The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9

+11
The Special Juan
Fernando
TwisT
Nay
Marky
sodhat
ADMIN
nadeem2099
FIFA Diva
cherriesfna
nick_fury
15 posters

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9 - Page 9 Empty Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9

Post by nick_fury Fri 02 Dec 2011, 2:18 pm

Last edited by nick_fury on Fri 09 Dec 2011, 8:39 am; edited 4 times in total

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9 - Page 9 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9

Post by Fernando Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

4-0 seems very harsh but delighted anyway Smile

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9 - Page 9 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 1, Page 9

Post by TwisT Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:53 pm

Cheers Sodhat.

First win of the season! Would like to see the reasons when you have them Afro, because I am have been basing my formation on what you wise guys have been saying.

Looks like I will avoid the wooden spoon if I can draw with Liverpool next week. Bring it on Fan!

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:54 pm

Lunchie Munchie time !!! Boooooo

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:55 pm

lol ok Twisty, bring it

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:56 pm

I've noticed a pattern in how people have been voting and decided I will vote on that style. No matter how good a teams formation is or tactics even if he actually prepared himself reading comments from previous weaks if a bad boy striker is on the scence or a bad ass midfielder I will be giving them hatricks cause they're pure goal getters. Safe so don't cry when you get 3-0 losses from me because thats what I've been getting from some spazzes.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:56 pm

Fan, you interested in Clément Grenier at all? Only as as earlier in the season you were.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 06 Dec 2011, 12:59 pm

no nick - he is a dud lol

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:00 pm

I thought this weeks were my best I have written since coming in looking back. But I wasnt helped by the former manager selling valencias better players

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:02 pm

Ok fan if you going to be a dick ill treat you like one from now on

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:I thought this weeks were my best I have written since coming in looking back. But I wasnt helped by the former manager selling valencias better players

Thought your tactics were pretty sound too, Tooze. I still had Arsenal winning (because they have a very talented side) but I didn't have them anything like 4-0...I've no idea how that came about!

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed we got beat at home by a team close to us in the league. Not to take anything away from Twisty or Malaga, but I was at least hopeful we did enough to draw.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

Nick, thats fair enough

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:05 pm

nick_fury wrote:Ok fan if you going to be a dick ill treat you like one from now on

but still...no need for that

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Thought your tactics were pretty sound too, Tooze
So did I Tooze

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed we got beat at home by a team close to us in the league
Sod, know how you feel. I drew away with Benfica yet at home with improved tactics I cant win.

Its just different peoples opinions which determines how they vote. So only way really to guarantee results is having a team like Arsenal full of players that noboday can deny are good such as Robin Van P.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

nick_fury wrote:Tooze, sorry mate but I think some peoples votes were harsh on you. In the voting process RVP scored a combined 10 with only three peoples votes. As I said, harsh but thats the way the cookie crumbles.

Oh the pother hand, YI your a lucky lotion man lol nah well done. Europa cup it is for me than
You are still mathematically in with a chance Nick. Its not over yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:09 pm

but still...no need for that

Earlier was a conversation on a player, people gave opinions and so forth. No need to be a clever dick.

Thats the last im saying on it

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:10 pm

thanks guys, will keep going how i am and hopefully the results will follow

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

sodhat wrote:
ncfc_Tooze wrote:I thought this weeks were my best I have written since coming in looking back. But I wasnt helped by the former manager selling valencias better players

Thought your tactics were pretty sound too, Tooze. I still had Arsenal winning (because they have a very talented side) but I didn't have them anything like 4-0...I've no idea how that came about!

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed we got beat at home by a team close to us in the league. Not to take anything away from Twisty or Malaga, but I was at least hopeful we did enough to draw.

To be fair I think we were drawing Sodhat. But in my tactics I brought on Oxo after 65 mins and pushed Kuyt (who was on the right) further forward. I think that might have been enough to get me the second goal with that impact substitution.

