The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey Drew

+3
sodhat
NickisBHAFC
ramjam
7 posters

Go down

Hey Drew Empty Hey Drew

Post by ramjam Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:06 pm

Thee Drew McIntyre was the chosen one not such a long time time ago however is now a mainstay on superstars and does not even warrant a name check at level 7 of the tree of wwe. Is there any way back for the sinister scotsman (often speculated face turn perhaps?) or is the best case scenario a move to TNA? Can't help but feel creative have thrown in the towel too easily on Drew considering his performances on superstars have shown he understands the concept of telling a story during a match (often works 1 body part), he stays faithful to a well defined character and he allows his opponent to sell and sells himself as necessary. On the other hand this may be a simple case of lacking the ability to get "over". Thought appreciated.

ramjam

Back to top Go down

Hey Drew Empty Re: Hey Drew

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:08 pm

Never really rated him tbh. Mid card at best for me. Should of stayed on smackdown in my view.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:10 pm

I get the feeling he is rated within WWE, he just needs to get a solid push and a chance to get over. I thought real progress was being made when he was 'the chosen one' and he could have ridden that for a long time.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:19 pm

I feel the Chosen One gimmick was mared by the Mr. McMahon character not being on TV. Had that character still had been around Drew would have massively got over as a heel.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 27 Nov 2011, 9:39 pm

I think Drew has unbelievable potential and in time could be a big player but they really need to find a gimmick that suits him, I don't like the Sinister Scotsman gimmick at all, it's not natural at all and he comes across far to boring and delibrate, much like a heel 'Viper' Randy Orton without the actual push

He is a good promo guy though so a gimmick that fits him and he'll do alright

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BigPhil Mon 28 Nov 2011, 12:56 am

He's very young and I think that give him a few years his time will come. He has the capabilities to be a top star.

BigPhil

Back to top Go down

Post by Ayrshirebhoy Mon 28 Nov 2011, 2:42 am

Hope the boy does well! It's weird having a guy with a similar accent as yourself in the wwe and hilarious hearing that put on gruffness ( a'hm a wrestler) voice.

Ayrshirebhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down