The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2012 Royal Rumble winner...

+3
Stonee21
Sarsippius
Marky
7 posters

Go down

The 2012 Royal Rumble winner... Empty The 2012 Royal Rumble winner...

Post by Marky Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:18 pm

Sheamus last night became the 6th man to win the Royal Rumble and the King of the Ring Tournament!

Pop quiz;

Can you name me the other 5?

Answering "Yes" or "No" or any other smart-ass comments loses you the chance to win some cake

Marky

Back to top Go down

The 2012 Royal Rumble winner... Empty Re: The 2012 Royal Rumble winner...

Post by Sarsippius Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:19 pm

Triple H, the Rock, Lesnar, Edge, Hart?

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:20 pm

not the rock sorry, austin I meant

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:25 pm

Bret Hart, Stone Cold, Triple H, Brock Lesnar and Edge is correct.

The point is, do the WWE think Sheamus is going to go on to achieve the same/similar success to those five?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonee21 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:28 pm

That's a lot of hype to put on the big mans shoulders but I think he can more than match the impact they had on the industry.

He has a great look and build, he was well over as a heel and his face run has been very encouraging on smackdown! and he is good on the mic so with the right storylines I can see him being a major player for the future along with Rhodes, Wade and Ziggler

Stonee21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarsippius Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:29 pm

I hope so, I'm loving his face run and I'm curious to see who he faces at mania. Whether he will achieve the success of other 5 I'm not sure, he seems to go through spells of being well booked then badly booked and that inconsistency may hold him back but I'd surprised if he didn't win at least a couple more world titles.

How he is booked going into wrestlemania and the outcome of that match may be a huge indication of just how highly the WWE view him as a long term champion

Sarsippius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

Lets not forget how well the last Rumble winner was booked.

Surely thats a sign that Sheamus cant fail as champ.

And wasnt he given the King of the Ring gimmick as a punishment more than anything?

I wouldnt read anything into the fact he joins those 5 on the list.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:46 pm

Sheamus has had a very up and down career. Clearly a favourite of management early in his career combined with his friendship with Triple H meant he was thrown into the deep end early into his WWE career, I don't think he did too bad there either.

He then fell out of favour with Brian Dunn I think it was, and was buried on Raw, that included the King of the Ring gimmick, which is a shame. The move to Smackdown has been excellent for him, and his face turn has been great to keep him relevant. I'm a big fan of Sheamus who I genuinely believe could be the next Triple H.

His booking throughout his push hasn't been great though, mainly due to the nature of WWE creative which is to change their minds too often. When his first match with Mark Henry ended in the countout, I was sure it would lead to Sheamus coming back and ending Mark Henry's Hall of Pain later on, but instead Mark Henry was stuck with the Big Show, lost all his momentum and nobody gained anything.

Hopefully he will make a much more successful Rumble winner than Del Rio, but only time will tell. I think he HAS to win the title from his Rumble win to really gain legitimacy as a main eventer. I think the World Heavyweight Title would look ace on Sheamus as well, although nobody bar Cena really suits the spinner belt to be fair.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:47 pm

They didn't give him the King of the Ring as a punishment as such, they were looking into running a Sheamus/HHH feud with both proclaiming to be the true King of Kings, that got nixed though and now they've tried their hardest to wipe thsat from memory

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark_Seven Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:08 pm

How much do you think a PG WWE has held Sheamus back? I read that it was the hardcore street fight at the Royal Rumble against Mick Foley that truly cemented Triple H as a 'top' guy. Trips was able to shed gallons of blood, use sledge hammers and participate in countless hardcore spots to successfully portray himself as a 'badass'. Sheamus is a similar model but he can't use many of these tactics. Would he have been more over in less child-friendly times?

Mark_Seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down