The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage

+4
rugbyman
Ozzy3213
LondonTiger
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
8 posters

Go down

London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage Empty London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 23 Nov 2011, 12:56 pm

The Exiles have signed Samoan international: Ofisa Treviranus purportedly as a 'replacement for Steffon Armitage'? Sounds like this guy is a blindside tho?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage Empty Re: London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage

Post by LondonTiger Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:13 pm

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:The Exiles have signed Samoan international: Ofisa Treviranus purportedly as a 'replacement for Steffon Armitage'? Sounds like this guy is a blindside tho?

Oh dear. This has reminded me just how juvenile I am.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage Empty Re: London Irish belatedly sign a replacement for Steffon Armitage

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:26 pm

My understanding is that he can play 6, 7 or 8, but is pretty decent at getting his hands on the ball (legally) at rucks, so is being looked at as more of an openside for us.

Is meant to be pretty rapid as well, apparantly has played on the wing and is fantastic at 7's.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 23 Nov 2011, 1:40 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:The Exiles have signed Samoan international: Ofisa Treviranus purportedly as a 'replacement for Steffon Armitage'? Sounds like this guy is a blindside tho?

Yes, LT, but I was hoping we'd be able to resist the London Samoan jibes cos Pete gets v upset and he's my friend! Hug

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by rugbyman Wed 23 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

So happy about this signing that i actually bothered to log in and comment! Very Happy thought he was excellent at the world cup (followed Samoa due to their LI connection) and very unlucky not to get more game time. I even remember thinking that i'd love to see him at irish, now I can Smile

rugbyman

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 24 Nov 2011, 6:55 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Yes, LT, but I was hoping we'd be able to resist the London Samoan jibes cos Pete gets v upset and he's my friend! Hug

Nah that wasn't it. Watching him playing earlier in the year (cannot be sure if it was 7s or not) I was convinced based on the commentary that his first name was Trevor.

As I said juvenile.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:56 am

LondonTiger wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

Nah that wasn't it. Watching him playing earlier in the year (cannot be sure if it was 7s or not) I was convinced based on the commentary that his first name was Trevor.

As I said juvenile.
Gotcha now Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 9:58 am

LondonTiger wrote:
LondonTiger wrote:

As I said juvenile.

I too thought he was called Trevor, think it was the Samoa vs. Australia game pre World Cup. If he can give us a lift on the pitch and we start winning again, I can live with the London Samoa jibes Asbo, if not I shall revert to being a grumpy barsteward Wink

Word is that he may well be on the bench for us this weekend against the Pests, a game which I have a ticket for but not sure if I will make it to yet.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:20 am

He looks like a very useful signing, Pete, might add that bit of steel to the pack that I've felt had been missing - Big Bob's return can't do any harm either, always think Kennedy looks better when they play together

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:26 am

BBC and Kendo is one of those pairings that is more than the sum of it's parts. Both good players individually, but fantastic when put together. We have really missed Bobs leadership and grunt in the pack. IF fit I would have him straight back in this week.

Our new boy 'Trevor' could be massive for us, as he is a strong carrier and we are really missing some of those at present.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:36 am

Completely agree with the comment about Bob and Nick - they are superb together, especially in the line-out where I feel Casey's contribution is sometimes under-valued. It will be a tough call for TB to make as I feel Garvey is a vital part of our team. He is already one of our three defensive captains and is a strong carrier of the ball. Anyhow, it is good to have those options available.

As for Treviranus, I think he will do a great job for us.

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Thu 24 Nov 2011, 11:23 am

LondonTiger wrote:

No word of a lie I have to deal with a guy called "Arse" at work, imagine emailing someone starting with "Dear Arse" and not sniggering.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Thu 24 Nov 2011, 10:15 pm

Seems like a good signing, but I hope Gibson & Gray's backrow opportunities and development aren't affected too much as a consequence, the quicker they're brought on and might be able to challenge for an EPS place, the better.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 25 Nov 2011, 12:26 am

You call him Trevor? Surely thats Irish enough!
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down