The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever......

+46
Dr Gregory House MD
BALTIMORA
Galted
sodhat
MustPuttBetter
Dass
JPX
rawa86
Shifty
tommyhearnsprodigalson
WhiteCamry
TwisT
Mickado
Crimey
Kenny
Adam D
Doubleagent73
JohnnyH
footballcrazy
dyrewolfe
Bleausardv2
legendkillar
westisbest
Cari
Hoggy_Bear
Pal Joey
CFCNick
Pr4wn
pedro
Andthen1
camerajuan
TipToes88
David Tails
noleisthebest
Dx Dan.
A Fine Folk.
Nay
asdral225
theundisputedY2D2
Davie
randy-poffo
Djmitch
davidl1061
Clunge4life
ADMIN
hornbloweroafc
50 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever...... - Page 2 Empty Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever......

Post by hornbloweroafc Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

As we have done best fims and the one scene I thought how about best quotes/catchphrases from films you always remember!
I'll start with the following:

HHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YOU GUYS! - Goonies

"I had to let him go!" or "He's dead tired" or "Let off some steam Bennett" - Arnie in Commando

hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever......

Post by Mickado Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:11 pm

hornbloweroafc wrote:Liam Neeson in Taken:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Best line ever.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever...... - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Film quotes/catchphrases ever......

Post by TwisT Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:24 pm

This stuff will make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus. Like me. - Jesse V in Predator.

I don't remember askin' you a goddamn thing - Jules in Pulp Fiction

There are loads of Pulp Fiction quotes I love...but the swear filter is a pain Very Happy

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:26 pm

I forgot the most important one. Sam L Jack at his best.

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:59 pm

"I'll make him an offer he can't refuse." - The Godfather

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:54 pm

"A census taker once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti".
Hannibal Lecter - Silence of the Lambs

"You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine".
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Star Wars: A New Hope

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:48 pm

From the Army of Darkness

"Yo she b1tch, let's go (Bruce Campbell)

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 pm

" Your sooo coool Brewsteerrrrrrr"
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:15 pm

Indiana Jones and the lost Ark - the arab guys pulls a sword out and does loads of really cool swings and moves. Indie pulls a gun out and shoots him.
No wordes but it didnt need any...

Stree Fighter 2 - Chun Li, Balrog and E-Honda roll a cart down a cliff towards bison and his men, they advertise this on telly (Chun li is a reporter). Zangief sees the cart approaching the base and shouts "Quick! change the channel!" classic.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:01 pm

"Don't ever hit your mother with a shovel. It will leave a dull impression on her mind." - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 pm

"It's not a tumaahhh" Arnie Kindergarten Cop

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Ahnold's take on Shakespeare in The Last Action Hero.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:51 am

Inga: He would have an enormous schwanztucker.
Igor: He is going to be very popular.

Young Frankenstein

There's no crying in baseball

A league of their own

You're an inanimate f***ing object

In Bruges

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 pm

Name the film........

"It is like a finger pointing away to the moon [points towards the sky]. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory!"

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

JPX wrote:Name the film........

"It is like a finger pointing away to the moon [points towards the sky]. Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all the heavenly glory!"

Far to easy, Enter The Dragon.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:08 pm

Ha yeah was a bit easy.

Bolo!

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Tin Cup

Roy: "Suppose there's this guy, and he's standing on the shore of a big wide river, and the... river's full of all manner of disaster, you know, piranhas, alligators, eddies, currents, Poopie like that... nobody'll even go down there to dip a toe. And on the other side of the river's a million bucks, and on this side of the river... is a rowboat. I guess my question's this: What would possess the guy standing on the shore to swim for it"

Molly: "He is an idiot "

Roy: "No, see, he's a helluva swimmer. His problem's more like why does he always have to... rise to the challenge?"

Molly: "He is a juvenile idiot"

Roy: "You don't understand what I mean by the river"

Also..........

Romeo: "Look, boss, I only got one rule. And that's never bet money that you don't have on a dog race with an ex-girlfriend who happens to be a stripper........ and you broke that rule"

Brilliant! Laugh
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:21 am

Some classics from Leslie Nielsen!

Frank: A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums.
Ed: That's no way for a man to die.
Frank: No... you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!

-----------------

Wilma, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat.

Very Happy

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 pm

Components. American components...Russian components...ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!
Lev Andropov [Armageddon]

Here's another scene that always makes me giggle:

Colonel William Sharp: Get off... the nuclear... warhead.

Rockhound: I was doing that guy from that movie, you know, Slim Pickens, where he rides it all the way in, the nuclear warhead.

Colonel William Sharp: Now.

Rockhound: Oh, you didn't see that one, huh?

dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Components. American components...Russian components...ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!
Lev Andropov [Armageddon]

Here's another scene that always makes me giggle:

Colonel William Sharp: Get off... the nuclear... warhead.

Rockhound: I was doing that guy from that movie, you know, Slim Pickens, where he rides it all the way in, the nuclear warhead.

Colonel William Sharp: Now.

Rockhound: Oh, you didn't see that one, huh?

If memory serves he follows that up with - "I just wanted to feel the power between my legs".... Laugh
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:14 pm

JPX wrote:Some classics from Leslie Nielsen!