I have had my tactics ready for Liverpool for a good few days now. I think I just might have the tactics to nick a draw. I reckon they are vulnerable this week.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:12 pm

You are still mathematically in with a chance Nick. Its not over yet.
I know but I have to reply on either you or Pool losing which wont happen. CF will get murked like he has all season, standard 3 points there. So im relying on Twist to beat Pool.
Me and my teams fault as we should do our job and not need others to win for us.
Europa Cup wont be so bad either. Give us a platform to build on and progress gradually

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:13 pm

nick_fury wrote:
Thought your tactics were pretty sound too, Tooze
So did I Tooze

To be honest, I was pretty disappointed we got beat at home by a team close to us in the league
Sod, know how you feel. I drew away with Benfica yet at home with improved tactics I cant win.

Its just different peoples opinions which determines how they vote. So only way really to guarantee results is having a team like Arsenal full of players that noboday can deny are good such as Robin Van P.

Yeah I get the feeling that if you have a couple of marquee names in your side you could more or less forget tactics and people would pick them to win anyway. With us, the only player who ever scores is Klose, and he isn't even a marquee player!

I did think the side I played this week were my strongest since I came here, and after drawing with Liverpool last week, I'm scratching my head a bit.

But, honestly, I'm not taking away from Twisty, because I read his tactics yesterday and they were well thought out and detailed too.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

Very gracious Nick thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:15 pm

Anyone remember Brass Eye ???

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:16 pm

I do, got all 7 eps on DVD somewhere!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:17 pm

Ahh well YI I smack talk as part the game, have a laugh and all that but I know where my team lies and when to say fair play to a fellow manager when they are humble spirited (meaning not big up there dud players) OK

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:18 pm

Awsome. I love the Cake one LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:18 pm

I dont have any dud players. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:19 pm

Cheers man thumbsup

I may be a bit of a nerd but I properly read everyones tactics and judge my results on which side outplays the other. I try and not look at big names too much, because big names don't make a team. If the team is well balanced and plays to it's strengths then I rate that more than "RVP as striker".

If you guys put the effort in writing these tactics, it is only right that I put the effort into reading them.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:20 pm

nick_fury wrote:

Awsome. I love the Cake one LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

"It's a fookin disgrace!"

I always liked Richard Blackwood sniffing the keyboard and saying he felt more suggestible. And DJ Foxy saying that pedo's genetically have more in common with crabs than humans...

How did they believe these things they were told?!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:22 pm

I dont have any dud players
My bad Wink

If you guys put the effort in writing these tactics, it is only right that I put the effort into reading them.
Her Her Twist. I officially dub you a badman !! Realist lyrics there wastemans, pay attention.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Nay Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:24 pm

any feedback on my tactics would be great cheers

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:25 pm

Watch CF go an write a 2 page thread on tactics for his match with me, thats why he isnt around!

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:26 pm

will have it up later Nay

Haha, CF is really plotting away

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

Juve will turn up and play like Ajax ala 69-73. Total football sweeping Benfica majestically aside.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:29 pm

why are there so many 2-2 draws?

Adebayor will finish on 8 for the year!

need to sign him
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:30 pm

viva when will thw reasons be up?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:31 pm

Y I Man wrote:Watch CF go an write a 2 page thread on tactics for his match with me, thats why he isnt around!

It had better not be 2 pages!! I'll never remember what he said at the start, by the time I get to the end
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:34 pm

nick_fury wrote:will have it up later Nay

The one problem I have with CF's tactics (even though I obviously don't vote for them as he is in my league) is that they, more often than not, state the obvious. I give you some examples. And I am not doing this to have a go at you CF. I don't know if you guys have the same issue when reading them.

"make sure there's no mistakes no messing around at the back"
"Be strong in the tackles, no regrets out there, pllay your hearts out"
"Shoot from range, on debut show no nerves. Perfect for this formation"

Problem is that these aren't really tactics, you are just telling them what they should do anyway. It is not giving the person reading reasons how you are going to beat your opponent and how you are going to stop your opponent attacking you. You know what I mean? My team doesn't have any real stand out stars so I make sure that my tactics play to the strengths they have, plus I give clear reasons on what the team should be doing to nullify the opponents strengths.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:42 pm

You know what I mean?
Twist, i know exactly what you mean.

