The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone played the latest PES?

+4
Dass
ADMIN
Fernando
sodhat
8 posters

Go down

Anyone played the latest PES?  Empty Anyone played the latest PES?

Post by sodhat Fri 18 Nov 2011, 2:40 pm

Has anyone played PES 2012, and what did you think of it?

At the moment I have Fifa 12 but I am seriously considering a trade in to get a hold of the newest PES. I have generally always been a PES man, but I don't want to swap Fifa in for it if it is on a bad year...

Loved the last PES to a point, I did find some of the foibles a bit irritating, but I might even dig it out later for a re-play!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Anyone played the latest PES?  Empty Re: Anyone played the latest PES?

Post by Fernando Fri 18 Nov 2011, 3:18 pm

Go to blockbuster and rent it out thumbsup

I don't know anyone who's bought it Headscratch

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:08 pm

fernando wrote: I don't know anyone who's bought it Headscratch

Not surprising, as last I heard Fifa 12 had outold PES by 25 to 1.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:33 pm

PES a few years back was really challenging, they just seem to have badly fallen by the wayside now, the marketing for the game was nonexistant.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 12:36 pm

Yer agree PES 2008 was pretty awesome or around that time. I really dont understand the fascination with FIFA games, there's basically no or little improvement from year to year. PES is for superior gameplay & FIFA is for licences.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 1:09 pm

i agree with everyone else.

PES used to be so much better than it is now. Its dissapointing how much it has fallen away really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Tue 22 Nov 2011, 2:05 pm

I've played the new PES, though not nearly as much as I'd have liked due to some PS3 problems. On a comparison to the new FIFA I'd say it plays better on a pure game play level and I certainly prefer it. I often find PES often gets maligned far to much in recent years in relation to FIFA when in reality there's nothing much in it and from a personal level I consider PES to be the better experience.

I often get the feeling the backlash PES has suffered is often bandwagon jumping on a myth that reviewers seem to regurgitate that its declined massively in recent years.

Hero you raise two interesting points, one is about challenge something that I feel no FIFA game has ever provided even on its most difficult setting, I've always found the difficulty curve in PES to be far better (The unlockable difficulty level in the latest version is especially vexing). The other is from a marketing perspective where it now seems a must for a game to be successful it needs to have large amounts of money chucked behind it post launch which raises the question of is the gaming industry really that shallow and superficial. The latter is something I've thought about in the past and touched on in other topics, it's always a interesting point.

I often think game buyers get swayed to easily by reviewers or whats the current in trend than judging what's actually in front of them. It wouldn't be the first time a better quality game has sold far less than a more hyped counterpart and I doubt it will be the last either.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:31 pm

In truth I think FIFA is a far more superior gameoverall now, I used to be a PES man through and through however FIFA has consistently gotten better and PES consistently worse. I'm not spending £80 on two football games but I will spend £40 on one, and my money this year has gone on FIFA, played PES 2012 at my friends house, didn't really think much of it personally still an arcade game.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2011, 4:58 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:didn't really think much of it personally still an arcade game.

PES has obviously gone downhill and they knew however much money and time developing it was meaningless when competing against FIFA. PES maybe an 'arcade' game nowadays but in its prime its gameplay was superior to FIFA. Obviously the licensing agreement is a huge advantage for FIFA but in my opinion the graphics have hardly improved over the last two years. I've found FIFA to be more difficult to score, repetitive goals (where you go wide and square the ball which eliminates the keeper in scoring a tap-in - basically the most common way of scoring and evident online everytime). PES might not have the skills which play a huge part in FIFA, but the gameplay is far more enjoyable and unpredictable with a variety of differing goals and not reliant upon skills being used non-stop by a pro which makes the game boring

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:44 pm

in other words youre pap at fifa? Laugh

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:08 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:in other words youre pap at fifa? Laugh

no. in other words i have a life

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:00 pm

fifa just got Messi!!

its looking bleak for PES, major endorsment lost.
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:20 am

cherriesfan wrote:fifa just got Messi!!

They actually dumped Messi for Ronaldo.

I'm a big fan of PES. The style and speed suits my gameplan, patient build up & passing, more than Fifa does and I find everything is harder to accomplish in PES than Fifa.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 25 Nov 2011, 11:34 am

Manning-to-Manningham wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:fifa just got Messi!!

They actually dumped Messi for Ronaldo.

I'm a big fan of PES. The style and speed suits my gameplan, patient build up & passing, more than Fifa does and I find everything is harder to accomplish in PES than Fifa.

I found FIFA this year to be all about the patience on the ball, and especially in defence, and I don't know on balance whether it is preferrable to the quicker action of PES and the practically non existent defence of last years!

I do think that once you work FIFA out, you won't slip up anymore, and I reckon I'm hitting that stage soon.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Fri 25 Nov 2011, 7:54 pm

not bought either yet (skint) but will still buy pes over fifa when i get some money. having played both the last versions of fifa and pes have to say pes has so much more depth to it still. scored a goal the other day i have never scored before, where as fifa is pretty much the same thing over and over again. also think pes is the better game to play with mates (defending was far to easy on fifa 11). fifa has improved alot over the years but still doesnt quite get the in game aspects nailed on and it doesnt bother me in the slightest if im playing mersyside red or liverpool, same team at the end of the day.

fifa will always get the more buys with the sequel churning powerhouse ea behind them. i generally get the impressive that most of the fifa fans are the online players as Vs the computer its quite limited

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down