The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not sure what a Haye win would prove????

+8
huw
horizontalhero
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Mr Bounce
TRUSSMAN66
12 posters

Go down

Not sure what a Haye win would prove???? Empty Not sure what a Haye win would prove????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:31 am

Guy loses a shut out to somebody....Then Guy takes on his older brother who is slower and has turned middle age....Guy wins!!!!

So what????

Surely Vlad is the only guy who can redeem Haye??

Or am I wrong???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Not sure what a Haye win would prove???? Empty Re: Not sure what a Haye win would prove????

Post by Mr Bounce Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:56 am

I think it would set up a massive rematch with Wlad, especially if he somehow manages to stop Vitali... That is, however, a VERY big "if"... Laugh

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Not sure what a Haye win would prove???? Empty Re: Not sure what a Haye win would prove????

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:11 am

I think a win would be great for Haye. There has been no signs that Vitali is on the slide. Yes he's slower but he's also more aggressive, a bigger puncher and all round far more dangerous than his younger brother.

If he did pull off what would be a massive upset it would set up a Wladimir rematch which would be a very good pay day.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:14 am

He has credibility to restore firstly by putting up a good fight, but if he were to win it'd be massive for him, and set up a rematch with Wlad as others have said. Gives him chance to go out on a real high, as unlikely as it may be. Vitali hasn't looked past it whatsoever.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:45 am

Well first and foremost, it would actually prove that he's a Heavyweight of genuine top quality, truly worthy of calling himself a world champion - a claim he's made often in the past, but hasn't ever backed up. That in itself is a reward enough should he win. Vitali Klitschko is a superb win for any Heavyweight to have on their ledger, even this forty year old version of him. It's easy to speculate that his age may be a factor, but as he's not shown any signs of deteriorating thus far, it's a moot point to a certain degree.

Next, it makes a rematch with Wladimir a nigh-on certainty in late 2012, or at least you'd think so. Another fine pay day and a chance at further redemption.

If Haye were to beat Vitali, I'm of the opinion that it proves a lot, not least to himself. But as I've maintained since hearing about the possibility of this fight, I just can't see that happening.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:56 am

Gotta agree with the guys on here...seems a pretty daft question from TRUSS (no offence intended). Vitali is still seen as the tougher prospect of the two brothers, certainly a far as recent performances go. Beating him would be a huge achievement and could put Haye right at the forefront of boxing.

Vitali seems to genuinely dislike Haye which makes for an interesting match-up and a win would send shockwaves throughout the HW scene setting up a rematch with Wlad.

Massive ask for Haye to beat Vitali but it would certainly prove he isn't the clown or no-hoper many seem to have branded him of late

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am

even just putting in a strong performance against vit would be good enough to prove hes a good heavy. beating him shows real quality and great skill and fully redeems him from the wlad performance.

also sets up the rematch against wlad. no one has come close to beating wlad since lewis so yes does prove a lot. dont really understand how you could argue it means nothing.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Guys, Trusses question seems to be implying that Vitali's age catches up wirh him in this fight, which it could- it has to happen sometime. So say , just for the sake of the arguement that Haye wins, but against a woeful Vitali, then aside from setting up a rematch with Wlad, and stoking Haye's ego, then it wouldn't really prove anything. But if Haye were to win in spectacular style, or outpoint a relatively lively looking Vit, then it would be worth a lot more- Haye could then claim to be vindicated in his arguement that a broken toe beat him first time out, claim he beat the better of the brothers, demand 50/50 split with Wlad in the rematch, and develop an even bigger ego!., and lets be honest, if Haye does win, even if Vit looks bad, everyone will be interested in a rematch with Wlad, even those that claim not to be.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:02 pm

even so we werent crying so what if adamek beats vit. now people dont like haye its a big who cares if he wins.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I think you are wrong.

There are two dominant champions at the moment, if he beats either he is one of the best two in the world.

