The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership?

+11
Time For Trumpton
LondonTiger
Dubbelyew L Overate
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
doctornickolas
Bathite
hawalsh
Cymroglan
beshocked
niwatts
maestegmafia
15 posters

Go down

Best Flyhalf in the Aviva

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap6%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap2%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap0%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap2%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap56%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 37 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap15%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 10 ]
[ 1 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap9%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 6 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap0%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_lcap6%Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 66

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Empty Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership?

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:30 pm

Who do you think the best Flyhalf playing in the Rabo 12 is?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Empty Re: Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership?

Post by niwatts Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:54 pm

What jokers are voting for Robinson? He's not even in the top 5.

niwatts

Back to top Go down

Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership? Empty Re: Who is the Best Flyhalf in the Aviva Premiership?

Post by beshocked Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:35 pm

I would say the order goes:

Evans
Hodgson
Flood

Donald hasn't really done much as of yet.

Mieres seriously? Never even heard of the bloke. Robinson? What?

Agree niwatts Robinson isnt in top 5.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

Right the Welshman is not in your top five but that is your opinion.

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawalsh Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:22 pm

There should only really be three/four names in this list:

Evans
Flood
Hodgson
Donald (not on what he's done in the AP)

Votes elsewhere are partisan more than merit based.

hawalsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:51 pm

Can't see why anyone can see past Evans here.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:54 pm

Not surprised to see Evans heading the list. I think Mieres is a good call. Was in fine form last weekend, first time i had seen him play.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:24 am

Interesting to see Robinson rated as highly as Flood, Hodgson and Donald...!

I always though he was too flakey, good one minute then makes a stupid mistake the next.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:30 am

Is this about only on playing in the Aviva.

Because whilst Hodgson does ok at that level he has always been found seriously wanting at international level.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:33 am

doctornickolas wrote:Is this about only on playing in the Aviva.

Because whilst Hodgson does ok at that level he has always been found seriously wanting at international level.

Most of the players in the poll havent and probably wont play international rugby. so lets just base it on the premiership.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:42 am

Cymroglan it's not because he's Welsh. It's because he isn't as good as you Welshman evidently think.

Hodgson is the top points scorer in the Aviva Premiership and is consistently very good at club level yet has less votes than Robinson? What?!

Why did someone vote Farrell?

Anyway it matters not. The runaway winner is Nick Evans anyway.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:48 am

Evans, Evans and then Evans OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:39 am

Mieres Chief , Steeno Chief , then Chris Budgen Chief (but scrum half is probably his better position) Wink

The best of the others would be Evans.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:03 am

Nick Evans comfortably. One of the best players in the English prem in recent years.

Flood, Hodgson (very, very good premership player) and possibly Donald next.

I guess maesteg is hoping the Welsh vote for Robinson. Oh, I see some of them have Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:14 am

The order is:

Evans
Evans with a headache
Evans with a bad leg
v
v
v
v
Pause
v
v
v
v
v

The rest

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Time For Trumpton Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:19 am

Evans's game isn't flawless, but he's quite clearly the best on offer here.

As for Robinson, garbage is too good a description.

Time For Trumpton

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:25 am

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:Mieres Chief , Steeno Chief , then Chris Budgen Chief (but scrum half is probably his better position) Wink

Right, mate! I think Budgen might rate in the middle of this list.

But, gawd, this is a sorry bunch, eh? Where are the 10s? The real 10s.
Glad you posted this. I think my 14 year old son could go out there and get a run, now. Cripe, my grandmother might slot in as well.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 16 Dec 2011, 10:58 am

On current form Nick Evans is well out in front followed by Flood then Hodgson, Burns and Mieres in that order. Donald has looked poor so far and would be towards the bottom of the list (allowing for starting 10s only, obviously he's better than the average academy player/reliable sub).

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Time For Trumpton Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:14 am

Surely Gopperth is the best fly-half in the AP, nay, the world?

Time For Trumpton

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:40 pm

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:Mieres Chief , Steeno Chief , then Chris Budgen Chief (but scrum half is probably his better position) Wink

Superb, DLO Laugh

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Fri 16 Dec 2011, 6:39 pm

maestegmafia wrote:Interesting to see Robinson rated as highly as Flood, Hodgson and Donald...!

I always though he was too flakey, good one minute then makes a stupid mistake the next.

I think he appealed to a certain 606v2 demographic that wanted to vote for him irrespective of his comparative ability.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:44 pm

LondonTiger wrote:The order is:

Evans
Evans with a headache
Evans with a bad leg
v
v
v
v
Pause
v
v
v
v
v

The rest
I think you have the rest a little too close in terms of ability.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:53 pm

stlowe wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:Interesting to see Robinson rated as highly as Flood, Hodgson and Donald...!

I think he appealed to a certain 606v2 demographic that wanted to vote for him irrespective of his comparative ability.
Let's call them the "Rhydian" demographic Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 17 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

stlowe wrote:

Never been a fan of his myself. As I said above, he is too flakey, inconsistent and unreliable.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat 17 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

Mind you I imagine most Blues fans would much rather Robinson than Dan Parks... I wonder if Dai Young will let Wasps do a straight swap ? ? ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down