Frank: A good cop - needlessly cut down by some cowardly hoodlums.
Ed: That's no way for a man to die.
Frank: No... you're right, Ed. A parachute not opening... that's a way to die. Getting caught in the gears of a combine... having your nuts bit off by a Laplander, that's the way I wanna go!

-----------------

Wilma, I promise you; whatever scum did this, not one man on this force will rest one minute until he's behind bars. Now, let's grab a bite to eat.

Very Happy

"The truth hurts, doesn't it Hapsburg? Oh sure, not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts!"

"I like my sex like I like my basketball; hard, fast and with as little dribbling as possible."

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Head of police reading arrest report: "Unlawful entry, arson.......... sexual assault with a concrete dildo???!"

Dreben: Errr, yeah, I can explain that.

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Dirty Harry

[Harry Callahan has to explain why he shot a man]
Harry Callahan: Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit Cuddle in a bad way, I shoot the Bar Steward. That's my policy.
The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
Harry Callahan: When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!
The Mayor: He's got a point.

The Naked Gun (The same quote given the Frank Drebin treatment)

Mayor: Drebin, I don't want anymore trouble like you had last year on the South Side. Understand? That's my policy.
Frank: Yes. Well, when I see 5 weirdos dressed in togas stabbing a guy in the middle of the park in full view of 100 people, I shoot the bar stewards. That's *my* policy.
Mayor: That was a Shakespeare-In-The-Park production of "Julius Caesar", you moron! You killed 5 actors! Good ones.

Edit: Hmmmm, "commit cuddle in a bad way" that's a new one. Will need to start using that more in conversation.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by JPX Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Some classic Drebin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjLgekyOZA0&NR=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=by5i2NI6lvI&feature=related

JPX

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 am

From River's Edge...
Feck: My leg was right out in the middle of the street. I remember lying in the gutter and bleeding and s**t, staring at my leg, right next to a beer can. And I remember thinking, that's my leg... I wonder if there's any beer in that can.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:45 pm

"What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."

-Conan

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:19 am

The final face off between Creedy and V in 'V for Vendetta' is one of my favorite scenes in any film and is full of some of my favorite quotes

V: The only thing you and I have in common, Mr. Creedy, is that we are both about to die.
Creedy: How do you imagine that'll happen?
V: With my hands around your neck.

Creedy: Love sacks. We've swept this whole place. You've got nothing. Nothing but your bloody knives and your fancy karate gimmicks. We have guns.
V: No. What you have are bullets and the hope that when your guns are empty I'm no longer standing, because if I am, you'll all be dead before you've reloaded.

Creedy: (starts shooting the approaching V) Die! Die! Why won't you die? (his gun clicks empty) Why won't you die?
V: Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

Epic scene from an awesome movie

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:51 am

The one film that has the best lines in it for me is Twin Town. Not so much what they're saying, but how it's said....hence I haven't quoted anything here because it wouldn't be funny just writing it down.

Also, The Van, The Snapper and The Commitments have some good ones too.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am

I love these ones from Crocodile Dundee

"Ah just popped out to knock the frost off a couple of cold ones".

"That's not a knife, that's a knife".

"You can eat it, but it tastes like s**t".

In part 3 when tey get to Wendy's drive thru.

"Good evening Wendy, there will be 2 of us dining tonight".

In the first one when the taxi stops at the lights in New York, talking to the bloke on the sidewalk.

"G'day, name's Mick Dundee, just popped over from Australia, might see you around".

Love those films.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:43 pm

I thought this one amusing

"What kind of sycophant are you"

"What kind of sycophant would you like me to be"

101 Dalmatians
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:54 pm

"My, my, my! Such a lot of guns around town and so few brains! You know, you're the second guy I've met today that seems to think a gat in the hand means the world by the tail."

- The Big Sleep, 1946

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Jimmie Sue's Father: "Don't go near my daughter again. Don't try to see her. Don't write her and don't phone her."

Rigby Reardon: "Can I use her underwear to make soup?"

Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:05 pm

"All dames are alike ..." - Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid (1982)

Spoiler:

Last edited by Adam D (Hobo) on Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : please put any images in a spoiler tab - be considerate to those who surf at work)

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobby DeNiro Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Every Joe Pesci film Smile

"YOU MUDDAFUC*A YOU!"

Bobby DeNiro

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteCamry Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:00 pm

"Mister, you're about to become Missus!" - Kathy Bates in Primary Colors.

WhiteCamry

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:16 am

"Your move, Creep!"

"I'll buy that for a dollar!"

Robocop
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Vodka Martinti - shaken, not stirred..

To be fair, there are so many quality Bond quotes.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:29 am

Blazing Saddles"We'll take the n1ggers and the chinks, but we don't want the Irish!"

Unforgiven
Any man don't wanna get killed better clear on out the back.

I've killed women and children. I've killed everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned.

Casablanca
Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine.

To Kill a mockingbirdMiss Jean Louise. Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passing.

nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:36 am

"Easy Miss, I've got you"
"You've got me....Who's got you?"

Superman: The Movie

"General Zod does not take orders, he give's them"

Superman 2

"General, would you care to step outside?"
"Come to me son of Jor-El, kneel before Zod!"

Superman 2 again
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2