The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A thought that's been bugging me all day...

4 posters

Go down

A thought that's been bugging me all day... Empty A thought that's been bugging me all day...

Post by GB1919 Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 21:02

...not sure if anything like this has ever happened or if any of you will know the answer but it's worth a try.

What would happen if a team that shares a stadium (ie Jets and Giants) were both the top seeds within their conference and both made the AFC and NFC Championship game? Could both actually play home games on the same day, it seems a logistical nightmare but how could you punish either team?

GB1919

Back to top Go down

A thought that's been bugging me all day... Empty Re: A thought that's been bugging me all day...

Post by crazy_dave23 Mon 12 Dec 2011 - 22:51

They play Saturday and Sunday in the playoffs, so there would not be a direct clash at that stage and they would fix it in the "semis" to make sure they were on opposite days.

and in that situation there wouldn't be a problem anyway as two games are often played back to back e.g. Army vs Navy and then the Pats vs Washington this weekend.
I also remember a great time lapse video of the entire GB ARZ playoff thriller a few years ago that went on past the game, showed them tidying and completely redecorating the entire stadium overnight for the Fiesta Bowl the next day

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

A thought that's been bugging me all day... Empty Re: A thought that's been bugging me all day...

Post by GB1919 Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 13:12

My memory is struggling to go back any further but both Championship games were played Sunday 23rd January last year and are due to be played on Sunday 22nd January this year.

GB1919

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 13 Dec 2011 - 17:07

The divisional championships are played Saturday & Sunday, one in each time slot. The conference championships are on the Sunday. In this situation I reckon the NFL would have to make some form of exceptional arrangement. It could be chaotic with 4 sets of fans coming and going at the same time!

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by GurTPL Wed 14 Dec 2011 - 17:07

If that situation were to happen, I imagine they'd have to make an exception and host the championships on different days. The other option is to have one very early in the day, and one later on - I remember when their stadium opened last season, they were very proud of the fact that the stadium could be changed from Giants-centric to Jets-centric in ten hours, which would make it technically possible for them to still be the same day.

Realistically though? The Patriots are going to win the AFC East. Either the Steelers or the Ravens will have the 5th seed. This means if the Jets get in this year, they'd be 6th seed, and therefore will be impossible for the Jets to host the AFC Championship game.

GurTPL

http://pullinglinemen.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down