The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Tindall in the news again!

+12
Shifty
robbo277
HERSH
mckay1402
KickAndChase
munkian
flankertye
Comfort
miteyironpaw
beshocked
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Adam D
16 posters

Go down

Mike Tindall in the news again! Empty Mike Tindall in the news again!

Post by Adam D Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:10 am

Well not quite - how about this for some sensationalist headline and non story!

Dwarf blames Mike Tindall for inspiring attack
A dwarf actor has accused Mike Tindall of inspiring a thug to toss him on to the ground outside a pub, leaving him partly paralysed.

Martin Henderson, who appeared in the Harry Potter films, faces having to use a wheelchair after a stranger picked him up and threw him on to the pavement during a night out.

The assault happened during last year’s Rugby World Cup, weeks after Tindall, the England centre and husband of Zara Phillips, was alleged to have attended a “dwarf tossing contest” with team-mates at a bar in New Zealand.

Mr Henderson, 37, believes his attacker, who has not been tracked down by police, may have got the idea from Tindall.
“An incident like this was just waiting to happen,” he said. “People see stars like Tindall doing it and they think that it is acceptable.
“I believe that could have been why it happened to me – the bloke probably thought it was really funny.”

Mr Henderson was celebrating his birthday with friends on Oct 7 when he was attacked outside the White Horse pub in Wincanton, Somerset.
Having landed badly, his back and legs began to feel numb and he was taken to hospital for treatment. A scan revealed tissue damage to his back and he has been unable to walk properly since.

Mr Henderson, who also suffers from spinal stenosis, has undergone a course of physiotherapy and treatment but now has to use a crutch to walk.
Doctors have told the actor, of Milborne Port, Somerset, that he may be wheelchair-bound for the rest of his life.
He recently broke his wrist in a fall after his legs gave way while trying to walk.

Police have appealed for help in tracing the attacker, described as around 5ft 8in, slim build with dark hair and wearing a hooded top and baseball cap. Mr Henderson, who played a goblin alongside Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone and The Prisoner of Azkaban, said he had gone outside for a cigarette when the attack happened.
He added: “He did not say a word to me when he did it. He just came from behind me and picked me up. The next thing I knew I was just going through the air. I landed with a bump on the floor, turned around, but he had disappeared.

“It all happened so quickly – I think he was with a group of mates and they thought it would be a laugh.
“I was furious. I said a lot of swear words but could not confront him as he had left.

“I guess I was an easy target and the only reason I was picked on was because I am small.”

The incident happened about a month after England players visited the Altitude Bar which hosted the Mad Midget Weekender following their first match victory against Argentina during their unsuccessful World Cup campaign.

Bar staff denied that any dwarf throwing was involved on the night, which also saw Tindall caught on camera kissing a former girlfriend.
Mr Henderson, who fears his condition will ruin his career, added: “The whole [England] team should be made to apologise for what they have done.
“I think until someone steps out and says 'this is not acceptable’, all dwarfs are under threat.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9010245/Dwarf-blames-Mike-Tindall-for-inspiring-attack.html

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Mike Tindall in the news again! Empty Re: Mike Tindall in the news again!

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:15 am

Thats not the same goblin who got caught wonking on the train recently is it?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Mike Tindall in the news again! Empty Dwarf tossing saga is not over.

Post by beshocked Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:43 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9010245/Dwarf-blames-Mike-Tindall-for-inspiring-attack.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9009559/Dwarf-left-paralysed-after-being-thrown-by-drunken-Rugby-fan.html

Dwarf injured after drunk copies the England rugby team's dwarf throwing antics.

It's pretty important. Jeremy Vine will be discussing it on Radio 2 this lunchtime.

Not good the image of rugby in my opinion.

