The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sky Announce Broadcasting Team

5 posters

Go down

Sky Announce Broadcasting Team Empty Sky Announce Broadcasting Team

Post by Fernando Wed 7 Dec - 14:10

In the first major unveiling for the 2012 campaign, Sky Sports have revealed their team of pundits, presenters and commentators to broadcast every session from all the season's races next year.

In an eagerly-awaited announcement, the station has confirmed that the hugely popular David Croft will join forces with Martin Brundle in the commentary box for each of the 2012's races, with Brundle on air during every day of each grand prix, dividing his time between paddock, pitlane and commentary box. The flexibility means that former F1 driver Anthony Davidson will be reunited with Croft for commentary duties for each of the weekend's practice sessions.

"In Martin Brundle we have the outstanding F1 broadcaster - on the track and in broadcasting, he's proved it time and again," commented Sky Sports Executive Producer Martin Turner.

"Working alongside him, David Croft is a passionate, experienced commentator and Anthony Davidson can bring great technical knowledge to live practice sessions."

In support, both Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz will scour the pitlane in search of the inside scoop on what's occurring, with Kravitz also co-presenting the magazine show that Sky Sports have also announced will be part of their package.

Ted's co-presenter on the magazine show will be Georgie Thompson, a familiar face to viewers of Sky Sports News, while another familiar face to Sky Sports viewers, Simon Lazenby, will host each grand prix weekend.

And last, but by no means least, broadcasting veteran Steve Rider will stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports.

"Ted Kravitz has huge knowledge of the pitlane and paddock and he and Natalie Pinkham will get the information and access our viewers need," added Turner.

"And guiding us through the coverage we have the experience of Simon Lazenby and Georgie Thompson. Each has hosted major sports events, from the British Lions to the Ryder Cup - they have trust and respect."

Source: Sky Sports

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Sky Announce Broadcasting Team Empty Re: Sky Announce Broadcasting Team

Post by Guest Wed 7 Dec - 15:03

I'm pleased with everything apart from reporter Pinkham and the introduction of Lazenby & Georgie Thompson as presenters. The thing I loved about the BBC coverage was JH alongside EJ & DC anaylsing and discussing all the latest goings on within the world of F1 and roaming in and around the paddock facilities. Seeing as there is no news regarding any analysts to accompany the main presenter, does that mean SKY are going down a different route to that of the BBC. I mean Thompson's presenting on A1GP was truly appaling and sticking your presenters in a box overlooking the track is hardly appealing to die-hard motorsport fans. I guess Lazenby can occupy himself by throwing a rugby ball against the wall for a couple of hours while we listen to Brundle & Crofty who actually know what there talking about. Also why do we need Pinkham alongside Kravitz, I know she's hot but if you've heard FP sessions you will understand what I'm talking about. No doubt the old bores of Blundell, Tony 'the old boring fart' Jardine & John Watson will be given roles on the show at a later date.

Last edited by John on Wed 7 Dec - 16:12; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Caboose Wed 7 Dec - 16:00

They could have put a herd of elephants in there, as long as Martin Brundle is talking, it's all good.

Don Caboose

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Wed 14 Dec - 23:29

Great team. Though I don't know what 5 live are gonna do. Their whole team has been sweeped
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Critical_mass Thu 15 Dec - 13:35

Will 5live still cover the practice sessions?

Critical_mass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Jan - 11:28

Damon Hill has joined SkySports F1 for ten races this season as an expert analyst. I originally thought that the SkySports F1 channel has promised to show every testing session of 2012 (was i wrong?) The channel begins in March but the majority of testing begins in February and a whole mass of news stories and developments occur throughout this period regarding F1. If I was wrong then I apologise but If I was correct regarding testing being shown, is it because they feel there new team need more time to complete their research, I mean Georgie Thompson knows nothing about F1 and the history of the sport, no wonder there urgently signing experts like Hill. Would not suprise me to hear Blundell or Jardine following closely behind for the other races Damon won't be attending

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu 26 Jan - 14:42

It's the practice sessions they said they would cover - not testing.
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 26 Jan - 14:48

That's rather disappointing to be honest not showing testing it would of given them a chance to prepare for the season and get all the bugs out the way so it doesn't effect a race weekend.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan - 16:09

Further information regarding Sky's F1 coverage released today,

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7456424/Sky-Sports-News-announce-2012-plans

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down