The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park

5 posters

Go down

Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park Empty Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park

Post by Artful_Dodger Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:01 am

New Cardiff Blues chief executive Richard Holland has dismissed the idea of leaving Cardiff City Stadium to return to play at Cardiff Arms Park.

In December joint head coach Gareth Baber suggested the Blues could make the move back to the city centre to combat falling attendances.

But Holland said: "My brief is to make it work at the Cardiff City Stadium, full stop."

The ex-Chepstow Racecourse boss hopes to attract new and stay-away fans.

Dedicated valleys fans of clubs such as Pontypridd, whose top-flight status ended in the wake of the launch of the nation's regions in 2003, have not warmed to the Blues.

And when the team switched from the traditional Arms Park home of Cardiff rugby, some diehard fans also turned their backs on the region.

Holland now hopes to persuade the rugby "critics" of Cardiff City Stadium to give the venue a chance.

more here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/16499151.stm

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park Empty Re: Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:25 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:

Dedicated valleys fans of clubs such as Pontypridd, whose top-flight status ended in the wake of the launch of the nation's regions in 2003, have not warmed to the Blues.

And when the team switched from the traditional Arms Park home of Cardiff rugby, some diehard fans also turned their backs on the region.

Cardiff Blues knew full well that more supporters would walk away when they moved to CCS. Some already had which is all part of the sad story which I won't go into. They also knew supporters of other clubs were not buying the regional spin as they never had done from day one.
However, a few at Cardiff Blues supposedly believed that they would be able to attract new support, but have clearly failed in that respect. Strangely though, the chairman was bragging that attendances were up not that many months ago which is a bit odd. Or is it?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park Empty Re: Blues Chief Executive Richard Holland dismisses a move back to the Arms Park

Post by Eclipse Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

There's a simple answer to the crowds. reduce the tickets to affordable prices. More people in the ground will improve the atmosphere. It's not rocket science. I've only been 3 times this season as £22 to sit in a soulless stadium is too much for my pocket in my current financial position. 18 of us went in for the Leinster game and I asked if anyone fancied the Racing Metro game and to a man they all said not for £22. We all used to go the CAP most games and pay £12 to stand on the terrace. If there's no chance of us going back there then they have to sort out the pricing to get more people coming through the turnstiles.

Eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 11 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

Eclipse wrote:There's a simple answer to the crowds. reduce the tickets to affordable prices. More people in the ground will improve the atmosphere. It's not rocket science. I've only been 3 times this season as £22 to sit in a soulless stadium is too much for my pocket in my current financial position. 18 of us went in for the Leinster game and I asked if anyone fancied the Racing Metro game and to a man they all said not for £22. We all used to go the CAP most games and pay £12 to stand on the terrace. If there's no chance of us going back there then they have to sort out the pricing to get more people coming through the turnstiles.

Send an email with your ideas to the Sales and Marketing Director, Tina Tew. You should get a reply. See what they have to say.
tina.tew@cardiffblues.com <tina.tew@cardiffblues.com>

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Dedicated valleys fans of clubs such as Pontypridd, whose top-flight status ended in the wake of the launch of the nation's regions in 2003, have not warmed to the Blues.

Understatement of the year there! Next time I'm up ponty drinking with some of my mates I'll have to ask them if 'not warmed to' adequately covers their feelings about the Cardiff Blues

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by geoff998rugby Wed 11 Jan 2012, 3:42 pm

Are you suggesting their response might be slightly more colourful than

'not warmed to' Very Happy

geoff998rugby

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 11 Jan 2012, 4:00 pm

me?!?

I didn't insinuate anything and I'm sure that I'd recieve only warm and polite responses from the Ponty crew ...

Laugh

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down