The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams?

+4
socal1976
bogbrush
legendkillar
deeznu
8 posters

Go down

When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams? Empty When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams?

Post by deeznu Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

As we saw, Nadal was Federer's biggest nemesis at the slams. Nadal has beaten Federer 8 times at the slams and stopped him from winning 8 slams.

Now Djokovic has beaten Nadal 3 times at the slams and stopped him from winning 3 slams.

Who will be Nole's nemesis that will do to him what Nadal did to Federer and Djokovic has done to Nadal?

deeznu

Back to top Go down

When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams? Empty Re: When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams?

Post by legendkillar Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

Fognini!!!

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams? Empty Re: When will Nole get his biggest nemesis at the slams?

Post by bogbrush Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

Injury may pull him down perhaps faster than another player. We saw some of it late last year in the face of his brutal style.

Other than that, a maturing Tomic may be the guy. He didn't have to face much guile and variety today and it is certainly the best way to tackle him. He's still no fan of slice and varying length.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sun 29 Jan 2012, 7:55 pm

Fogninniiii!!! give me my 4th slam back!!!!!

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by newballs Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

Are you joking?

Once the X Factor coaching really kicks in Andy's gonna be like a man possessed. John Lloyd said so (Murray will definitely win a slam this year!). And that's official

newballs

Back to top Go down

Post by Chydremion Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:39 pm

When Murray or someone with a similar game steps it up.

Chydremion

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 29 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

First of all, you could argue that Nadal or Federer was his nemesis and he already overcame them.

I think Murray could improve and become his main nemesis. I doubt it, but it's possible.

It could be Tomic but I am not convinced, certainly not this year or next.

My best guess would be a young player not even yet in the top 100, and that this next great rivalry might not start until 2014-2017.

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

I do remember that Tsonga had a 5-1 lead H2H against Djokovic, thought that he wouldn't be able to handle the explosion in his game... but he's won 3 or so in a row and erased that.

I think Novak finds it difficult to contain Berdych at times, maybe Raonic if he cuts the errors down and improves defence will be a nemesis for him! OK
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by deeznu Sun 29 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

Henman Bill wrote:First of all, you could argue that Nadal or Federer was his nemesis and he already overcame them.

I think Murray could improve and become his main nemesis. I doubt it, but it's possible.

It could be Tomic but I am not convinced, certainly not this year or next.

My best guess would be a young player not even yet in the top 100, and that this next great rivalry might not start until 2014-2017.

No. The nemesis is usually a younger, hungrier player.... Fedal are not it.

deeznu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down