The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again

+2
Scottrf
themadworldofjb
6 posters

Go down

Does Froch deserve a big PPV card?

Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Vote_lcap93%Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Vote_rcap 93% 
[ 13 ]
Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Vote_lcap7%Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Empty Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:13 pm

Looks like Carl Froch wont be fighting Glen Johnson on Sky. Having thought a fight this big would be worthy of SBO's attention in May, it looks like the boxing offices have elected for Nathan Cleverly's fight with Braehmer and DeGale vs Groves.

These fights are good yes but they are by no means Box Office worthy. A good Saturday Fight Night will be perfect for these. Froch is worthy of a massive PPV card however and I now hopes he sees Hennessey for the promoter he is and follow in the footsteps of Murray and Barker and jump ship after the Super Six.

Sky are foolish not to show his fight with Johnson. Both are big names partaking in one of the biggest tournaments in World Boxing. How this doesn't merit a bog TV deal is still beyond me
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Empty Re: Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:15 pm

If Froch fights on 21st of May it will be on SBO alongside both those fights.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again Empty Re: Froch looks to be frozen out by Sky again

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:15 pm

The rumours I heard were they as Froch Johnson may be in the sates they were going to bundle the lot together, hope they do and would make sense because not sure Clev and Braemer and Degale Groves really justify a ppv fee on their own

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:16 pm

Just been on Sky Sports website and there is no mention of the Froch fight anywhere. Just the Clev fight and DeG vs G
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:16 pm

Because the Froch date hasn't been fixed yet.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:17 pm

Strange one

Any Froch fight is worthy of PPV just because he's constantly fighting the best, who has that must interest in Cleverly against an unknown fighter in Braehmer

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm

Jeff, told you Hennessy was a liability didn't I?

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:18 pm

Just checked Froch's schedule on Boxrec and it says he is indeed fighting Johnson on 21st May.

The fight hasnt been announced due to location as there isn't one given as of yet.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:20 pm

Boxrec is subject to change and isn't updated by boxing commissions. They aren't going to announce they are showing a fight without a venue, and without a venue it doesn't have a definite date.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:28 pm

Just read an article today on Boxingscene that states that Froch is getting annoyed at a lack of a venue
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 1:32 pm

Dave never argued otherwise just argued that I feel sorry that when a guy tries to do things the right way and matches his fighters in fights the fans want to see he is met with such ambivalence.

Pity is if Froch was with Warren defending the WBO belt against nobodies every six month at the Trent Arena he would get the full sky hype job and would not fight anyone worth watching until he had had the belt for five years. Nonsense really, Sky should be ashamed of themselves for their attitude towards Froch

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:06 pm

At this stage in his career I honestly believe that if Froch switched camps and went under the Warren banner he'd still be able to get the big fights with the likes of Johnson, Kessler, Ward, Dirrell and, should he so desire it, the winner of the LH match between Pascal and Hopkins or even the likes of Dawson and Cloud.

One would like to think that if Amir Khan went back to Warren, he wouldn't go back to fighting the Oisin Fagin's of this World...or am I being too soft on Frank?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:06 pm

At this stage in his career I honestly believe that if Froch switched camps and went under the Warren banner he'd still be able to get the big fights with the likes of Johnson, Kessler, Ward, Dirrell and, should he so desire it, the winner of the LH match between Pascal and Hopkins or even the likes of Dawson and Cloud.

One would like to think that if Amir Khan went back to Warren, he wouldn't go back to fighting the Oisin Fagin's of this World...or am I being too soft on Frank?

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:08 pm

The obligatory 'you can say that again'.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:10 pm

Say what again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:11 pm

Say what again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:13 pm

To be honest with you Dave I wonder with Warren now how he will operate, personally think the guys coming through have seen Hatton taking 30,000 over to Vegas and headlining the MGM, doing PPV on both sides of the pond and the days when they will be happy filling arenas in their home towns are probably long gone.

Think if he is going to want to keep hold og guys like Degale and Gavin he is going to have to deliver for them and not be afraid to take them overseas. That said you don't stay on top in the business for 30 years without being able to adjust your business model so wouldn't put him past him to change his way of operating

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:17 pm

For all the accusations you can level at Warren, being stupid when it comes to business ISN'T one of them.

Evolve or die, survival of the fittest and all that. Warren should be astute enough to realise that he will need to stay one step ahead. My concern is that in the current financial climate, will Warren be able to guarantee the big purses his top guys will undoubtedly demand and crave?

James DeGale may want the big bucks but if people are going to be more austere in their spending then he might end up being disappointed.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 2:50 pm

SKY and Warren are too close to let Froch in......

Shame that the most talented Brit in the country is earning less money than most of the chaff and getting less exposure..

In fairness though the guy is loyal..and fairplay.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:13 pm

Froch Johnson is in America so it will be in the night.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:23 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Froch Johnson is in America so it will be in the night.
Congratulations dear boy...however, Hatton/Floyd and Hatton/Manny were also on "at night-time" but they were also on Sky Box Office.

What's being asked here is whether or not Sky intend to show Froch/Johnson as they very often have transatlantic showings (that's a fight over here and a fight over in America)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:26 pm

Dear boy.........

You are patronising aren't you...

It's usually good manners to thank someone for putting you in your place.

I'll no doubt show some when my time comes..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:50 pm

Dave your going to look a right plank come may 21st

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

BoxingFan88 wrote:Dave your going to look a right plank come may 21st

Why? I haven't said that Froch is or isn't going to be on Box Office cause I have no idea if he is or he isn't. I certainly think he deserves to be and if he isn't I would suggest it's the fault of Hennessey. BoxingFan88 kindly pointed out that Froch/Johnson was takng place in America and would be at "night-time". I don't see how this is an issue as I pointed out Sky often have Box Office events from the USA. However, I'm not sure any of that in any way qualifies me for plankdom. I'd be grateful if you could show me how it does though.

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Thu 17 Mar 2011, 4:25 pm

They only have big Transatlantic PPV if a Brits involved or its a major major fight such as Floyd Oscar ot Oscar Manny.

I think Froch deserves PPV. Hes a big time fighter fighting in a big time tournament and he would do big numbers here if SKY had given him more of a build up.
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down