The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker

+3
HammerofThunor
Ozzy3213
LondonTiger
7 posters

Go down

Who should start at hooker v Scotland in the 6Ns

606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_lcap6%606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]
606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_lcap22%606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 4 ]
606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_lcap67%606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 12 ]
606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_lcap5%606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_lcap0%606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_lcap0%606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 18

Poll closed

606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Empty 606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker

Post by LondonTiger Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:45 am

Alex Cobisiero and Dan Cole have been voted as the props to start against Scotland, but who should go between them? There are perceived flaws with all the hookers available - much of it due to youth and inexperience.

I will try and list all potential candidates from the AP, but let me know if anyone is missed.

George Chuter and Andy Titterall (just resigned on loan for Sale) are not included deliberately due to already drawing their pensions. (Yes I am ageist Smile )

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Empty Re: 606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:39 am

I think you have to go Hartley, as he has been in and around the team for a while now. We really need him to step up though, or if he fails, one fo the others to come good and fast.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker Empty Re: 606 Picks the England Team to play Scotland in 6Ns - Hooker

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:52 am

Yep, Hartley to start with Gray on the bench. If the props were more experienced I'd be tempted to start Gray.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:58 am

Hartley seems to give away a lot of penalties
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:03 pm

Does he? Hadn't noticed any more than most players. At the moment his biggest problem seems to be holding the ball. Perhaps he should stop rubbing them in greese before games.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

I just thought it was mostly him during the world cup for popping up etc could well be wrong though, my English housemate had lots of four letter words for him.
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:07 pm

Much has been made that Hartley has barely had a break from rugby for so long...that his form is bad...maybe / maybe not.

He's not impressing me at the moment...and i would look to another...Grey seems to be doing ok...pop him in.

Im hoping that Lindsay steps up...he's a big fella...and George at Sarries is learning of two top drawer hookers....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:47 pm

Agree Hartley doesn't give much away penalty wise. He does seem to have gone quite with the ball in hand though.

Gray for me should start. He's a quality all rounder and better in the set piece then Hartley, and yes I am massively biased.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by B91212 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 2:58 pm

Another biased post here (as a Saints fan) but I don't think Harley is playing all that badly, he's just not doing as much in the loose as he is capable of As others have said he seems to be dropping the ball a little too frequently at the moment as well.

The guy needs a serious rest. Due to the lack of squad depth, along with all the top level games Saints played last season he ended playing for a lot of hours, certainly more than most hookers and in pretty high intensity matches as well. He then more or less went straight into world cup training. By the end of this season he is going to have played for about 18 months straight.

He does have the experience though and I'm confident he wont let anyone down. Would start him in the 6N with Grey on the bench and probably Paice in the EPS (as long as he can improve his throwing). Hopefully then Grey would get enough experience to allow Hartley to miss the summer tour and start next season fresh.

B91212

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down