The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road to Mania

+2
NickisBHAFC
HitmanOwl
6 posters

Go down

Road to Mania Empty Road to Mania

Post by HitmanOwl Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:12 pm

People get excited to the build up for mania. Why I ask? Mania has been rubbish for aslong as I can remember. The fact only 4 top level matches have taken place over the last 4 manias,which all included veterans tells its own story.

No good storylines,no good characters,de-push talent all back it up.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Road to Mania Empty Re: Road to Mania

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:16 pm

I thought last years bulid up was pretty poor. Yes the moment of 2011 happend when the rock returned and 2/21/11 was epic. Apart from that it was pretty dull. The championship matches were poor. HHH Undertaker could of been a lot better. Randy Orton vs CM Punk was the only match that acctually had some ok build up to

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Because you said it yourself

The ROAD to Mania

The fun is how they get there

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by wwinterj Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:01 pm

well they build it to be the biggest grandest stage of them all and when it takes place it feels what all the ppv should be but not mania. mania should be another 4/5 levels above what they have given us in recent memory.

Cant see this mania being any good tbh.
wwinterj
wwinterj

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:48 am

HitmanOwl wrote: Mania has been rubbish for aslong as I can remember.

Don't know how you can say that Manias 20, 21, 23 and 24 were all great cards (24 was a strong contender for the best ever IMO), and even though 25, 26 and 27 probably weren't as great as they could have been given the occasion to call them rubbish is a bit harsh

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:36 am

I think one of the bigger issues with Wrestlemania in recent times has been the lack of a Rumble winner who was chasing the Title at Wrestlemania for personal glory. That used to be one of the bigger parts of Mania every year.

There's just not been anything essential or epic about Cena, HHH, Orton, Edge etc chasing title no.327 against one of Cena, HHH, Orton, Edge etc because usually the reason for the feud was something else (not aout the WWE/WHC titles).

As an example, Edge chasing Jericho for the WHC at WM26 was some ass backward booking. Edge wanted Jericho for mocking his injuries. He surprisingly returns and eliminates Jericho at the Rumble and goes on to win. Jericho then wins the title a month later to set up a showdown with Edge, but Jericho's title is the secondary issue, because Edge had beef with Jericho already.

The Rumble winner should be the person everyone is dying to see walk out with the gold at Mania (Austin 1998, Batista 2005) or someone who will provide that career defining moment (Benoit in 2004 before all the s**t hit the fan) to send the fans home happy.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:30 pm

I agree with you mate that's a very good point, the Rumble winner should be a focal point of the road to WrestleMania and his match should go on last, the last Rumble winner to go on last was Orton at WM25, while many believe that match was an anti climax, it was only that way because Orton didn't win thanks to a McMahon heel turn, that was essential to the entire storyline

The road to WrestleMania 26 was awesome

The HBK/Taker angle
Batista/Cena angle
The Punk/Rey angle
Jericho\Edge angle although should have better
The implosion of Legacy

All very enjoyable story lines

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content