The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal frustration

4 posters

Go down

Nadal frustration  Empty Nadal frustration

Post by CAS Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:32 pm

Just writing as a frustrated tennis fan who has read yet again that Nadal has come out and said he is not 100%. I have huge respect for Nadal as a player, I am and always will be a Roger Federer fan but I actually find what Nadal has done to reach the top even more impressive, "Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em" William Shakespeare. Roger Federer was born great, Nadal became great.

That being said, for once I wish Rafa would keep his niggling injuries to himself, its like he has an excuse just in case he does not win the tournament. If he wins the tournament he will specify the exact moment he felt better, usually a straight set victory. Australian Open last year he told everyone he was ill, French Open this year he said he was not feeling himself, and was mentally struggling from Novak, Wimbledon he had a foot injury and the US Open there was the dramatic cramping. Now he has come out and said he was injured at the World Tour Finals and will not be fully fit for the 2012 Australian Open. I am almost certain all the other top players have had injuries before tournaments but just keep it to themselves. Rafa will go down as an all time great unquestionably but does anyone else think he should keep his slight knocks to himself?

Last edited by CAS on Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

CAS

Back to top Go down

Nadal frustration  Empty Re: Nadal frustration

Post by hawkeye Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

Tenez! Where are you?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 29 Dec 2011, 4:57 pm

Lydian, where are you? Wink

As Lydian says, Nadal is trying to get his 'mojo' back. Wink

Regarding the OP, was there any mention of injuries (< 100%) at IW/Miami/Monte Carlo/Madrid/Rome 2011? Erm

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by CAS Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:00 pm

in Indian Wells and Miami he did not need to he was coming back from his injury at the Australian Open, in Madrid he didn't but in Rome he was saying he was not feeling himself again with the defeats to Novak getting to him

CAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:09 pm

Why are so many Fed fans on 606V2 so down on Nadal ? Did he do something to upset them ?

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

"Q. But yesterday you were still a bit...
RAFAEL NADAL: Was three hours of match. Last hour was really hard for me. You know, playing one hour without the right conditions, physical conditions, I had the problem in my shoulder a few weeks ago at home. So I felt perfect in that.
With that problem yesterday, I wake up with a problem on the shoulder another time, so I had to work a lot yesterday on the recover on the shoulder. Seriously yesterday I didn't know if I gonna be ready to play today. I tried to practice, and I didn't had that chance.But that's for sure. Doesn't affect my match of today because I felt perfect today. At the same time for me is a positive day today because I played without problems and I can still play and continue in the tournament and I can still have chance."

This is from Nadal's interview after the Federer WTF 2011 match.

http://www.asapsports.com/show_interview.php?id=76176

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

CAS wrote:... Rafa will go down as an all time great unquestionably but does anyone else think he should keep his slight knocks to himself?
It's the public's insatiable desire for 24 hour news 7 days a week, the hordes of hacks in search of a story (and they will tap phone lines if dissatisfied - allegedly), and the demands of the tournament organisers and sponsors who require players to attend media question and answer sessions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down