What do you think?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:46 am

Beshocked - going to merge this with an article already coverng - https://www.606v2.com/t21806-mike-tindall-in-the-news-again

OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:46 am

"Dwarf blames Mike Tindall for inspiring attack"

It would be the first time Tindall has inspired an attack. Wink
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:48 am

miteyironpaw wrote:"Dwarf blames Mike Tindall for inspiring attack"

Laugh clap

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:53 am

miteyironpaw wrote:"Dwarf blames Mike Tindall for inspiring attack"

notworthy

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:00 pm

laughing

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:35 pm

Dwarf talking on radio 2 now on the incident.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:46 pm

surely they cant actually blame Mike Tindall for a drunk guy in Somerset thinking it'd be funny to toss a dwarf?

and if anything, blame the journalism/media protrayal and sense of public frenzy.

ive gotta say, for what actually happened at the wrold cup, the english guys have taken way more a bashing than they deserved.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Comfort everyone knows that the English media are ruthless and happy to bash their own countryman for a good story. They should have been wary of what they are capable of.

A certain level of professionalism is required when sportsman are in the public eye.

It was likely that the whole dwarf tossing incident was blown hugely out of proportion but the English management put themselves in the position to be bashed.

Also this wasn't the only incident - Manu Tuilagi foolishly jumping off a ferry was not provoked by the media. Maybe a media man nudged him but I didn't hear that. Also the woman in the hotel was simply another silly incident.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:01 pm

Comfort wrote:surely they cant actually blame Mike Tindall for a drunk guy in Somerset thinking it'd be funny to toss a dwarf?

and if anything, blame the journalism/media protrayal and sense of public frenzy.

ive gotta say, for what actually happened at the wrold cup, the english guys have taken way more a bashing than they deserved.

Youd think. Its not even as if he invented dwarf tossing or that this hoody yob probably even knows who he is ( obviously a soccer fan)
Maybe he watched Lord of teh Rings, or maybe he just saw the guy and thought it would be really funny to throw him...cos lets face it we all wouldve thought it hilarious had we seen it.
The worst of this is that Tindall didnt even take part in any dwarf tossing and noone has ever even claimed to have seen him do it, so for this guy to bleat " “People see stars like Tindall doing it and they think that it is acceptable." is grossly unfair. I can undertand hes upset but to accusse Tindall over this, and drag up all that rubbuish that ended his career the wrong way, is quite wrong and he should apologise. I find it disturbing that the papers havent even bothered to correct this error with a footnote to the guys comments, seems they are quite happy that their misleading healdines can destroy a guys repuattion then its OK to spread falsehoods based on them.

No Doubt Lee Mears will be fronting the RFUs anti dwarf tossing campagn.

Heres what the politicians have to say about it

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2011-10-07/dwarfs-better-off-tossed-than-jobless-florida-republican-says.html

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:03 pm

beshocked wrote: Also the woman in the hotel was simply another silly incident.

But again nothing like what it was reported as, especially Haskells role in it.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:10 pm

im 22, when i was 20, i jumped off a lot of things more stupid than a ferry.

although i wasnt professional sportsmen representing my country, and as you rightly say they do have to keep up appearances so to speak.

but its all a bit rich, maybe Tindall should take him to court for defamation of character? Enough incorrect statements in that article alone for a reasonable case!

Haskell was reported to be a naughty person in waiting by the media.
Tuilagi made out to be some kind of unhinged mad man who could have killed hundreds.
Tindall an adultering-midget-throwing-alcoholic.

Anyway, shouldnt this little guy be blaming the programme "Life's too short" which has been produced and lauded over specifically because its about a midget, playing on the fact he is a midget, with midget-related jokes.

no, you're probably right, its Tindall's fault.

Erm

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by flankertye Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:26 pm

In fairness you guys do realise dwarf tossing is a part time, the important thing is the dwarfs agree to do it. Its money for them at the end of the day, using their attributes to earn a living.
Of course picking a dwarf up randomly and hurling him to the floor is assult.

flankertye

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 pm

True peter seabiscuit wheeler but Haskell and Ashton should have never got themselves in that position in the first place.

