The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious Champs?

+4
JamesLincs
Jammy31
Samo
HitmanOwl
8 posters

Go down

Serious Champs? Empty Serious Champs?

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 25 Jan 2012, 4:55 pm

Do you take Punk and Bryan as serious champs?

People complain about there lack of size,the argument being if Punk and you(anybody) had a fight with a man of punk size you wouldn't be scared.

Daniel Bryan being the Whc,if Mark Henry came upto Bryan on the street he would knock ten bells out of him.

personally I don't see the problem but do agree with the argument. I.e Mysterio should never have been the whc due to his size,I member when nash threw him about like a rag doll. Surely I'm not expected to believe after that he would be a whc!

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Serious Champs? Empty Re: Serious Champs?

Post by Samo Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

I think they expect you to take a leap of faith when it comes to guys like Mysterio.

Punk and Bryan on the other hand, both have amazing ability - even though Bryan hasnt really been allowed to showcase it to the fullest - and I could believe them beating anyone. With regards to Henry, yeah, he SHOULD be able to beat Bryan and I think that helps add to the excitement of the match.

Its like Eddie vs Lesnar, we all know Lesnar would destroy Guerrero, and that made it that bit more special when Eddie won.

People love underdogs.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jammy31 Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:25 pm

I think I believe Punk as the WWE Champ, especially as he was WHC a few years ago. He definitely has stopped the WWE Champ hot potato! He's believeable as a champ, he has the mic skills and ability in ring to back it up.

As for Bryan, I was glad he became champ, but against Henry and Show in a cage match? He should be destroyed in reality. But no doubt he'll wait until Henry and Show have knocked seven bells out of each other before making a quick escape out the door or over the cage for the win.
Jammy31
Jammy31

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

youve obviously not read the stories about angle, booker and jericho legit taking out bigger guys.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

In the history of 'fighting' size has always been an obvious advantage but it's never been a definitive prerecresit, just look at david and goliath, Bruce lee! You don't have to be a big lump to be a legit tough guy and I think punk and Bryan are, and I consider them exceptional pro wrestlers with fantastic in ring abilities regardless of their size.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

I agree,I'm disputing their amazing in-ring ability or their Mic skills. Punk is kinda old school which is quality.

If Andre the giant came upto and wanted a fight you run a mile,same mark Henry,big show,taker.

The stories about booker t,jericho,yoshi maybe true but I wouldn't be scared one little bit. If yokozuna etc did I'd poop my pants.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:10 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:I agree,I'm disputing their amazing in-ring ability or their Mic skills. Punk is kinda old school which is quality.

If Andre the giant came upto and wanted a fight you run a mile,same mark Henry,big show,taker.

The stories about booker t,jericho,yoshi maybe true but I wouldn't be scared one little bit. If yokozuna etc did I'd poop my pants.

You mean if a muscular 6ft3 black man started on you, you wouldn't be scared

You're a braver man than I am

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Wed 25 Jan 2012, 11:54 pm

I'll give you that one Wink

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaronb33 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 4:03 am

I think size isn't as intimidating as it once was. UFC did a lot to help that in the late 90s, when they had a "David vs Goliath" tournament. They showed skill can be just as effective, if not moreso than sheer size and strength.

Aaronb33

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Thu 26 Jan 2012, 8:23 am

there's a debate in the MMA world about who is the pound for pound greatest in the sport. Daniel Bryan and CM Punk are arguably the P4P greatest wrestlers in the world! Mark Henry might be massive compared to DB but is he technically better than him? Bryan is a fantastic wrestler and is definitely deserving of the WHC even if he isn't technically a 'heavyweight'. If wrestling had separate weight categories like MMA Bryan and Punk would be champions of their divisions no doubt. Besides in the 'street' I wouldn't like to fight anyone who is an experienced fighter whether they are smaller than me or not. Hitmanowl I don't know how tall or strong you are but anyone who is being angry and aggressive can be dangerous, just because Jericho may play the smarmy, arrogant heel doesn't mean he can't fight. I've seen a lot of Bryan's ROH matches and his intensity levels were extraordinary.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down