The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel?

+12
socal1976
Calder106
HarpoMars
polished_man
legendkillar
newballs
laverfan
bogbrush
Simple_Analyst
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
hawkeye
16 posters

Go down

Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel? Empty Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel?

Post by hawkeye Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:55 pm

I didn't watch the Djokovic Murray semi but have read a few things about it. One of the things that was mentioned a few times was that Djokovic ate or inhaled or did something whilst hiding under a towel.

Did anyone that did watch notice this? What exactly was he doing whilst in full view of one or two TV viewers shielded by a small towel

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/tennis-busted-racquet/novak-djokovic-shouldn-t-eat-shadily-during-changeovers-182248071.html

With thanks to bogbrush from another thread for the link

Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel? Empty

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel? Empty Re: Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel?

Post by Henman Bill Sat 28 Jan 2012, 8:59 pm

Journalists should have asked him.

Could it be that he doesn't want to advertise the product for free as they are not sponsoring him? Or even that he advertised a competitor to the product he was eating?

Whatever his reason for disguising the product, why doesn't he just take it out of the packet before being on court and eat it out of a generic bag? Foolishly made himself look suspicious for no reason.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel? Empty Re: Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel?

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:01 pm

Senzu bean -> http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Senzu_Bean
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

He was eating something but who cares? It's like F1 when start of the season, teams have mechanics covering their garages and shading them from the curious eyes of other teams and even reporters probably due to a new design or slight change they don't want others to discover yet. Djokovic might just have a food he discovered helps his energy on court and will might be doing well to hide it from the cameras and his competitors.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:14 pm

Tenez pointed it out to me.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:15 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Senzu bean -> http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Senzu_Bean

It was a bit like that fight with Frieza when he was getting trashed and went SS1 wasn't it?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 28 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Conspiracy theories. Laugh

Does Djokovic now need to use WCs made of glass to be pronounced 'clean'? Laugh

Does anyone know the brand of power bar that Nadal uses or the drink that Ferrer (the ATP Energiser Bunny) drinks?

Does anyone know what is on the notebook of Venus that she glances under her towel?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:22 pm

"ate, inhaled or did something"?

Well it could have been a banana, an asthma inhaler or he could even have been reading a book.. the list is endless

BTW wasn't it Jim Courier who was reading a book years ago during breaks between games in one of his slam triumphs?

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:33 pm

He has to keep sniffing that stuff otherwise he will transform back into a Vulgan.

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

Nore Staat wrote:He has to keep sniffing that stuff otherwise he will transform back into a Vulgan.

What''s a Vulgan?

Maybe you meant vegan or Vulcan?

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:49 pm

He hid under the towel because the chair umpire farted!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

newballs wrote:
Nore Staat wrote:He has to keep sniffing that stuff otherwise he will transform back into a Vulgan.

What''s a Vulgan? ...
I could tell you, but then I would have to, well you know ... Why Was Djokovic Hiding Under The Towel? Smiley-violent004

Back to top Go down

Post by polished_man Sat 28 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

I think it was the Sharapova's knickers. They would revitalize a dying man I tell you.......
polished_man
polished_man

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:05 pm

well if that's what it was pm then I hope he wasn't eating or inhaling them.

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by HarpoMars Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:08 pm

Yeah, I saw it. It was like a small tube thingy that he squeezed into his mouth, I thought.

HarpoMars

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:13 pm

newballs wrote:

What''s a Vulgan?

Maybe you meant vegan or Vulcan?

It must have been a Martian Bar.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by HarpoMars Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:16 pm

Hmm, maybe I was wrong-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01c27nn/Australian_Open_2012_Novak_Djokovic_v_Andy_Murray/

3:56 in

HarpoMars

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sat 28 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

HarpoMars wrote:Yeah, I saw it. It was like a small tube thingy that he squeezed into his mouth, I thought.

toothpaste? mouthwash?

Maybe he wast hinking more about his hot date than the match - that's probably why he nearly let Andy off the hook in the 5th set

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 29 Jan 2012, 12:55 am

Special concoction from DocIgor? Wink

Courier was told in the post-match discussion that it was orange juice or 'something'. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:02 am

Novak maybed realized that it wasn't smart telling everyone about his egg chamber and glutten free diet because now they can use the same techniques to gain the improvements he has gained.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:41 am

Pat Cash writing for the Sunday Times (PPV) has this to say

I don’t know what Djokovic was squirting up his nostrils and pouring onto his
hankies but I just hope he was careful because so many of the medications
and decongestants available over the counter are on the banned list.
Remember Alain Baxter, who was stripped of Britain’s first Olympic skiing
medal after using an inhaler at Salt Lake City. He went to arbitration and
eventually cleared his name but the medal went to somebody else.

Djokovic is surely aware of the laws in place, and drug testing is now a
formality for all players at majors.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:06 am

bogbrush wrote:
Josiah Maiestas wrote:Senzu bean -> http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Senzu_Bean

It was a bit like that fight with Frieza when he was getting trashed and went SS1 wasn't it?

Didn't need SS1 for that match though Nadal's "trash talking" might push him over the edge.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:20 pm

Yeah I think it did. Definitely had to dig deep for this match.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:29 pm

Went SS2 in the 5th. Did you see his hair?
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:31 pm

Yeah but I didn't see the sparks crackling in the atmosphere around him so maybe it was just a powered up SS1. Good thing he didn't go SS3 then he wouldn't have been able to move. My stream went down for a bit so I could be wrong he might have needed SS2 to get the break back in the fifth.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:32 pm

It is almost unreal how Nole did nr 5 hours on Fri, then nr 6 hours today...off a relatively lean body too. They'll be studying his conditioning routine for sure now...!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 3:35 pm

lydian wrote:It is almost unreal how Nole did nr 5 hours on Fri, then nr 6 hours today...off a relatively lean body too. They'll be studying his conditioning routine for sure now...!
True. In 5 years well be watching mathes like this from the 4th round.

I can't wait.......
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:11 pm

lydian wrote:It is almost unreal how Nole did nr 5 hours on Fri, then nr 6 hours today...off a relatively lean body too. They'll be studying his conditioning routine for sure now...!

It's the other way around I am afraid Lydian. The "unreal" fact is to keep going for 6 hours with Nadal's big muscles while doing himself most of the running. It's a bit like a Ben Johnson beating the ethiopians at the marathon. Only fans believe in such stories.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:14 pm

Never underrestimate the size on titanium balls of steel , guys, and the size of a MAN' s heart.....I know it's a novel concept to some....and it's hard to see a blind spot, get your head around it....but ...that's how it is Cool
I know what I'm talking about, did it myself .....

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:14 pm

Apparently Novak covered more ground. At least at one point in the match.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun 29 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

NOOOLEEEEEEEE Bubbly

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down