The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Years Resolutions

+3
amritia3ee
sportslover
Jubbahey
7 posters

Go down

New Years Resolutions Empty New Years Resolutions

Post by Jubbahey Fri 23 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

Well, I have just resurfaced temporarily to wish you all a Happy Xmas and a Happy New Year and hope that I may be allowed to propose something that I feel this section may need in the weeks that follow.

I have visited a few times over the past 4 weeks and noticed that the boards are a little "vented" right now. Nothing new you might say and pretty much an expected part of a public forum. Free speech being the operative word.

My advice would be for everyone to put everything that has been said behind them, let bygones be bygones. I think every poster on here knows exactly where each other is coming from, their likes and dislikes, loves and hates.

It would be healthy in all aspects and respects of a forum like V2 to clean the slate, have a good dusting down and open a few windows to let the fresh air in, as and when any new year approaches, and I feel that this board would profit immensely from its generous and regular posters to bury the hatchet and start afresh.

Begin the new year with a new approach, a new respect for each others opinions and a new appreciation for members old and new, their appraisals and criticisms and everyone's view to what makes a player tick their boxes.

All I can say is that from my perspective, it would be a crime to allow this forum to die a lingering death because of a few miscreant opinions/posts/articles, that it would be far better to push its boundaries, therefore its appeal to the outside world by showing its true colours as a sports forum where intelligent people can discuss their favorite sport without malice or disrespect.

One poster doth not make a forum, nobody and everybody is an important cog in a forum mechanism.

I appeal to each and every one of you to take heart and try to find room to forgive and forget, make amends and try to see the New Year in with a flourish of good natured articles/threads/posts or whatever you may find challenging to the intellectual and give as much as you take from this place many of you call home.

So with that last thought hopefully lingering, just let me say that I think V2 deserves better, in so much that its members, its admin team deserve a more rewarding experience than the constant bickering that may well see the section dissolve into an oblivion as a result.

Peace and Goodwill to all women and men.

clap RedWine Bubbly 2012 New Years Resolutions 3845856932 New Years Resolutions 1347041234 angel clap

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions

Post by sportslover Fri 23 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

Hey jubba nice to see you.

You will be glad to know that there are some good quality new blood posters who have recently joined and believe it or not they are Nadal fans - here's hoping for a return to what YI Man I am sure wanted initially and that was to have a good mixture of various fans generating healthy discussion.

Sadly it wasn't really going in that direction but maybe fortune may be taking a turn for the better.

All the best for Xmas and as a fellow Murray fan let's hope Andy can have an excellent 2012 and pick up that elusive first slam.

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Fri 23 Dec 2011, 11:18 pm

Merry Xmas everyone!
This is the '2011 review thread' for all people to express their opinion on the last 12 months. There are also some set questions which you can answer- such as 'Who is most best/ most improved player etc.' Votes will be recorded.
I am looking forward to hearing your views. Smile Hug

https://www.606v2.com/t20813-2011-year-in-review-votes-will-be-recorded
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sat 24 Dec 2011, 12:32 am

I agree with the article.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sat 24 Dec 2011, 12:40 pm

Hi Jubba...lovely to see you Hug

Great post!

Happy Christmas everyone New Years Resolutions 3602195817

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Sun 25 Dec 2011, 1:18 am

amritia3ee wrote:Merry Xmas everyone!
This is the '2011 review thread' for all people to express their opinion on the last 12 months. There are also some set questions which you can answer- such as 'Who is most best/ most improved player etc.' Votes will be recorded.
I am looking forward to hearing your views. Smile Hug

https://www.606v2.com/t20813-2011-year-in-review-votes-will-be-recorded

You're not advertising/spamming in my article are you amritia3ee ? you little devil

Try editing it can you, Ta!

Merry Xmas to you too.

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by Jubbahey Sun 25 Dec 2011, 1:24 am

Sportslover, I'm sure Andy will do well next year, all depends if he can keep his confidence levels up, but I am also sure he knows when its best to forget the bad stuff every now and again.

Hi HB, here's hoping the new year brings with it more cheer and understanding between posters.

Sol Hug and have a great Xmas (not too many xmas tarts though)
It would be nice to see more co-operation by everyone on here to treat V2 as a public forum and not their own soap box. To show respect for other posters is only half the story, its allowing people space to express themselves without fear of ridicule.

Jubbahey

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Sun 25 Dec 2011, 11:46 am

Couldn't agree more with this article Jubbahey. It's great to see you back posting on here Hug

Merry Christmas one and all New Years Resolutions 3602195817

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue 27 Dec 2011, 1:26 am

Belated MX to you Jubba.

thumbsup on a nice article.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content