The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out if contract osprey players any takers?

+8
Mickado
bedfordwelsh
Shifty
Kingshu
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
munkian
bigballbag
Rugby10
12 posters

Go down

Out if contract osprey players any takers? Empty Out if contract osprey players any takers?

Post by Rugby10 Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:58 pm

Barry Davies
Richard Fussell
Nikki Walker
Huw Bennett
Cai Griffiths
Sonny Parker
Tom Smith
Chancey Otoole
Ken Dowding

Rugby10

Back to top Go down

Out if contract osprey players any takers? Empty Re: Out if contract osprey players any takers?

Post by bigballbag Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Possibly Banwen reserves?

Bennett should goto France and take the cash. Walker should play in Scotland to get more caps he is class. Barry the boot is proving rather useful this season though.

bigballbag

Back to top Go down

Out if contract osprey players any takers? Empty Re: Out if contract osprey players any takers?

Post by Rugby10 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:45 pm

Banwen reserves they struggling to field a 1st team !!

Rugby10

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Hmmm, we need some prop forwards , a decent new lock , a decent scrum half . Will swap you um...Ben Castle, Wayne Evans and a slightly damaged Tom Willis
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:46 pm

Sounds like Wales is ready for that 5th region - get Hook, Byrne and Henson back, and they can be called the North Walian Oranges OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:50 pm

Scotland would only try and nick em
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Nah, we had Walker and he was gash OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:58 pm

At ulster we'll have bowe back in the summer, I think.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Kingshu wrote:At ulster we'll have bowe back in the summer, I think.
I think so too, the Ospreys need to let a lot of players go if they are to meet the £3.5M wage budget.
I can see a mass exodius of players leaving all the regions at the end of the season, France will be chucking dynamite in the channel tunnel at the amount of Welsh assylum seekers coming over there to find work in rugby!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:15 am

Munkian,

Evans is just out of form at the moment every player has dips, I would keep him and hope he regains it.

Not a big Griffiths fan but can't be worse than what we currently have and with exteneded game time who knows.

Don't need Fussell back he went there cos thought we weren't good enough for him so he can stick it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:23 am

Is Tommy Bowe's contract not up at the end of this season too? We'll take him off your hands...

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:27 am

I know Evans was good , I'm annoyed we keep playing him out of form though
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:38 am

Mickado wrote:Is Tommy Bowe's contract not up at the end of this season too? We'll take him off your hands...

Feck off he's ours!.... steam
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 am

Tommy's contract is up but there is an extra year extension option.

No idea what the triggers are for that extension for the player or the club though

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am

Munkian,

At the moment though our only other option is Bedford and I would rather an out of form Evans than him.

Form will come back but only if you had it in first place.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:35 am

True. If he pulls his finger out hopefully our backs will start firing again
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingshu Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:40 am

Mickado wrote:Is Tommy Bowe's contract not up at the end of this season too? We'll take him off your hands...

Sorry Mickado, I got there first and baggsied him, (thats how rugby transfers work).

Will Ospreys wings be experienced enough by the end of this season for H-cup next year without Bowe and Williams?

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:42 am

Kingshu wrote:

Sorry Mickado, I got there first and baggsied him, (thats how rugby transfers work).

I see that now. not even a double stamp no erasies’s can undo a baggsie. Dammit, rookie error.
You win this round…

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby10 Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:01 am

Williams is with the o's till 2013 same a bowe so both got another season left by then dirksen , e.walker, phillips, prydie and one who could leap ftog over all of them luke morgan will all be more experienced and ready

Rugby10

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:30 am

I doubt Phillips or Walker will be ready. Every single game i've seen them play for the Ospreys they've looked out of their depth. Prydie i hope can really kick on now and grow into that fullback role for us. Can't see it happening soon but one for the future nonetheless. Dirksen on the other hand is coming a long very nicely and i'd like to see him start some more.

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:49 am

Barry Davies - yes please, for the Scarlets.
Richard Fussell - ditto
Nikki Walker - No
Huw Bennett - No
Cai Griffiths - No
Sonny Parker - No
Tom Smith - No
Chancey Otoole - That's a made up name right?
Ken Dowding - No.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down