At the moment his stock is so low that he almost needs a decent fight (not even a win, just a decent fight) if he is going to move into acting.

As things stand he could be the new Brando but people would still remember his fight with Wlad and not give him a chance.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:51 pm

huw wrote:

As things stand he could be the new Brando but people would still remember his fight with Wlad and not give him a chance.

To be fair Huw, he has managed to convince people he is a valid threat at heavyweight for the last few years, not sure Brando at his On the Waterfront peak could have pulled that off quite as well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:04 pm

rowley wrote:
huw wrote:

To be fair Huw, he has managed to convince people he is a valid threat at heavyweight for the last few years, not sure Brando at his On the Waterfront peak could have pulled that off quite as well.

Hmmmm, Babygro believing he is exciting doesn't really count though. I would say it is more of a Adam Sandler in Billy Madison performance.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Huw wroteThere are two dominant champions at the moment, if he beats either he is one of the best two in the world.

It doesn't work like that, it's not a game of conkers

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 pm

If he beats one of them though it proves he is someone worth talking about.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:25 pm

We will be able to say he was a double world heavy weight champ.

Has a better ring to it.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:23 am

DAVE667 wrote:Huw wroteThere are two dominant champions at the moment, if he beats either he is one of the best two in the world.

I thought this is exactly how boxing works, usually when one boxer beats another he is considered better.

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:24 am

huw wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Huw wroteThere are two dominant champions at the moment, if he beats either he is one of the best two in the world.

I thought this is exactly how boxing works, usually when one boxer beats another he is considered better.

I'll refer you to the recent bout with Manny and Marquez...in fact, I'll even go one better and refer you to their previous two encounters and ask if that still applies.

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:59 am

Also if Haye were to beat Vitali does that make Vlad the far superior of the two brothers when it is largely agreed Vitali would beat Vlad and is the more feared of the two?

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:02 am

Well it's different, I think that Wlad would win at this moment in time, however prime for prime I think Vitali knocks Wlad out.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 am

Even if Haye (big if) managed to beat him I would still back Vitali over Vlad even if they fought now, as someone mentioned earlier Vitali is much more agressive I can only see Vlad backing off and going into his shell the moment Vitali connected on is chin. Still regardless of this will be entriged if this fight does happen, Vitali KO 2nd half of the fight.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by huw Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:28 am

DAVE667 wrote:
huw wrote:

I'll refer you to the recent bout with Manny and Marquez...in fact, I'll even go one better and refer you to their previous two encounters and ask if that still applies.

Ah, but the fix is different!

huw

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:46 am

two_tone wrote:Even if Haye (big if) managed to beat him I would still back Vitali over Vlad even if they fought now, as someone mentioned earlier Vitali is much more agressive I can only see Vlad backing off and going into his shell the moment Vitali connected on is chin. Still regardless of this will be entriged if this fight does happen, Vitali KO 2nd half of the fight.

this perception that wlad is scared of his own shadow is wrong in my opinion.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:58 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
two_tone wrote:Even if Haye (big if) managed to beat him I would still back Vitali over Vlad even if they fought now, as someone mentioned earlier Vitali is much more agressive I can only see Vlad backing off and going into his shell the moment Vitali connected on is chin. Still regardless of this will be entriged if this fight does happen, Vitali KO 2nd half of the fight.

Never said that just stated that I believe Vitali would beat Vlad by knock out if they were to fight and is the stronger of the two both as an opponent for a contender and if they fought against each other. You dont rise to unified Heavyweight champion by being scared of your own shadow but I think Vlad is the weaker of the two. Either way we will never know 100%

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:45 am

Boxing is a business. If the Klits are willing to pay him 6 zeros after a single digit, why not? Also when he wins he gets a genuine belt and the single digit becomes double when he rematches (and loses) to Klit the jnr.

Haye cant lick two Klits.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:06 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:

Really? If you have decent power he is very cagey, not much but jabs until he knows you are beat then he opens up and finishes guys off. He knows he's chinny.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down