The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone interested?

+2
bogbrush
Tenez
6 posters

Go down

Anyone interested?  Empty Anyone interested?

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:08 am

Can anyone please translate in Spanish? Maybe it'd make more sense.

For what I understand Nadal is fine...Ouch I was worried for a moment.

What did Nadal have to say following his "positively clinical 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 victory over Alex Kuznetsov in late afternoon sunshine at Melbourne Park..."?

Australian Open: Monday, 16 January, 2012

Q. Was it perhaps because of the weather that you felt you needed a bit more strapping on your leg, extra protection?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, that's not the reason, no? I gonna do because I think, you know, doing this band there, I don't want to create mystery or nothing. I gonna say what happened.

I had a fantastic week of practice with nothing of pain, no one bad feeling on the knee and no one place on my body. So I was really, really happy with everything.

But yesterday afternoon happened the more strange thing ever happen to me. I was sitting on a chair in the hotel. I felt like a crack on the knee, but is nothing really strange. Happens lot of time with articulation, movement, articulation. Nothing strange.

I stand up. I felt the knee a little bit strange. I moved the leg like this two times to try to find the feeling. After the second time, the knee stays with an unbelievable pain completely straight. I really couldn't move the knee like this (indicating just a little bit). I have no movement on the knee.

I have a hard afternoon. I did all the tests. Came here for ultrasound. Went to hospital for MRI. I just can say thank you very much to the tournament for all the facilities give to me on a Sunday. Not easy to find places, and they make fantastic work for me. So I just can say thanks to them.

And, seriously, yesterday during the evening I wasn't hundred percent sure I would have chance to play, because with the movement of that knee I felt that I will not be able to play.

I did a lot of treatment. The MRI was positive. Nothing wrong shows the MRI. So that's always a lot of calm. But still the knee, you know, with the pain.

Finally what happened is with the movement, articulation, probably pinch maybe the tendon little bit or something that put the tendon completely straight.

That's why yesterday we did a lot of work during the evening. At the end of the night with a lot of pain, but I finally really had the full movement of the knee. I wake up today morning with a little bit better feeling. I did all the treatment. I was all the day doing the treatment.

I started the match with a little bit of scare at the beginning, and nervous because I was really disappointed yesterday. But, you know, after the first 10 games that was scare, I started to play with normal conditions.

The best thing is I felt the knee very well. So is something that I really don't understand why happened everything, but I am really happy that today I was ready to play and I played a fantastic match.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Anyone interested?  Empty Re: Anyone interested?

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:14 am

Odd. It's not like him to have this sort of presser is it?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:15 am

Cahill talked about a larger-than-usual bandage and gave a very similar explanation. Cool

Edit: The worrying trend is an MRI at W, now AO.

Last edited by laverfan on Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 am

Yep. "Huge pain, bandage, MRI, ultra-sound...." you name it. But again, it's his opponent that folds physically first losing 61 61 after a small fight in the first set.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:25 am

brave guy, everytime he's out on court he's always having to be nervous about whether his body will give up on him.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:37 am

I know what's like to hurt yourself sitting down. Never underestimate the harzards of sitting down.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 am

laverfan wrote:Cahill talked about a larger-than-usual bandage and gave a very similar explanation. Cool

Edit: The worrying trend is an MRI at W, now AO.

I know, the concern for the smaller events is whether they can afford to have an MRI etc. etc. on hand.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:39 am

Tenez wrote:Can anyone please translate in Spanish? Maybe it'd make more sense.

For what I understand Nadal is fine...Ouch I was worried for a moment.

What did Nadal have to say following his "positively clinical 6-4, 6-1, 6-1 victory over Alex Kuznetsov in late afternoon sunshine at Melbourne Park..."?

Australian Open: Monday, 16 January, 2012

Q. Was it perhaps because of the weather that you felt you needed a bit more strapping on your leg, extra protection?

RAFAEL NADAL: No, that's not the reason, no? I gonna do because I think, you know, doing this band there, I don't want to create mystery or nothing. I gonna say what happened.

I had a fantastic week of practice with nothing of pain, no one bad feeling on the knee and no one place on my body. So I was really, really happy with everything.

But yesterday afternoon happened the more strange thing ever happen to me. I was sitting on a chair in the hotel. I felt like a crack on the knee, but is nothing really strange. Happens lot of time with articulation, movement, articulation. Nothing strange.

I stand up. I felt the knee a little bit strange. I moved the leg like this two times to try to find the feeling. After the second time, the knee stays with an unbelievable pain completely straight. I really couldn't move the knee like this (indicating just a little bit). I have no movement on the knee.

I have a hard afternoon. I did all the tests. Came here for ultrasound. Went to hospital for MRI. I just can say thank you very much to the tournament for all the facilities give to me on a Sunday. Not easy to find places, and they make fantastic work for me. So I just can say thanks to them.

And, seriously, yesterday during the evening I wasn't hundred percent sure I would have chance to play, because with the movement of that knee I felt that I will not be able to play.

I did a lot of treatment. The MRI was positive. Nothing wrong shows the MRI. So that's always a lot of calm. But still the knee, you know, with the pain.

Finally what happened is with the movement, articulation, probably pinch maybe the tendon little bit or something that put the tendon completely straight.

That's why yesterday we did a lot of work during the evening. At the end of the night with a lot of pain, but I finally really had the full movement of the knee. I wake up today morning with a little bit better feeling. I did all the treatment. I was all the day doing the treatment.

I started the match with a little bit of scare at the beginning, and nervous because I was really disappointed yesterday. But, you know, after the first 10 games that was scare, I started to play with normal conditions.

The best thing is I felt the knee very well. So is something that I really don't understand why happened everything, but I am really happy that today I was ready to play and I played a fantastic match.

Tenez

You want someone to translate this into Spanish? Sorry I can't do that but I think your English is pretty good. I will simplify it for you and you might understand it in English.

Nadal is saying that he has a problem with his knee. Thats why he had a support on it. He thought he might not be able to play and had tests and physio on it. In the end he did play and played well. Hopefully he is ok.

I hope that helps. If not I hope someone can do a Spanish translation for you.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:53 am

^^^^

Point well and truly missed.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:00 am

hawkeye wrote:

You want someone to translate this into Spanish? Sorry I can't do that but I think your English is pretty good. I will simplify it for you and you might understand it in English.

Nadal is saying that he has a problem with his knee. Thats why he had a support on it. He thought he might not be able to play and had tests and physio on it. In the end he did play and played well. Hopefully he is ok.

Thanks HE. Though I did not need to read it in English or Spanish to know that he was fine.

I know him pretty well. I have been following him for 7 years almost so he is a bit like my daughter to some extend...though she complains a bit less than him for sure.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 am

Tenez wrote:
hawkeye wrote:

Thanks HE. Though I did not need to read it in English or Spanish to know that he was fine.

I know him pretty well. I have been following him for 7 years almost so he is a bit like my daughter to some extend...though she complains a bit less than him for sure.

Ha ha! Maybe that explains a lot...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down