The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leamy ruled out for 4 Months!!

+2
rawa86
red_stag
6 posters

Go down

Leamy ruled out for 4 Months!! Empty Leamy ruled out for 4 Months!!

Post by red_stag Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:29 am

Oh for gods sake. ANOTHER long term injury to a Munster player. With Felix Jones, Jerry Flannery, David Wallace, Doug Howlett as long term injuries and Keith Earls just back after his lay off, Denis Leamy is the latest player to be crocked.

Munster back-row Denis Leamy will miss Ireland's entire Six Nations campaign due to a long standing hip injury. It seems we really can't catch a break especially when we consider that Niall Ronan and Tommy O'Donnell both got injured against Treviso on Saturday, the latter being out of action for 6 weeks.

Munster have a fairly serious injury list at the moment and one only hopes that they can continue to get by until these guys return. I suspect we are likely to see a backrow of Donnacha Ryan, Peter O'Mahony and James Coughlan against Castres.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Leamy ruled out for 4 Months!! Empty Re: Leamy ruled out for 4 Months!!

Post by rawa86 Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:45 am

Ya the cubard is really getting bare now. Although i do like the look of that backrow. Donnacha O'C to start again with two from MOD/Nagle/Holland on the bench?

On the other hand. We do have tom o'leary, who as we all know is like having an extra backrower. thumbsup

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

rawa86 wrote:On the other hand. We do have tom o'leary, who as we all know is like having an extra backrower. thumbsup

Wheres the sarcastic happiness emoticon!!! Yahoo

I suspect Mick O'Driscoll and Billy Holland on the bench unless Niall Ronan is fit to play.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Right Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:53 am

Yeah. Any more injuries and Axel will be coming out of retirement!!! Looks like they're confident of Ronan being ok for the HC though.

Red Right

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

red_stag wrote: I suspect we are likely to see a backrow of Donnacha Ryan, Peter O'Mahony and James Coughlan against Castres.

Thats not a bad back row by any standards.

Bad luck for Leamy and Munster but to be honest Leamy isn't up to much these days anyway.

I think its time you guys sacked a few physios down there.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:14 am

Ryan, Coughlan and O’Mahony is still a good backrow in fairness. It’s very bad luck to add another name to the long term injury list though.

Any word on when Wallace will be back?

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:15 am

roddersm wrote:
red_stag wrote: I suspect we are likely to see a backrow of Donnacha Ryan, Peter O'Mahony and James Coughlan against Castres.

Thats not a bad back row by any standards.

Bad luck for Leamy and Munster but to be honest Leamy isn't up to much these days anyway.

I think its time you guys sacked a few physios down there.

Yea its not a bad backrow but Denis Leamy, Niall Ronan, David Wallace are three losses.

Leamy is actually a great 30 minute man. I thought he played vital roles in our wins against Castres and Northampton when he brought much needed energy in second half.

Agree physios need to be looked at badly. We have massive injury problems in Munster. Recurring injuries to Jerry Flannery, Darragh Hurley, Felix Jones then we had O'Leary and O'Connells injuries that dragged on most of last season. Barry Murphy was walking injury also.

I'm not sure how they are being rehabbed.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

Mickado wrote:Ryan, Coughlan and O’Mahony is still a good backrow in fairness. It’s very bad luck to add another name to the long term injury list though.

Any word on when Wallace will be back?

I had heard March
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:50 am

Munster have done a fantastic job this season,I though you'd find things much tougher in the HC even without the injury problems.When you factor them in then Munster deserve huge credit for how they've managed to dog out the wins.

I suppose the only thing to be grateful for is that the injuries have been relatively well spread out over a number of positions and that Botha has managed to stay fit.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Mon 09 Jan 2012, 10:56 am

That's the thing Munster have done exceptionally well and if they can hang in there in the league and HEC then the they will be very serious contenders in both once they get guys like Wallace and Felix jones back.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down