The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns vs Laryea

3 posters

Go down

Burns vs Laryea Empty Burns vs Laryea

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 11 Mar 2011, 2:03 pm

Interesting fight this weekend from glasgow. Anyone giving Laryea a chance? I've only seen him fight once, where he dominated Appleby to take the decision. He's quite tall at the weight, appears to have physical toughness, a decent jab and an awkward, gangly style. I think Burns should have enough to outwork and outbox him to the decision, but it could be a tricky nights work for the champ. Neither are huge punchers so I'm not expecting a KO. I'll go Burns via UD.

James deGale gets an outing against frenchman Alpay Kobal (no Ive never heard of him either) on the undercard it what should presumably be a routine defence in anticipation of the apparent Groves fight on May 21st.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Burns vs Laryea Empty Re: Burns vs Laryea

Post by ArchBritishchris Fri 11 Mar 2011, 6:55 pm

Its a fight Burns should probably win. Laryea is game and can certainly box, but Burns usually brings a bit more to the fight. It may well turn into a spritely contest, Laryea carries a punch and does opt to come out blasting. While, Burns for his part has never been stopped, so the fight will perhaps tell us a bit more about his chin.

Last edited by ArchBritishchris on Fri 11 Mar 2011, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by ArchBritishchris Fri 11 Mar 2011, 7:04 pm

Paul Appleby is himself appearing on the card, he's not taking to many risks with this bout. At one point he was tipped to be the next big thing and was sailing through the domestic SFW ranks. He's now lost twice along with his defeat to arch rival Lindsay. Its rapidly becoming make or break time for Appleby.

Its fair to suggest DeGale isn't taking much a risk in his scheduled fight either. Just a tune-up, shouldn't present any serious problems.

ArchBritishchris

Back to top Go down

Post by J-Hop Sat 12 Mar 2011, 11:54 am

I think any hope of Laryea having a second successful trip too Scotland will be dashed fairly soon. As long as Burns doesn't switch off or lose concentration it should be fairly comfortable.

http://www.boxing-articles.com/ricky-burns-vs-joeseph-laryea-fight-brief/

J-Hop

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down