The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scotland's mission

+7
doctor_grey
21st Century Schizoid Man
TJ1
Scot Abroad
gowales
RDW
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
11 posters

Go down

Scotland's mission Empty Scotland's mission

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 30 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

Loving the ambition that Dodson reveals: Winning the 2015 RWC Braveheart

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Scotland's mission Empty Re: Scotland's mission

Post by RDW Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:12 pm

I really do like this guy - increased marketing, big signings for both teams and an ambitious future! Polar opposite of mckay!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:51 pm

Or even McKie! Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:01 pm

I kid you not that i firmly believe that Scotland have a very strong chance of winning the six nations this year (2012).

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scot Abroad Fri 30 Dec 2011, 6:47 pm

gowales wrote:I kid you not that i firmly believe that Scotland have a very strong chance of winning the six nations this year (2012).

Too early for us I'm afraid. I don't think we'll ever build a WC winning side but I don't think a semi final spot is out of our reach (through the luck of the draw).

Scot Abroad

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:19 pm

Scot Abroad wrote:
gowales wrote:I kid you not that i firmly believe that Scotland have a very strong chance of winning the six nations this year (2012).

Too early for us I'm afraid. I don't think we'll ever build a WC winning side but I don't think a semi final spot is out of our reach (through the luck of the draw).
+1, but I'd like to see some improvement over the next couple of years as the group of talented youngsters comes to fruition

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Fri 30 Dec 2011, 8:17 pm

I'd like to see some improvement over the next couple of years as the group of talented youngsters comes to fruition

Indeed. Its about time they started winning some of these tight games - crossing the whitewash a few times is what is needed.

Its the most exciting group of youngsters I have seen all the time I have watched but they really need to show it. Underperformed at the WC - nows the time to show us. Schedule is good - I'll be disappointed to be lower than third .

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 30 Dec 2011, 8:18 pm

Yes best thing ever was getting rid of that utter erse Carpet McKie. Still don't think Robinson is right after all RWC 11 was a total feckin disaster. I also suspect his dead selectors hand is all over the Embra selection for the derby game on Ne'erday at Firhill. Is he shaping up for a Blair/Godman hb combo for the 6 Ns. Christ I hope not - worst I can ever remember at 9/10 Scotland's mission 767733566

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 30 Dec 2011, 9:56 pm

Scot Abroad wrote:.......I don't think we'll ever build a WC winning side but I don't think a semi final spot is out of our reach (through the luck of the draw).
Well, never say never. Tis true Scotland could'nt even think RWC until their house is brought into order. But now it certainly seems the first steps have been taken, and hopefully more to follow. So now, all of a sudden, the future is brighter, eh?

And those lunkheads at the RFU should be watching. Get thy house in order, and lo, the future is bright.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by poddy89 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 2:34 pm

surely we've got to get up the world rankings a few places this year, at least get in front of tonga Very Happy

scotlands progress this year depends if the coaches are willing to take a few risks and get some new blood in the team.

and really what do they have to loose? they look good and play well at times but the results arent happening,

so we will only really know when the six nations squad is released

poddy89

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sat 31 Dec 2011, 3:33 pm

Can't fault the ambition, and the Scott Johnson appointment strikes me as a gamble worth taking.

Pleased for CP also.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Sat 31 Dec 2011, 4:23 pm

Get John Rutherford and Jim Renwick out of retirement. simples.
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:50 am

IBD, if only it were that easy, hey?!

Second part of the Dodson interview: Plans for Scotland - he certainly has a wonderful way of putting things in contrast with the previous regime:"rugby here is no longer seen as a cost, but seen as what we do"

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:34 am

Good morning Mr Dodson. Scottish rugby is in dire need of an overhaul. There are a couple of rebel unions that are growing in resources and numbers but there is still much work to do if they are to be a force on the international stage. Your mission Dodson, should you decide to accept it, is to make the Scottish Rugby Union a world force and to bring home the Webb Ellis trophy in 2015. As always, should you or any of your SRU force be caught or killed, the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions. This post will self-destruct in five seconds. Good luck, Dodson.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperialbigdave Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:14 pm

Dodsons theme
Imperialbigdave
Imperialbigdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down