, you also misunderstood about NO One else being bothered by what he said (ie the comments re racism), yes they all think he is a bit of a fool and incompetant, but no one else seems to have sensationalised a slightly ill worded comment like we have over here because in reality FIFA are irrelevant to ur game and it make the outrage frankly laughable and just highlights the over sensatised world we now live in!

If Prince Phillip makes an off teh cuff remark about an Indian's electronic skills, it's funny, but if Blatter drops a blob, because he is enemy number 1, he is derided to the point of pandemonium

ok dude maybe i got abit het up- at the end of the day we both agree that he is being targetted. I think its fine to target him, because i think he needs pressure to leave, you dont care either way. Thats our difference in opinion.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Thats cool, yes he is clearly out dated etc, incompetant, needs replacing, but racist (as some are trying to say)?

I don't think so

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:31 pm

he wasnt being racist as such, but i think he was trivialising racism at a time when the English FA is adhearing to zero tollerance. It made alot of campaingers feel abit worthless and the timing was awfull to say the least. However the whole thing feels abit trivial and as you say sensational. But i am just happy that more pressure is applied to him

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:39 pm

I agree on the whole, but when you take things out of context, you can view things in a lot of different ways.

Also, what gets me, is that every time an issue like this arises (revolving around racism) Ian Wright gets given a pedastel, and he is probably one of the most unlikeable people around and does the 'kick it out' campaign no good at all.

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:02 pm

i am nstruggling to work out how it was out of context JD. it was pretty straight to the point

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:21 pm

Has anyone actually said he's racist??? I've not read any of those type of comments, what I took from it that he was ignorant and blase to the subject, probably because he wasn't well versed on a suitable response, also, posting a picture of him with a black guy that was taking two years ago stinks of desperation

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:22 pm

I should have mentioned that yes, it is time for him to go

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:25 pm

"black guy that was taking two years ago stinks of desperation"

thats just insane- its like - does he think we are stupid or something- whatever PR person told him to do that needs to be sacked lol- because that is like admiting fault lol.

its like the- my best mates black excuse.

heard it all before blatter

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:05 am

Watching sky sports news now, still they are suggesting that blatter was saying that racism doesn't exist! No wonder people think what they think

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennys_Heroes Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:02 pm

JDandfries wrote:I am not saying it should be, but what is racism? In this day and age it seems that no one really knows and it can't be defined!
clap That is the question I've been looking for throughout these forums & the sensational media uproar.

There were two ex-players (don't remember their names but both black if I'm not mistaken) on 5 Live 2 days ago arguing about what racism actually was, and each one's definition was wildly different from the other's. Victoria Derbyshire just let them at each other for about 10 mins with no resolution. That one debate underscored the problem to me, not just of these 2 incidents but of the "Kick Racism" media campaign as a whole.

Anyone know how many black managers or chairmen there are in the PL? In the League as a whole? On the FA Board? That surreptitious institutional racism is patently far more serious than on-field insults. Yet those very people are the ones flying the banners!
Kennys_Heroes
Kennys_Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:11 pm

Maybe because there's not as many talented black people going for those jobs?

There's a difference between a rubbish black guy not becoming manager because a white candidate was better than him and using someones colour/race as a way of insulting them.

Oh, it made me laugh when the racism thing was going on that SSN ran an item on Sammy Ameobi and accompanied it by videos of Nile Ranger Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by Kennys_Heroes Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Just one for the conspiracy theorists -

Is it just coincidence that both incidents should occur virtually at the same time...

... and that the ONE thing linking both alleged victims, Evra and Anton, on a daily basis, is RIO Ferdinand...

... who just happened to be playing against Liverpool (also a potential Top-4 challenger) that day

... and who would be front-runner to replace Terry (captain of another Top-4 challenger) as captain of England should Terry be dropped?

... and who was quickest to the draw in laying into Blatter
Kennys_Heroes
Kennys_Heroes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next