Comfort I actually thought it was an insult to all the England fans who paid to watch their side in a rugby world cup. Manu Tuilagi is meant to be a professional rugby player and role model. Acting like a petulant fool after England performed so badly in the world cup was just another unwanted story.

I do agree it's a bit harsh to blame it on Tindall but Tindall opened himself up to accusations by not being professional.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:19 pm

beshocked wrote:True peter seabiscuit wheeler but Haskell and Ashton should have never got themselves in that position in the first place.

Comfort I actually thought it was an insult to all the England fans who paid to watch their side in a rugby world cup. Manu Tuilagi is meant to be a professional rugby player and role model. Acting like a petulant fool after England performed so badly in the world cup was just another unwanted story.

I do agree it's a bit harsh to blame it on Tindall but Tindall opened himself up to accusations by not being professional.

From what I understand all Haskell did was have a shower then go back into the room to see what the noise was about. Admitedly if he didnt wash or had refussed to stay in teh room allocated to him this may not have happened but all the same its pushing the boat out
Im not sure how having a laugh and jumping off a boat is petulant. Kicking up a huge strop and blaming the refs for your exit form the cup would be petulant. Ill advised yes, but its funny how of all of them the one who has himslef entirely to blame hes the one who copped the least heat.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:34 pm

Popped outside for a cigarette ? Doesn't he know they stunt your growth ?
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:46 pm

Firstly, that story is very sad. I feel very sorry for the dwarf.

What's all this about Manu jumping off a boat? Unless he was blind drunk and shouting expletives all at the same time I honestly don't see how jumping off a boat is a bad thing - some international teams go jumping off cliffs for team bonding.

This is entirely the media's fault - the initial accusations of the dwarf tossing (as far as I know, no one has been able to surface anything beyond Tindall going out for a few drinks) right up to allowing this story to be printed at all without, as sea biscuit points out, even any footnotes about what evidence even is.

I don't see why everyone was so disappointed with England during the world cup; they lost to the team that very nearly won the thing against the home team in the final. France didn't really care about the Tonga match (can you blame them - it made not an ounce of difference) probably cared more about injuries, and yes had a bad game against Wales. You gotta remember that the World Cup is a knock out tournament - you can't perform perfectly throughout, you have to save yourself for the right moments, that's what makes the champions and the second placers (England 2007) etc ... so England being knocked out by France, not that much of a biggie if you ask me.

I'm Scottish and I think Scotland and AR's management of the team in the Argentina match (automatic subs at 60 minutes) which was the biggest contributor to our knock out should get more flak than this Tindall incident.

Sincerely,
Some Rambler.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 pm

agree with the rambler! Hug

(although, france only actually qualified from the pool because canada beat tonga, had that game gone a score the other way, France would have been out at the pool stages - thats just nitpicking his post though!)

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:53 pm

this actually really annoys me. The man was on the radio earlier and the bloke who did it came up behind him, never said a word, picked him up and dropped him. By the time the diminutive chap had got up and dusted himself down the perpetrator had disappeared. How on earth can he blame mike tindall for that? He might be really annoying and it was someone taking it out on him. I'm not mike tindalls biggest fan but this has really got on my nerves. peter allen was even struggling with it...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:40 am

Maybe it was inspired by 'Lifes too Short'?
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:36 am

Comfort wrote:agree with the rambler! Hug

(although, france only actually qualified from the pool because canada beat tonga, had that game gone a score the other way, France would have been out at the pool stages - thats just nitpicking his post though!)

Canada had already played and beat Tonga though, it wasn't like France were left sweating on the result of that game. Tonga had to beat France, taking 5 match-points to France's 0 to qualify, and that was never in danger during the match.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:38 pm

What a crock of shít... Dwarf throwing was inspired in Lord of the Rings, not Mike Tindall, the little short arse paralized or not is seeking attention and using Tindall to do it. steam
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:48 pm

A bit harsh to blame the victim Alyn don't you think?. It's impossible for us to know whether words were put into his mouth by the controversy hungry media, or perhaps taken out of context to provide the necessary controverial slant. Perhaps the guy genuinely was "inspired" in some way by what he'd heard, whether that makes Tindall directly culpable is another matter.

