The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digtal radios

3 posters

Go down

Digtal radios Empty Digtal radios

Post by trottb Tue 13 Dec 2011, 7:00 pm

Hi all,

I have been pondering for some time about venturing into the world of DAB digital radios/sound systems. Can anyone recommend a good one? It could preferably play MP3s, CDs as well. I have been looking at the Roberts MP53, which, has mostly good reviews on Amazon. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Trott

trottb

Back to top Go down

Digtal radios Empty Re: Digtal radios

Post by Fernando Tue 13 Dec 2011, 7:16 pm

http://www.dixons.co.uk/gbuk/pure-one-mi-vl-61410-dab-radio-black-10577354-pdt.html

This is what i have and never had a problem with it yet and has excellent sound quality

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:14 pm

I was always a fan of the Pure Marshall 1 DAB radio when I worked in retail and sold them. Depends on if you are looking at more along the lines of a stereo type system (since you want it to play CD's I'm guessing you do?) or a stand alone DAB radio.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:24 am

Thanks for the feedback Fernando and Warrior. I am looking for more of a system as opposed to just a radio (probably should have made that clear in the OP Doh). What is the volume level like on the Pure system warrior? I would like it to be loud enough for small gatherings/BBQs.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

It's pretty good (being endorsed by Marshall it would have to be), but it will never give you the quality of sound you want at higher volumes. That is the problem with the standalone type systems, they don't have the power to offer the quality at the higher end of the scale and that is when you tend to get vibration distortion on playback.

Pure as a manufacturer are excellent though. So if you want a system type, then you could do worse than looking at them.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:38 am

Thanks for the info CW, I will have a good look at Pure. Considering getting it after Christmas in the sales which will hopefully knock the price down a bit.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum