The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011

+16
dynamark
JAS
PoultersWig
jockneyboy
Doon the Water
navyblueshorts
Shotrock
djlovesyou
oldparwin
LadyPutt
ScottieD18
John Cregan
kwinigolfer
super_realist
McLaren
princedracula
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011 - Page 2 Empty Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011

Post by princedracula Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Golf Digest published this list with the top 20 golf earners in 2011 and just put it all together in a table (figures are in $).

Spoiler:
All the talk these days is about the golf game being dominated by new young players, but the bottom line shows that it's still very much an 'old boys' game... Expect people like Rory, Simpson, DJ and others to climb on that table next year if they have another strong 2012 season. Unfortunately, expect also NOT to see Padraig in that top 20 table next year, as news broke a few days ago that his $10 million sponsorship deal with FTI hasn't been renewed...

And if you're curious, the 'total of the totals' for those 20 chaps stands at approx. $388.5 millions!
Recession? What recession...?

princedracula

Back to top Go down

Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011

Post by super_realist Thu 12 Jan 2012, 11:10 am

Even though he's about 110, I bet he's still fitter than Shane Lowry.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011 - Page 2 Empty Re: Cha Ching! Golf's Top Earners in 2011

Post by lorus59 Thu 12 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

I don't think there was ever a more dedicated golfer than Gary Player. He was in the gym working out before Tiger Woods was born. He made the most of any talent he had. Also it can't have been easy coming from an apartheid South Africa.

lorus59

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Thu 12 Jan 2012, 6:06 pm

Lorus,

As you say, Player's dedication and commitment to a fit and healthy lifestyle is legendary. It's interesting that few golfers at the time followed him though. In comparison, many golfers have followed Tiger's fitness mantra. Makes you wonder how fit he really must be to have kept all those women on the go at the same time!

Incidentally, why do you think it was hard for Player coming from apartheid South Africa?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Thu 12 Jan 2012, 6:57 pm

I met up with him a few times in my life.
He was driven by self improvement.
I first remember him in 1959 and 1966. Met up again in 1978 where he was an hon. member of my club.
He lost a good five years of his top form by tieing into a 5 year contract with Shakespere to play fibre glass shafts. He bought himself out eary but I always felt that he could have done more.
He was also the meat in the sandwich when South Africa was boycotted by the rest of the world [apart from Maggie Thatcher's Britian!!]

His comeback in the World matchplay against the talented Tony Lema when he came back from 7 down with 9 to play [I think] was a better win than Faldo's against Norman.
Not a great natural golfer, my uncle had to teach him how to get out of deeply revetted bunkers, but definately gave himself every chance, if he had been born American he may have beaten Jack's record.

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2