The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Man United or Liverpool??

+16
braveheart101
super_realist
d260005p
dondelero
Kennys_Heroes
kwinigolfer
Kenny
1GrumpyGolfer
dyrewolfe
Thomond
lorus59
Josiah Maiestas
westisbest
hampo17
Crimey
nissan
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Man United or Liverpool?? - Page 2 Empty Man United or Liverpool??

Post by nissan Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 am

First topic message reminder :

I fancy Liverpool to turn Man United over today. With United having to deal with alot of injuries.
And with Liverpool at home and playing with Gerrard and Bellamy i can only see victory for Liverpool.
I`ll go 3-1 Liverpool in this mouth-watering game, which is also on ITV which is even better.
Any more predictions?

nissan

Back to top Go down

Man United or Liverpool?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Man United or Liverpool??

Post by dublfcynwa Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:33 pm

Carroll has been a lot better the last few game's and while he will never be worth 35mil he will get better as he is young. I do find it funny the way English fan's treat their player's it's almost as if they want to see them fail for some strange reason, that's prob one of the reason's why England are so poor that and the media. Anyway we paid 35mil for Carroll and we paid nothing for Bellamy so you win some you lose some as they say because Bellamy has been one of the signing's of the season.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:45 pm

super_realist wrote:Part of Carrol's problem is being English. If he'd been from Tunisia or Finland he would be worth about 6m tops, but because he is English he'd been hyped to high heaven.
He'd only played a handful of top flight games at the time too, shear stupidity from Liverpool. If they want rid they'll be lucky to get £10m for him, it's only less of a scandle because they player they sold was Torres, who is stinking the place out at Chelsea, so it makes the move for Carrol less embarassing.

I do agree it was sheer stupidity panic buy because a) Newcastle could hold us to ransom due to them knowing we had £50mill in the bank for Torres, b) Due to the new owners being there, they didnt want to show the Liverpool faithful any lack of ambition by merely pocketing the £50mill and not getting a quality replacement in and c) Liverpools style of play at the moment doesn’t accommodate. a striker in Carroll's mould.

I do think in the last few games now he is starting to gain more confidence and we are starting to use him more in our build up play as appose to him being left up there on his own feeding off scraps. I don't think he will be a prolific goal scorer but he become a player that will give defenders heaps problems and will contribute with a few assists.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:52 pm

My fear is that he's only performing now because he's fearful of Suarez coming and taking his place and if he keeps it, he will start being a bit complacement, but if he loses it I can see him losing confidence.

I want to see Kenny drop Kuyt and play both Carroll and Suarez and give their partnership a real good go.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:04 pm

To put Carroll in perspective, in the January transfer window when we were in the Championship he was offered to Coventry for £350k and they turned it down.

A year later he's worth 100 times that.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:20 pm

King Beer wrote:To put Carroll in perspective, in the January transfer window when we were in the Championship he was offered to Coventry for £350k and they turned it down.

Laugh source?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
King Beer wrote:To put Carroll in perspective, in the January transfer window when we were in the Championship he was offered to Coventry for £350k and they turned it down.

Laugh source?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/04/04/sisu-blocked-cut-price-moves-for-andy-carroll-and-jordan-henderson-says-ray-ranson-92746-28454503/

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by dublfcynwa Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:09 pm

King Beer wrote:

Laugh source?

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2011/04/04/sisu-blocked-cut-price-moves-for-andy-carroll-and-jordan-henderson-says-ray-ranson-92746-28454503/

That's not exactly proof, it's the claim's of an ex chairman who had a fallling out with the investor's (sisu) and started slinging mud at them when he left.
dublfcynwa
dublfcynwa

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:18 pm

dublfcynwa wrote:
King Beer wrote:

Laugh source?

That's not exactly proof, it's the claim's of an ex chairman who had a fallling out with the investor's (sisu) and started slinging mud at them when he left.

I see that Coventry WANTED to buy Carroll but Newcastle wanted £800k plus clauses. I cant see where it says he was offered for £350k and Coventry rejected

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by braveheart101 Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 pm

It's only a claim from an ex-chairman, the amount mentioned was 700-800K and it was from 2008 when Carroll was on loan at Preston and nowhere near Newcastle's first team.
3 years later he is Newcastle's first choice striker, helps them back into the Premier League and becomes an England International so obviously his price is going to increase.
Yes 35 million was too much but as people have already said Liverpool needed a striker and as Newcastle knew Liverpool had 50 million from Torres sale then they held out for as much as possible.

braveheart101

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:56 pm

on this whole carroll fee thing, arent people forgetting that spurs made a couple of biids for him a couple of days before the end of the window of 25m, and a second one for somewhere between that and 30m, so we really wouldnt have been able to get him much cheaper than the fee we paid for him
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2