Personally I'm a bit tired of the culture of blamelessness that seems to be popular these days. Whatever the circumstances, the person who has committed this assault is entirely to blame for their own actions as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure there are many positive attributes to MT's character that members of the public could be inspired by.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:41 pm

So Tindall entered a contest to throw a dwarf, and it's now Tindalls fault someone got paralyzed in an incident Tindall wasnt involved in? Headscratch

Yet Aragorn launches Gimli off a cliff edge onto a Port cullis bridge to whack Orcs in Two Towers in 2002 and he is blameless? Rolling Eyes

Totally stupid.. it's like saying because I once drove a car, then the next person who gets killed in a traffic accident in India is on my conscience.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:06 pm

AlynDavies wrote:So Tindall entered a contest to throw a dwarf, and it's now Tindalls fault someone got paralyzed in an incident Tindall wasnt involved in? Headscratch

Yet Aragorn launches Gimli off a cliff edge onto a Port cullis bridge to whack Orcs in Two Towers in 2002 and he is blameless? Rolling Eyes

Totally stupid.. it's like saying because I once drove a car, then the next person who gets killed in a traffic accident in India is on my conscience.

Laugh notworthy clap

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:17 pm

AlynDavies wrote:Yet Aragorn launches Gimli off a cliff edge onto a Port cullis bridge to whack Orcs in Two Towers in 2002 and he is blameless? Rolling Eyes
To be fair, Gimli did ask to be tossed rather than Aragorn just grabbing him Very Happy

He even said "Don't tell the elf (and safety inspector)"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Knackeredknees Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:55 pm

beshocked wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9010245/Dwarf-blames-Mike-Tindall-for-inspiring-attack.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9009559/Dwarf-left-paralysed-after-being-thrown-by-drunken-Rugby-fan.html

Dwarf injured after drunk copies the England rugby team's dwarf throwing antics.

It's pretty important. Jeremy Vine will be discussing it on Radio 2 this lunchtime.

Not good the image of rugby in my opinion.

What do you think?

Whats got me is the tellagraffe's headline "drunken Rugby fan" well as know one knows who did it, how do they know this snippet of information?

Also Dwarf tossing has been in many tv shows and music videos = see "wee-man" in jackass

Doubt the person who did this even knows who Mike Tindall is, and one report has him walking in pain, and another has him paralysed?

lazy journalism and i think a bit of self publishing now the HP films have finished

Knackeredknees

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:39 am

Thing is, the media is like your attention seeking friend who will do anything to be talked about even when not in your company. Until people see headlines like this and literally just turn away without mentioning it, the media will keep churning it out ... unfortunately it's working for them.

Insecurity is a funny thing.

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:22 pm

hold on a minute, wasn't it proven that there was no dwarf throwing? It was the media making it up, so shouldn't the dwarf be blaming the media?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Comfort Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:42 pm

and how the hell do they know the guy (as no-one knows who it was) was a rugby fan? KK was right!

it annoys me that some journalists get paid to do what they do for a living.

Comfort

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:23 pm

SafeAsMilk wrote:To be fair, Gimli did ask to be tossed rather than Aragorn just grabbing him Very Happy

He even said "Don't tell the elf (and safety inspector)"...

Was this in the XXX-rated version?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:31 pm

HERSH wrote:Maybe it was inspired by 'Lifes too Short'?

Its the midget in that whos the naughty naughty boy though

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Next they´ll be blaming Tuilagi for the cruise ship sinking in Italy.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by KickAndChase Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:05 pm

kiakahaaotearoa wrote:Next they´ll be blaming Tuilagi for the cruise ship sinking in Italy.

OK Laugh clap laughing

KickAndChase

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down