The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If Novak wins the French open this year

+3
socal1976
bogbrush
break_in_the_fifth
7 posters

Go down

If Novak wins the French open this year Empty If Novak wins the French open this year

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:17 pm

If Novak wins the French open this year, how close does that put him to the top of the list of greats? If he got to 12 slams and with this achievement included, is that enough to put him at the top?

Last edited by break_in_the_fifth on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

If Novak wins the French open this year Empty Re: If Novak wins the French open this year

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:20 pm

No.

It would put him in the highest reaches but in the end it's the full count that matters. It would be a tie or near-tie breaker for sure.

Last edited by bogbrush on Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

If Novak wins the French open this year Empty Re: If Novak wins the French open this year

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:21 pm

Edited.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:07 pm

Well it would be nice to accomplish something that his greatness the Rog never could. I don't buy total slam counts however as being the total measure of greatness why isn't Roy Emerson ranked higher then?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:37 pm

Nice but this era will have the * that all slams play the same more or less.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:51 pm

Ok Tenez I guess if you say but that really isn't the case is it. Then why has nadal won 6 french opens and one US Open. If they all play the same why the discrepancy. A pretty unsubstantiated claim.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:53 pm

I wouldn't put him above Federer just because he could win one more consecutive match at grand slam level. It would be a great achievement nontheless.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:00 pm

Djokovic will probably fall at the semi's yet again if he draws Fed at the French.. he seems just like Sampras, destined never to make a FO finals.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

Social, it's because Emerson won loads of them playing an event (Australia) most didn't and in a era when the best players we're pros not eligible for Slams.

A GS would be great but t baffles me to suggest total achievement is trumped by one year.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Djokovic will probably fall at the semi's yet again if he draws Fed at the French.. he seems just like Sampras, destined never to make a FO finals.

Equally, if Federer is in Nadal's half then Djokovic would be red hot favourite to win it in my opinion... As much as Murray has improved on clay, I personally doubt he could challenge Djokovic on the red stuff like he did the other day.

I fancy Djokovic to win the French.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down