The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV Recomendation

Go down

TV Recomendation Empty TV Recomendation

Post by B91212 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 5:12 pm

I wasn’t sure whether to post this topic here or in the Joypad section as that’s where the majority of the gamers hang out. I’ll try here and hope it gets seen.

I’m looking for advise for buying a new tv that will primarily be used for gaming. I currently use a Samsung 46” LED but this is in the family room upstairs and where we mainly watch tv and movies. This leads to inevitable clashes (such as last night) where the Mrs was watching Chopped (again Rolling Eyes ) on the Food Network and I ended up wasting time on the laptop whilst I could have been relieving the stress of the day by pretending to shot people in warfare or something else as equally productive. On top of watching plenty of rubbish she plays the wii in there as well so the problem isn’t going to go away any time soon.

The new gaming tv will be for the basement. This room is 15’x 14’ so it can take a larger unit. Currently down there is just an older 32” LCD 720i which is both too small for the room and crap picture quality for games. The room itself is pretty dark even during the day and with the Mrs being a shift worker I will be able to make plenty of noise at all times. We also have a 40” LCD on the main level of the house which is okay for gaming but not great but there is no space for a console there anyway.

I have a 360 at present although may change to the PS4 when they come out next year. For the last couple of years I’ve not really bothered too much with online gaming but I’m planning on going back to it in the near future so lag is a major concern. Not really thought about 3D gaming (or tv) because I have to wear glasses for watching tv/gaming and wearing another pair over the top is a pain. I do however realise that games are probably going this way in the near future.

There is some gym and exercise equipment in the basement so some tv will be watched in there, mainly sports by me whilst working out. I don’t want to spend silly money if I can help it and I’m open to having a larger plasma if it will do what I need. There does seem to be some good deals on Plasma’s over here at the moment but there is usually a reason why things like this get cheaper.

I’m not a particularly techie guy so any suggestions, recommendations and advise for things to look out for will be greatly appreciated. I checked out reviews online but they seem to contradict each other and suggest certain brands as opposed to exact models and specs.

Any thoughts?

B91212

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum