The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Quick and the Dead

Go down

The Quick and the Dead Empty The Quick and the Dead

Post by Adam D Fri 20 Jan 2012, 9:38 pm

I am watching this on More4 at the moment - I had forgotten how good it is.

And what a cast - Gene Hackman, Leo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, Sharon Stone, Lance Henrikson - some of my favourite actors.

Directed by Sam Raimi it is often forgotten when any of the people involved or the subject of cowboy films are discussed. But for me, its one of the best cowboy films of recent times.

The Cinematography is typically Raimi, with many a close up zoom sequence which makes it feel cool whilst giving it a old style feel. Hackman and Crowe are as electric as ever, and the performance by Leo is completely overlooked in his filmography. One of his best, if not his best performance. Same goes for Sharon Stone - a great acting performance.

The story is about a corrupt sheriff who runs a yearly gunslinging competition, with Sharon Stone wanting to kill him to exact revenge on the death of her father. Simple premise but brilliant none the less.

If you havent seen it - check it out now - great, great film.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Quick and the Dead Empty Re: The Quick and the Dead

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2012, 3:17 pm

Have you seen Lance Henrikson in a film called Nature of the Beast. I saw that on TV a few years back and thought it was pretty good - particularly the ending.

Back to top Go down