The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How strong are Italy going to be this year...?

+4
red_stag
ME-109
LondonTiger
maestegmafia
8 posters

Go down

Who will Italy beat in the 2012 Six Nations

How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_lcap13%How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 4 ]
How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_lcap20%How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 6 ]
How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_lcap17%How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 5 ]
How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_lcap23%How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 7 ]
How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_lcap27%How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 30

Poll closed

How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Empty How strong are Italy going to be this year...?

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Italy took the French scalp and almost the Irish last year. Their representatives in the Rabbo Pro 12 have proved competitive if not successful and in the Heineken Treviso took Biarritz and almost Saracens and the Ospreys.

All at home in Italy. On the road Italy's sides are not the confident performers they are at home.

New coach and some good young players entering the fray too. Could this be the year where they win both their home matches? both England and Scotland struggled on their last visits to Rome as most teams do these days, Scotland losing and England winning by a Wilkinson Drop goal in the last ten minutes.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Empty Re: How strong are Italy going to be this year...?

Post by LondonTiger Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:45 am

Sadly we can only choose one option.

Italy to win their two home games over england and Scotland, to be well beaten in dublin and paris and to give Wales a real fright for 60 minutes or so.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

How strong are Italy going to be this year...? Empty Re: How strong are Italy going to be this year...?

Post by ME-109 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:48 am

They would be targetting England and Scotland at home. Their away games can be a lottery, depending on Refs and the bounce of the ball sometimes. With Brunel in charge they will be very structured but he might know the players a little better and will give them a bounce for his first few games in charge...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

I suspect it won't be a great year for Italy. Their coach has suggested that he will be using this season to test the water. He says he wants Italy to be a team capable of beating the others and their fate not being decided before the match. He admitted that probably wont be this season though.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 30 Jan 2012, 10:57 am

LondonTiger wrote:Sadly we can only choose one option.

Italy to win their two home games over england and Scotland, to be well beaten in dublin and paris and to give Wales a real fright for 60 minutes or so.
You can select as many options as you wish.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:40 am

Do they have a fly half this year?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Right Mon 30 Jan 2012, 11:53 am

I expect them to make it tough for England and Scotland at home but not really expecting them to do much on their travels. Hard to know how its going to go with their new coaching set up.

Red Right

Back to top Go down

Post by bathmad Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:17 pm

Where's the option for none?

bathmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

Judging by the poll they could be 6 nations favourites although a slam may be a push

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:22 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Do they have a fly half this year?

I think they have a player who is qualified called Burton, he playes for Treviso and is actually quite a good player.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

I think they have a player who is qualified called Burton, he playes for Treviso and is actually quite a good player.

So hes number one now? Is the drunk Aussie totally gone?
I dont really remeber Burton being up to much last year. Obviously theres the theory that playing in the Rabo will have bought about a dramatic improvement in these guys, lets wait and see.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:36 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

So hes number one now? Is the drunk Aussie totally gone?
I dont really remeber Burton being up to much last year. Obviously theres the theory that playing in the Rabo will have bought about a dramatic improvement in these guys, lets wait and see.

I have seen Burton play on a couple of occasions, and what he does do well is nail his kicks. He hardly ever misses a kick at goal and he has a decent touch finder as well. His game management might not be as good as the top end no. 10's in the six nations but he will keep the score board ticking over and Italy have not had that since Dominguez(spelling).

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 30 Jan 2012, 1:57 pm

Fair enough. Italy need a reliable goal kicker, it was partly where my question came from in the first place. They have had some pretty makeshift players ending up doing that role in recent times (Bergamasco!)
Given its highly unlikley theyd ever run away with one of the 6Ns games 3 pointers become vital in them getting wins.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down