The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3rd Hangover film could be on it's way

+2
The_Enigma
Derbyblue
6 posters

Go down

3rd Hangover film could be on it's way Empty 3rd Hangover film could be on it's way

Post by Derbyblue Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:35 am

The Hangover stars Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms near multi-million pay day to appear in third film
It looks like there will be a third instalment of the hugely successful Hangover franchise, with the movie's main stars coming closer to securing a multi-million dollar deal.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms are likely to get the $15 million they are each asking for to reprise their roles in the comedy.

The first film, made by Warner Brothers, took more than $450 million worldwide, while the sequel grossed a massive $581 million at the box office.

The trade newspaper reports that negotiations have been 'dragging on' for months, due in part to salary demands.

The rumoured new payday for the trio is a distinctly more than the actors received for the first Hangover movie back in 2009, which was made for $35 million and is said by The Hollywood Reporter to have netted them under $1 million each.

The success of the first film was an unexpected success, leaving the studio having not secured talent deals.

They are said to have been paid $5 million for the second instalment, according to a source, which saw 'The Wolfpack' relocate to Thailand, with the original film set in Las Vegas.

According to star Bradley Cooper, the new movie, again to be directed by Todd Phillips, is likely to take place in Los Angeles and depart from the tried and tested storyline formula of the first two films.

'I personally want to do it. I hope we’re going start shooting in September,' Bradley recently told Graham Norton.

'I know Todd Phillips is working on the script. We adhered to the formula in the second 'Hangover' movie], and the third would close the trilogy even though we never thought we'd make a second one, let alone anyone see the first one.

'I think it’ll take place in L.A. and not adhere to the structure, it might be different.'

The film is being primed for a U.S. Memorial Day release which falls around the end of May next year.

Warner Brothers are said to be keen to continue the franchise after the end of the Harry Potter films last year, and the final Batman movie coming out in cinemas this July.

'It’ll happen,' one insider told the website. 'It’s a proven commodity, which is rare these days.'

Warner Brothers and agency CAA, which is said to be representing the three actors, declined to comment on the report.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2091845/The-Hangover-3-Bradley-Cooper-Zach-Galifianakis-Ed-Helms-star-film.html

Will anyone want to go to see it if it's not going to be the same as the previous two?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

3rd Hangover film could be on it's way Empty Re: 3rd Hangover film could be on it's way

Post by The_Enigma Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:29 am

Think thats great news tbh....Ever since they finished the 2nd one they have always said about making a 3rd. I'm quite suprized that the cast are asking for so much in their contracts I mean Ed Helms only really appeared in the office before this which had mainstream attention. But I can understand they want a piece of the cake, because regardless people will still want to see it based on th first 2 movies & their success.

People will proberly start bashing the films after this post, but peronsally the first two films were great, I still think the 1st film just edges the 2nd but if they are going for something fresh then I'll still want to see it. I wonder who will be next to get married or if they will completley change that with something new too do, surley it has to be phil's turn for a cause of celebration... I would say alan's but I can't see his character getting married

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

3rd Hangover film could be on it's way Empty Re: 3rd Hangover film could be on it's way

Post by Mat Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 am

Phil's already married though isn't he?

I think it's good news that they are going to move away from the tried and tested formula. Although the 2nd film was a good laugh, the lack of originality to the story didn't make it as good as the first which I don't think relied on shock value as much as the 2nd.

Mat
6CW Creative

http://twitter.com/#!/DiMattEvansWBA

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Yeah Phil's already married. What I mean is that perhaps its Phill's turn to have some kind of celebration which all the wolfe pack get to attend. Completely agree with your comments Mat

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:06 pm

What about a divorce ? good reason for a weekend hammering Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:55 am

Apparently filming for this will begin in the summer. Have also read some "spoilers" about some parts of the film.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 pm

Sigh. Loved the first one, despised the sequel and no doubt this will only continue the 'carbon copy concept' that the second installment ripped off the original albeit with a different backdrop.

Should just leave this franchise alone but no doubt the studio will milk it for every last drop.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:59 pm

As long as it isn't a rehashed version of the original like 2 was I'm ok.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:21 am

Apparently its going to be different, but dont know how different. They obviously have to keep some parts of the previous story but hopefully its not the exact same thing of getting drunk losing someone then go find them, if the bits i read are correct i think i may know who they have to find.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by SharkSoul Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:37 pm

I don't doubt for a second it will be a box office smash once again (hence the reason they're making a 3rd) but I think a lot of people were turned off by the second.

I won't bother with going to see it at the cinema in all honesty. The original was great because it was fresh but it's been done now, I can't see any other dynamics for the group. Then again if I was getting paid a reputed 15 Mill each then I'd make a sh1t 3rd film aswell.

SharkSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down