The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Casterton or Kirkby Lonsdale

3 posters

Go down

Casterton or Kirkby Lonsdale Empty Casterton or Kirkby Lonsdale

Post by Rossa Tue 15 Mar - 21:34

Morning,

I am in Kirkby Lonsdale for a week next week for a break. I have already negotiated a round at Ilkley on the way back Smile but may be able to squeeze another twilight round somewhere near where i am staying.

These 2 are the closest.

Casterton is 9 hole but looks pretty decent and maybe perfect for a late afternoon knock about.

Kirkby Lonsdale is a full 18 holes...

Just wondered if anyone had played either or both and could give me a quick review?

Any info on Ilkley would be welcome as well.

Cheers
Rossa
Rossa

Back to top Go down

Casterton or Kirkby Lonsdale Empty Re: Casterton or Kirkby Lonsdale

Post by George1507 Tue 15 Mar - 21:56

I've played Ilkley a few times. It's a shrine to Colin Montgomerie. The first 8 or so holes run next to the river Ayre, then it turns and heads back to the clubhouse. It's pretty tough - the CSS is 2 or 3 more than the par I think.

I also played Kirby Lonsdale a lot of years ago - I don't recall very much about the course I'm afraid. On a nice day it's a lovely setting though.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersixfive Wed 16 Mar - 7:09

Rossa

Played Kirkby Lonsdale last year and enjoyed it, not an extra special course but worth the money. Very picturesque as you would imagine and a good test of golf. As for Ilkley, I work in the town and the course is exclusive and has a number of nice holes. Not my favourite in the area but worth playing. The clubhouse is reminiscent of anvils people's home and seeing as 95% of the members are old duffers with too much money, you can see why. Never played casterton but others to consider on way back to leeds from dales. High Bentham (cheap and cheerful golf) otley, (nice track) bracken ghyll (very welcoming a d vastly improved) have fun super65

Supersixfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Supersixfive Wed 16 Mar - 7:14

Sorry skipton too (nice traditional golf course)

Supersixfive

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down