The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BoxNation tonight...

5 posters

Go down

BoxNation tonight... Empty BoxNation tonight...

Post by Union Cane Fri 09 Dec 2011, 2:54 pm

Hello boxing fans!

We’re pleased to announce that we’ll be showing tonight’s WBA Middleweight Championship title fight live.

Reigning champ Gennady Golovkin takes on Lajuan ‘simply marvelous’ Simon, live from Düsseldorf, Germany.

We’ll also be showing the IBO Intercontinental Cruiserweight title fight between Kazakhstan’s Isa Akberbayev and German favourite Armin Dollinger.

Tonight’s show kicks off at 7.00pm - subscribe now to get involved!

Are you in?

www.boxnation.tv

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

BoxNation tonight... Empty Re: BoxNation tonight...

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 09 Dec 2011, 2:59 pm

Doesn't sound very good
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:00 pm

I got that email too. At least Khan is fighting tomorrow on Sky.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

I will end up watching, can't say any of those fighters have crossed my radar at any point so far. Better than nothing though and with the state of the Cruisers it wouldn't be a surprise to see either one of those guys in a future world title fight.

Sky tomorrow night is pretty decent, looking forward to seeing the Edwards/Shinny fight as well as the action from the states. Then a nice midweek bout of Simpson/Selby to help things along.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:09 pm

In other words I'm sitting there thinking...

WHO VS. WHO and for WHAT!?!?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:11 pm

Dass wrote:I will end up watching, can't say any of those fighters have crossed my radar at any point so far. Better than nothing though and with the state of the Cruisers it wouldn't be a surprise to see either one of those guys in a future world title fight.

Sky tomorrow night is pretty decent, looking forward to seeing the Edwards/Shinny fight as well as the action from the states. Then a nice midweek bout of Simpson/Selby to help things along.

Yeah the Edwards/Bayaar rematch should be a corker. What time does the Khan fight start? I know the programme starts at 11pm but not sure what time the main event starts. Struggle staying up these days so if its late I will watch it in the morning.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:12 pm

I wouldn't be to hard on BoxNation quite yet since those fights from Germany are arguable the best available on what is a very poor Friday nights worth of action.

They could have showed nothing and just fell back on repeats.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:15 pm

These are the fights Eurosport show and the bigger bills Sky showed so Boxnation aren't giving you anything you didn't get before. People thought it was great they had the Cotto fight but that's because Sky weren't playing ball.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:17 pm

I like watching Shinny he's one of those guys that always goes in there to win though he's not the greatest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:18 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:These are the fights Eurosport show and the bigger bills Sky showed so Boxnation aren't giving you anything you didn't get before. People thought it was great they had the Cotto fight but that's because Sky weren't playing ball.

Should still be getting some good Sauerland events with some Top Rank and Golden Byoy sshows.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:These are the fights Eurosport show and the bigger bills Sky showed so Boxnation aren't giving you anything you didn't get before. People thought it was great they had the Cotto fight but that's because Sky weren't playing ball.

Should still be getting some good Sauerland events with some Top Rank and Golden Byoy sshows.

That's true Alex but although this seems to be there selling point, Sky at there height had every event that was worth watching home or abroad. All they are doing is picking up Skys leftovers and selling it to us as something unique. Eurosport had most of the European stuff coverred.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:27 pm

While this is true GG... are they showing it to us anymore...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

I would also add that although I enjoyed watching my old sparring partners on the motherwell bill, we only see them because it would be a bit cheeky to only show a two hour show with the price they charge. Bunce said seeing these early fights is unique but that's because of the price of subscruption.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:36 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:While this is true GG... are they showing it to us anymore...?

No but that doesn't make it right to round up the scraps and charge a tenner a month, when you consider the sports sky were giving you 24 hours a day for an extra fiver. A bargain it is not, 5 or 6 pounds seems more reasonable.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 09 Dec 2011, 3:42 pm

They are trying to run a business, you have to remember that. So whilst they are doing that they can't constantly please us but they will obviously always try there best. I don't mind BoxNation it's relatively upfront and honest most of the time and Buncey will tell you stuff straight although he does spin stuff (a tad!)

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down