The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Widnes still looking to add to the squad

4 posters

Go down

Widnes still looking to add to the squad Empty Widnes still looking to add to the squad

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12196/7441971/Widnes-eye-further-signings
Big changes going on , maybe to many to realistically challenge for the play offs this year but they seem to be putting a decent side together
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Widnes still looking to add to the squad Empty Re: Widnes still looking to add to the squad

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 19 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

I would have thought that all the decent players would have been signed up this close to the new season, but i could be wrong.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Widnes still looking to add to the squad Empty Re: Widnes still looking to add to the squad

Post by Luke Thu 19 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

Tend to agree George, also think that they've signed some decent players that should make them okay, so can't see who they're going to sign that will make them much better.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 19 Jan 2012, 5:18 pm

Do you think they will look at maybe loaning some players once the other Superleague teams finalise their teams ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Do you think they will look at maybe loaning some players once the other Superleague teams finalise their teams ?
Perhaps they are thinking of getting in 1st team fringe players from the likes of Wigan, Saints and Warrington.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Fri 20 Jan 2012, 5:52 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:Do you think they will look at maybe loaning some players once the other Superleague teams finalise their teams ?

Possable, but don't think it will improve them. When does the loan system window end?
It might be worth seeing how they go before they bring in anybody.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 2:41 pm

Cameron Phelps has today become the Vikings 15th new recruit ahead of their return to Super League in Febuary, signing a 2 year contract.

From the widnes stronghold updates

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Fri 20 Jan 2012, 2:57 pm

They aren't gonna have much time to gel with 15 new players!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Fri 20 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Their are a lot of teams in the same position though having made wholesale changes , the start of the season should be very interesting to see how each team gels
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Jan 2012, 6:02 pm

I'm quite excited, our style of play can't be any worse than it was even if we gel straight away or not

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:32 pm

Widnes signed Sione 'John' Kite yesterday who became 16th recruit fro Super League

We may not have the greatest Super League team ever assembled but I can't wait for next Friday

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 26 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

gazzyD wrote:Widnes signed Sione 'John' Kite yesterday who became 16th recruit fro Super League

We may not have the greatest Super League team ever assembled but I can't wait for next Friday

He's a big guy who if hes got over his injuries should do good job for you .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 9:02 am

I think that Widnes like Wakefield and London will need time for the players to gel

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down