Some managers used to give attributes to players which the player clearly do not posses in real life. Quite amazing in a way lolol

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:43 pm

xTwisTx wrote:
nick_fury wrote:will have it up later Nay

The one problem I have with CF's tactics (even though I obviously don't vote for them as he is in my league) is that they, more often than not, state the obvious. I give you some examples. And I am not doing this to have a go at you CF. I don't know if you guys have the same issue when reading them.

"make sure there's no mistakes no messing around at the back"
"Be strong in the tackles, no regrets out there, pllay your hearts out"
"Shoot from range, on debut show no nerves. Perfect for this formation"

Problem is that these aren't really tactics, you are just telling them what they should do anyway. It is not giving the person reading reasons how you are going to beat your opponent and how you are going to stop your opponent attacking you. You know what I mean? My team doesn't have any real stand out stars so I make sure that my tactics play to the strengths they have, plus I give clear reasons on what the team should be doing to nullify the opponents strengths.

Twist you are growing in my estimation. This is exactly NOT what tactics should be doing. They should be instructing players on what they do on the pitch. A bit of a motivational team talk is okay at the start. I bit of something which explains why you are using those tactics (e.g. their full backs are slow, so get the ball in behind for the pacey wingers to run onto)

Next season I would really like to see an improvement in the comments that come with votes, that demonstrate that tactics have been read. Not just "a strong attack from Team A" - more " the pace of striker A was too much for the CB who was supposed to mark him and Team A kept exploiting this".

And the votes should be it should 1/3rd Team, 1/3rd Formation and 1/3rd Tactical instruction.

Last edited by BigFellasAfro on Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:45 pm

And I actually had one manager award a goal to a Liverpool player who doesn't play for them anymore.

That's not even reading the team, elt alone the tactics.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:49 pm

Oh, and

Yahoo Bubbly

Double wrapped up today, so I am giving my players the morning off tomorrow

Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:52 pm

clap Congratulations Afro.

Back to top Go down

Post by footballcrazy Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:53 pm

another draw not too bad tbh

can someone update the afro league table?

i think my pts are not calculated correctly

footballcrazy

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:55 pm

And the votes should be it should 1/3rd Team, 1/3rd Formation and 1/3rd Tactical instruction..

The way I base it upon is formation first and foremost. This can be luck of the draw because you don't know how your opponent is going to be set up. But if one team plays 352 and another 433, I would think the 352 formation has the upperhand initially.

Then I look at the teams as a whole, and see which is the better overall, taking into account defence v strikers for each team and midfield v midfield.

Then the most important thing is the tactics. For instance if the 433 formation has it that they go 451 when defending, then the previous advantage of the other team playing 352 goes out the window.

Then if the 433 have pacy wingers then you have to give them points because the 352 do not have fullbacks.

That is a long winded explanation, but like I said before, having RVP as your striker should NOT be the be all and end all if your opponent’s tactics nullify him or the service he gets.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:56 pm

clap Congratulations Afro. Second that, well done

And the votes should be it should 1/3rd Team, 1/3rd Formation and 1/3rd Tactical instruction.
Or they should be 1/4rd Team, 1/4rd Formation and 1/4rd Tactical instruction and 1/4 if you liek the manager..........Joking Joking

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:57 pm

Aguero just put on his twitter: Feliz por mi hijo Benjamin que por primera vez fue al Jardin de Infantes , te amo hijooooo !!!

Anyone translate???

Afro, whats going on with Alex negotiation???

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 1:58 pm

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/news/s/1467040_manchester-united-stars-humbled-as-they-host-dream-day-for-brave-young-fans

clapclapclap

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 2:00 pm

nick_fury wrote:Aguero just put on his twitter: Feliz por mi hijo Benjamin que por primera vez fue al Jardin de Infantes , te amo hijooooo !!!

Anyone translate???

Happy for my son Benjamin who first went to kindergarten, I love you hijooooo

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 06 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

nick_fury wrote:Aguero just put on his twitter: Feliz por mi hijo Benjamin que por primera vez fue al Jardin de Infantes , te amo hijooooo !!!

Anyone translate???

Happy for my son Benjamin who first went to kindergarten, I love you hijooooo

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 06 Dec 2011, 2:01 pm

nice one YI,

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Dec 2011, 2:04 pm

I see myself and Hero both speak fluent Spanish Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next