The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kane

+7
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
JamesLincs
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Stonee21
DonIffy
The_Enigma
Shot 21 LCFC
11 posters

Go down

Kane Empty Kane

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm

Right now this guy is my favourite. Even ahead of CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler and Cody Rhodes. I am loving the fact he has returned with the mask. I thought his promos have been excellent and I love the way he is delivering them. And then I thought the ending of this weeks Raw when he comes out the ring was brilliant as well. You cant beat a bit of comeupthroughtheringy!!!

I hope he has another great Royal Rumble and sometime soon holds the WWE title (although I doubt this last bit). At the moment the thing I am looking forward to most when I watch Raw is the segments involving Kane.

What do other people think?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Kane Empty Re: Kane

Post by The_Enigma Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

I personally love Kane's return and current storyline too. With Kane you getting something unique and has such an orr about him, with his mask. It adds mystery to his character again.

His promo & Mic skills have always been 1st glass and by the sound of his voice he tells you a story and gets you listening on to everyword he says. Some might say he lost his pysico image as soon as he has he spoke on the mic but that he's IMO the 3rd item in a list which is the long term to get Cena to turn heel, which what is promo was about.

He's gone away, took some time and come back, He looks a lot faster then last time around, almost like when he first made his debut in how he goes after Cena, I also love his new choke submisson, again adds to his pysico character. The fire and the coming out from the ring again just adds more to his character which sets him apart so much from anybody else in today's roster.

I hope the writers can keep it up because so far, His return has been a breath of fresh air!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 04 Jan 2012, 3:50 pm

I prefer him talking. It would be pointless going back to the silent type after we all know he can speak and we wouldnt get to hear his great promos. I love how he uses the big words and like you say he gets you hooked on every word.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DonIffy Wed 04 Jan 2012, 4:07 pm

Yeah i agree, his return has been a fresh breath of air, I am always watching raw, to see what masked Kane will be doing and his storyline with Cena. I wonder how it will play out.

DonIffy

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Wed 04 Jan 2012, 5:28 pm

You thought the ending to this weeks raw was good? Laugh

This weeks Raw especially the ending is one of the most ridiculous and unintentionally funny I have ever seen Laugh

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:22 pm

To be honest, I've never understood why everyone on these boards seems to love Kane so much. I've always found his matches pretty boring, and while his promos are decent, I wouldn't say they are outstanding. Granted, he has been a loyal servent to the company, and maybe the return of the mask could lead to a change.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Thu 05 Jan 2012, 11:35 pm

he was fantastic during the late 90's for a guy his size, he certainly got around the ring, and that is an understatement. but obviously with age he cannot get around like he used to. his promos and mic work however are fantastic and he still would strike fear into anyone. imagine him in a mask in a horror, i think you would genuinely think holy schit!

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

Kane's promos are absolutely superb - tons better than Punk's insidr referencing. His comeback has been excellent. Somehow he's allowed to suffocate John Cena on live TV which should be commended Laugh. And the end to Raw was class - if you think that's ridiculous, how on earth did you ever get into wrestling?

That's what wrestling SHOULD be like!

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:26 am

Damn right ED!!!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:38 am

I think the ridiculousness was set out from the start when he ripped the locked door of a steel cell clean off it's hinges to attack his dead brother who had previously set fire to their family home, killing their parents - one of whom was only a step-parent to Kane as his biological father was his brother's fat, pale manager, who could inexplicably control said brother with an urn.

It ain't new. It's brilliant Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:14 am

When he came back and he had that other mask on I thought he was going to come out and weld the ring posts!!

In a way we saw this side to Kane during his title run in 2010. I like it. How can you not. I hope he continues to mess with Cena as I feel he could be the mos important factor in Cena's Heel turn.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:05 pm

Well obviously I didn't watch WWE in the '90s, but based on what I've seen of him while I've been watching it, he seems a pretty boring character. While the promos in his feud with Taker last year were decent, the matches were terrible.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:49 pm

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:Well obviously I didn't watch WWE in the '90s, but based on what I've seen of him while I've been watching it, he seems a pretty boring character. While the promos in his feud with Taker last year were decent, the matches were terrible.

Bloscar, Bloscar, Bloscar, Bloscar (disappointed tone of voice)!!!! You need to get yourself some old school RAW is WAR dvd's, old school masked Kane was awesome, his debut and the story around it was epic and the subsequent matches and feud with taker was legendary! seriously buy the dvd's or get yourself on youtube.

But your summary of kanes recent performances is bang on, he hasnt been relevant for a long time now even during his mitb win and whc run he wasnt used correctly, however since his return ive been transported back to attitude era kane, he should be used as a deranged monster and im so glad to see him back masked and running around like a madman! With the mask and hair he has that aura of mosterness (i just made that word up, i like it and im sticking with it) and thats exactly how he should be used and portrayed.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:50 pm

I'm not sure how he could have been used any better during his WHC run, he was the focal point of the show

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:02 am

to be honest im not a big smackdown follower, just check in from time to time and follow spoilers so im not the most informed poster on that particular title run but what i read didnt make me want to switch smackdown on. I was comparing what i knew about the last WHC run to the old school Kane and for me it pails in comparison regardless if he was the focal point of a very last luster smackdown roster.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

All i can remember about Kane off the top of my head in the last couple of years bar the WHC run is him shrieking 'show are u ok' and 'show' over and over agin after ric rod ran big show over

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sat 07 Jan 2012, 8:40 pm

MtotheC wrote:
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:Well obviously I didn't watch WWE in the '90s, but based on what I've seen of him while I've been watching it, he seems a pretty boring character. While the promos in his feud with Taker last year were decent, the matches were terrible.

Bloscar, Bloscar, Bloscar, Bloscar (disappointed tone of voice)!!!! You need to get yourself some old school RAW is WAR dvd's, old school masked Kane was awesome, his debut and the story around it was epic and the subsequent matches and feud with taker was legendary! seriously buy the dvd's or get yourself on youtube.

But your summary of kanes recent performances is bang on, he hasnt been relevant for a long time now even during his mitb win and whc run he wasnt used correctly, however since his return ive been transported back to attitude era kane, he should be used as a deranged monster and im so glad to see him back masked and running around like a madman! With the mask and hair he has that aura of mosterness (i just made that word up, i like it and im sticking with it) and thats exactly how he should be used and portrayed.

Begs the question though, if Kane was so good with the mask, why did creative take it off him in the first place?

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 07 Jan 2012, 9:10 pm

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:
MtotheC wrote:

Begs the question though, if Kane was so good with the mask, why did creative take it off him in the first place?

Creative don't always do the best thing.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Sat 07 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

i thought it was glenn himself who wanted rid?

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:42 pm

Kane for me had went pretty much as far as he could go and taking the mask off I believe was the right thing to do, they could open his character up and branch it off into a lot of different directions using the psychological aspect of what the mask actually hid, however the lost interest with Kane and gave him so many face/heel turns that I think people just didn't want to invest any time or emotion into him because it became apparent the WWE wouldn't stick with him long enough, it's moved full circle again, I'm glad Kanes got the mask again but not because it makes him suddenly better but because they could hopefully delve into the spychological aspect of his character and why the need to mask himself from people again

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Sun 08 Jan 2012, 8:23 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM wrote:
MtotheC wrote:

Creative don't always do the best thing.

Trust me, I'm well aware of that, but as fully-paid proffessional writers, why did it take them 6 years to realise his character had become boring without the mask?

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down