The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?

+6
theundisputedY2D2
rumfish mcallister
Brady12
MtotheC
Perry Groves is my dad
DOYLE192
10 posters

Go down

dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?  Empty dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?

Post by DOYLE192 Wed 30 Nov 2011, 4:32 pm

why is it the wwe have no idea these days how to build proper characters? i mean here you have dolph ziggler, a man who has really started to establish himself as a top guy, a man who no doubt will be a future world champion. and what do the wwe creative team do? they give him a completely LAME nickname.

i mean 'the show off'... REALLY?

When they shown both randy orton and ziggler walking backstage and micheal cole announced him as the show off it was the first time ive heard anyone use this term and i hope it doesnt last.

it just sounds stupid.

why not just stick with the his perfection persona? i mean im no creative member but jus off the top of by head how about 'MR PERFECTION' dolph ziggler. yes i know its not fantastic and its very simular to the late great 'mr perfect' kurt hennig, but hey? why not have him start comparing himself to him. or even better, have him cut a few promos saying how hes BETTER than mr perfect. It would really suit his cocky heel persona and should garner him some decent heat along the way. its just a thought.

so whats you thoughts on the name 'the show off' , do you agree its complete bulls#!t or am i missing something and actually its pretty damn good?

over to you... the 606v2 universe Whistle haha only kidding Smile

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?  Empty Re: dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?

Post by Perry Groves is my dad Thu 01 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

I really dont like it as the only thing he has done to show off was the headstand. He has done nothing to warrant this new moniker at all.

I much preferred the Perfection gimmick to be honest as it suited his look.

Perry Groves is my dad

Back to top Go down

dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?  Empty Re: dolph zigglers new nickname... the show off?!?

Post by MtotheC Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:01 am

I'm not a big fan of wrestlers doing handstands to be honest, but at least creative are trying to make dolph relevant with some kind of gimmick to match his obvious in ring talent and I must admit I am finding his promo videos during his entrances over the last few weeks interesting. However I don't think rehashing the mr perfect gimmick is the best way to go with him that being said I'm not sure of another way to book him off the top of my head.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:27 am

He was doing fine as he was for me why change? I think his character was becoming edgier & taken more seriously as a genuine threat... This gimmick has sent him backwards he didn't need it, throw on someone else if creative are so keen on it.

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by rumfish mcallister Thu 01 Dec 2011, 10:47 am

the bit when he did the headstand and Michael Cole said "Dolph Ziggler is showing off" was particularly cringeworthy.

What a great way to push someone towards the main event, have him doing headstands... I thought acting the fool is what Santino was employed to do

rumfish mcallister

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 11:00 am

I agree with the general consensus: It's an awful nickname.

Dolph has come on leaps and bounds this year, he's gone from a guy with a ricockulous name to a wrestler with genuine headliner potential. Labelling him 'The Show-off' and having him perform headstands sets him back in my opinion, it's more akin to a mid-carder gimmick.

At this stage of his career, when he's so close to breaking out of the pack, it's totally counter productive to saddle him with something as frivolous as 'The Show-off'.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by DOYLE192 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 4:55 pm

im glad people agree about the stupidity of this new gimmick/nickname the wwe has thought up.

i mean where do they see this going? surely him 'showing off' rules out any face turn in the near future (which is a good thing as the guy is a natural heel) but i mean where will it end?

im guessing he'll start losing again due to his 'showing off' then become more 'serious'... however i hope this doesnt mean that the wwe will have him cut his hair and dye it brown again... thus making him the generic randy orton look-alike he became when he was the so called 'new & improved' dolph ziggler a while back :/ god that was awful.

surely the wwe aint stupid enough to make that mistake again?

DOYLE192

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Thu 01 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

im guessing he'll start losing again due to his 'showing off' then become more 'serious'... however i hope this doesnt mean that the wwe will have him cut his hair and dye it brown again... thus making him the generic randy orton look-alike he became when he was the so called 'new & improved' dolph ziggler a while back :/ god that was awful.

surely the wwe aint stupid enough to make that mistake again?.

I think he will be "showing off" until he drops his title to Zak Ryder.

He will then either get ultra serious and squash ryder, winning it back... or change his image and begin a push towards main event status IMO.

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by psycho-gooner Thu 01 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

rumfish mcallister wrote:the bit when he did the headstand and Michael Cole said "Dolph Ziggler is showing off" was particularly cringeworthy.

What a great way to push someone towards the main event, have him doing headstands... I thought acting the fool is what Santino was employed to do

You're thinking of Zack Ryder

psycho-gooner

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:22 pm

I think they're trying to get him away from his #heel name. He used to have it on his ring gear but for some reason they're trying to push this show off gimmick. Its weird because as you all no by now, Vince is a massive fan of Twitter and Dolph's account name is #heelZiggler.

Liking his recent matches, facing the best in the company in the last 2 weeks in CM Punk & Randy Orton and doesn't look out of place at all. I think we're all thinking that he will leave Vicky in the near future, but do you think he could start fresh on smackdown, and become the world champion over there?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 01 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

It's not too much of a problem to be honest, he'll 'show-off' once to often and rue his attitude, I feel this is more of a bridge to the character he's going to become

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down