The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spoilers - please read

+16
Mind the windows Tino.
trottb
sodhat
Union Cane
oxring
Fists of Fury
JDandfries
HumanWindmill
coxy0001
AlexHuckerby
superflyweight
Rowley
Scottrf
88Chris05
The Galveston Giant
Adam D
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Spoilers - please read - Page 2 Empty Spoilers - please read

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Dec 2011, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi guys,

Just a quick note about spoilers on the forum. I can see both sides of the story with regards to this issue but I think its important to lay some ground rules so that we dont have any silly fallings out in the future.

Most of the big fights these days take place in America which means that for the majority of us, it airs in the middle of the night.

No one is asking for anyone to not be able to talk about results - that would just be silly. However, some people are not able (or wanting) to stay up till 4 in the morning and prefer to watch it the next morning.

now I understand that the argument would be why would someone want to come on to a boxing forum if they dont want to know the result? Well, we are a multi sports forum and the latest topic of discussion from boxing is on the home page. So even if someone is intending to watch the fight and not enter the boxing section, they might get inadvertently spoiled.

Can I therefore ask that for American (or other odd houred) fights that we dont include the result in the thread title. For example, instead of "Khan Loses" put "Khan fight results (spoilers)" or somethig of that ilk.

It doesnt stifle discussion at all but just gives a little common courtesy to your fellow members.

As for how long we keep the spoilers out of thread titles, I would suggest as a benchmark of the lunch time the next day (ie in this case and most, Sunday 1pm).

This really isnt and shouldnt be a big problem and lets all work together to stick to these simple guidelines. We use these guidelines in other sections too for the record.

Thanks

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Spoilers - please read - Page 2 Empty Re: Spoilers - please read

Post by Steffan Mon 12 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

Union Cane wrote:I think we won that one Windy, elsewise we'd all be speaking French...

Yes...you did win Wink

I agree with the not spoiling rule. Cant believe all the fuss that certain members have kicked up about it. Petty I tell you

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 12 Dec 2011, 6:55 pm

This happened to me last week about the Cotto against Margarito fight lol I had not seen it yet but the result was on here I guess it was my own fault but I dindnt think about it at the time

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

What a **** thread, there isnt a spoiler to be seen. What am I gonna moan about now

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:What a **** thread, there isnt a spoiler to be seen. What am I gonna moan about now

Spoiler:

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 12 Dec 2011, 8:37 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:What a **** thread, there isnt a spoiler to be seen. What am I gonna moan about now

Spoiler:

Spoilers are overrated imo - even though they were robberied by the judges imo - they are still poor - they shouldn't be calling out Duran imo because even though he is overrated he would rob Haye who will knock out Klitschko imo

I had a fight and I hit the guy so hard that he ran and jumped off a cliff - his name was Geron imo.

Thanks man - I feel better already

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 12 Dec 2011, 10:36 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoilers are overrated imo - even though they were robberied by the judges imo - they are still poor - they shouldn't be calling out Duran imo because even though he is overrated he would rob Haye who will knock out Klitschko imo

I had a fight and I hit the guy so hard that he ran and jumped off a cliff - his name was Geron imo.

Thanks man - I feel better already

Quality lol

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2