The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triple H's 'succession'

+4
MtotheC
Brady12
Crimey
Sarsippius
8 posters

Go down

Triple H's 'succession' Empty Triple H's 'succession'

Post by Sarsippius Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:17 pm

Evening all,

Just a quick sunday night question for you all, the answer to which is probably obvious but I'm not sure.

If Triple H and Stephanie divorced tomorrow, where would that leave Hunter from a business point of view? Presumably he'd lose everything although this seems a waste of what must be at least 5 years of grooming him to take over. Would Shane come back into the fold? Would Stephanie take over? (Sounds sexist but I can't see Vince giving his company to a woman)

I guess there are many variables, like the manner of the divorce (if he had an affair with dixie carter I imagine he'd be screwed for instance), but I was just wondering if anyone more knowledgeable than me knew what would happen in the case of a McMahon-Helmsley divorce

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Triple H's 'succession' Empty Re: Triple H's 'succession'

Post by Crimey Sun 11 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

I think Vince would just carry on until he died, and then Stephanie/her new husband would take over, I don't think Shane has any interest in it. It could also be sold off so loads of people have a share.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 6:14 pm

Did Triple H sign a pre-nup?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sun 11 Dec 2011, 7:19 pm

I would imagine that hhh has only been groomed to take over the company due to his relationship with steph so if that relationship broke down he would be cast out of the fold. My understanding is that Shane has no interest in taking over the company, he has been presented with many opportunities by vince and chosen for whatever reason to take a back seat and withdraw from the corporate side of the business, therefore steph is the only other option and I'm sure vince would have no problem leaving the company in her hands. After all she has grown up around the business and her father so he should have a certain amount of confidence in her.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 11 Dec 2011, 10:27 pm

I think this is a very interesting thought provoking question. I don't quite know the US legal system very well but if no prenuptial agreement has been signed isn't Triple H entitled to half of Stephanie's assets? Linda Hogan seems to have somehow ended up with more of Hogans fortune....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Sun 11 Dec 2011, 11:41 pm

To be honest, I'd doubt that there's any chance of Triple H being legally entitled to anything (although I don't know this for sure) apart from money in the case of divorce. I would be happily proved wrong here of course if someone knows more.

My question was more related to the time spent preparing Triple H to take the reigns in a process which presumably could be rendered pointless at short notice and whether we're now at the point of Triple H being the best person to take over regardless of whether he's family or not and whether Vince would ever see it that way

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:36 am

I think if the worst came to the worst and Triple H and Stephanie divorced, Vince would try and stay around as long as possible until he could start preparing one of Shane's sons to take over from him, although that might prove difficult given that Shane isn't involved in the company any more.

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:39 am

Depends why they split!? If it's just irreconcilable differences i can't see Vince ostracising HHH from the business. He's got too much knowledge to just cast aside.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:00 pm

Surely HHH and Vince have known each other long enough now. Let's face it, HHH is.probably the best person to take over. As long as Steph is fine financially, I can't see it being a problem. Then again, this is Vince McMahon we are talking about, not the world's most logical man.

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:02 pm

I think Stephanie would become the "face" of the business, but the people close to Vince right now and that are on the board of directors, would be steering the ship. People like Kevin Dunn will come to the fore more.

The problem is that VKM knows the business inside out. Stephanie's title and to a certain extent HHH's, are purely down to being the boss's daughter/son-in-law. One of the reasons Shane walked out is because he understood that he knew nothing about the business and was better at the corporate side - hence his new sporting consultancy firm.

What we are talking about here are members of the upper hierarchy that know about wrestling. To a small extent Dunn does, but the rest of the directors have no background in wrestling. Does VKM trust Steph enough to control this side if HHH is out the picture? I have my doubts.

If HHH does leave for whatever reason, I can see Steph becoming heir, but being helped a great deal by road agents and senior wrestlers - that is of course if Steph isn't as headstrong as her father and listens to those in the know.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down