The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nick Mallet may consider England post.

4 posters

Go down

Nick Mallet may consider England post. Empty Nick Mallet may consider England post.

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:32 pm

It has been revield that Nick Nallet may consider the England job(Martin Johnsons)Job as head Coach/Manager but not intime for the 6ns.

He also made it clear that he did not like reporting to a Director of Rugby.He said that if he did take the job he should report to the board, and not a director of rugby.

How does this leave England now with trying to recruit a top level coach. Will the board now sack Rob Andrew for the sake of England rugby. Or will his department simply be sidelined and the head coach report directly to the board.

If England are to get a coach like Mallet, White, Kirwin, will the RFU Remove Rob Andrew from being the man that the coach reports too. Or are the Hands of the RFU Tied, and Rob Andrew cannot be removed.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Nick Mallet may consider England post. Empty Re: Nick Mallet may consider England post.

Post by Geordie Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:54 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:It has been revield that Nick Nallet may consider the England job(Martin Johnsons)Job as head Coach/Manager but not intime for the 6ns.

He also made it clear that he did not like reporting to a Director of Rugby.He said that if he did take the job he should report to the board, and not a director of rugby.

How does this leave England now with trying to recruit a top level coach. Will the board now sack Rob Andrew for the sake of England rugby. Or will his department simply be sidelined and the head coach report directly to the board.

If England are to get a coach like Mallet, White, Kirwin, will the RFU Remove Rob Andrew from being the man that the coach reports too. Or are the Hands of the RFU Tied, and Rob Andrew cannot be removed.

The funny thing is....i wouldnt want any of them over Mallinder or Deano etc....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Nick Mallet may consider England post. Empty Re: Nick Mallet may consider England post.

Post by maestegmafia Mon 28 Nov 2011, 9:58 pm

Still dont understand your vendetta against Rob Andrew...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:05 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/15927399.stm

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:02 pm

Should a coach not be told what is expected of him ? He reports to his superior and if that's Rob Andrew then so be it.
If I was going to take the job on I would be far more interested in being allowed to appoint my own coaching staff and having free rein to selection who I report to would be the least of my worries.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 28 Nov 2011, 11:08 pm

All the coaches are making a point of the fact that there is far too much middle management in English rugby. Too many cheifs and no indians.

Player answers to a captain who changes every other game who plays for a coach who answers to the manager who is also a coach, but a coach with no qualifications, who answers to the director of Rugby who answers to a board who coat tail the PRL and now there is a professional gaming board too that have to have a say other wise the PRL think the RFU is being unfair.

I am confused trying to even figure it out...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down