The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors

+46
Tony B Liar
rich1uk
turnip
hend085
tilton_zulu
GPB
Eyetoldyouso
EmmDee57
asdral225
lufcinmyveins
Redrage
shudofhita4iron
Nay
1GrumpyGolfer
I'm never wrong
ralphjohn69
Faldono1fan
golfermartin
SpacemanSpiff
jeffkenna
Caf
CJB
Tiler76
Sand
beninho
GG
Noel
ashearerno9
venice1
princedracula
Skydriver
pedro
BlueCoverman
SetupDeterminesTheMotion
Hibbz
Fader
Lairdy
Doon the Water
barragan
Plunky
TheCleaver
NedB-H
Diggers
McLaren
oldparwin
kwinigolfer
50 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors - Page 2 Empty Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hopefully this won't tread on the toes of anyone else, but I'll organise a game which will run from late February to August and just cover the first three WGC's and the four Majors.

Different rules but quite simple:

For every one of these events, each participant selects one golfer and the participant accumulates his/her players' earnings, in $US, over the seven tournaments. With one wrinkle: You can only pick any one golfer once.

If your player misses the cut, tough luck, winnings for that week will be ZERO, and you cannot select that golfer again.

Calendar of events is:
Feb 22nd - 26th: WGC-Accenture Match Play
Mar 8th - 11th: WGC Cadillac
April 5th - 8th: The Masters
June 14th - 17th: US Open, Olympic Club
July 19th - 22nd: The Open Championship, Royal Lytham
Aug 2nd - 5th: WGC Bridgestone
Aug 9th - 12th: PGA Championship, Kiawah Island

This is meant to be complementary to, not replacing, any League that any brave soul wishes to initiate.

The field for the WGC Match Play will be announced Feb 13th.

Mods: Perhaps this can be elevated to "sticky"ness during the appropriate weeks? Thanks.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors - Page 2 Empty Re: Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:24 pm

Grumps,
Yeah, tricky. Don't want to get inundated though and there's no nice way of saying it.
I can relax today, Pompey postponed. The game as well as players' pay.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors - Page 2 Empty Re: Advance warning that I'll run a "fantasy' golf game for 3 WGC's and 4 Majors

Post by Nay Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:28 pm

I'm in if thats ok

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by shudofhita4iron Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

im in if there is room kwin,at least i cant get modded like the old 606 for picking brian gay

shudofhita4iron

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 04 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

Kwini, I get you. More goals needed and paid for by a wonderful free kick. Thankfully slicing and dicing the back line.

How does thing work? Pick a new player each event and by the last event you could have seven players earning for you.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:00 pm

Yup,
I've added Faldo, Nay, 4iron, ralphjohn, Spiff, golfermartin, I'm never wrong and GG to the list.

Grumps,
Yes, that's the idea. Of course, it gets off to a soft start because the MatchPlay field is just the Top 64 in the World Rankings, except any injuries and vacationers (Mickelson), and everyone gets paid!
Pick one golfer for the MatchPlay and you accumulate his earnings for that event in US dollars. Then pick whoever you like, except your MatchPlay man, for the Cadillac and so on. Gets more interesting for the Majors because of the cuts.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:46 pm

Thanks Kwini. I'm in if that's okay. When is the field confirmed?

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:54 pm

thumbsup Feb 13th, after Dubai and Pebble Beach.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 04 Feb 2012, 3:06 pm

Thanks Kwini, nice result and good boost for the goal difference.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Sat 04 Feb 2012, 3:16 pm

Sounds good fun, Kwini! I'll look forward to it.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by lufcinmyveins Sun 05 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

Kwini,

Cont me in if u still have any places free, sounds a good yet simple way of running a league.

lufcinmyveins

Back to top Go down

Post by asdral225 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:40 am

Count me in if there's room. Cheers
asdral225
asdral225

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

Redrage, lufc and asdral in my ledger . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmDee57 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:25 pm

I'll be up for this as well Kwini if that's ok.

EmmDee57

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

Kwini
Count me in. Well done for doing this.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 08 Feb 2012, 7:27 pm

EmmDee, Eyetold:
In.

I'll publish the game thread early next week when the provisional MatchPlay field is published.

I'll list everyone who signs up in alphabetical order and "edit" with your picks so everyone can say what our rivals are up to! Forty in the book so far, hoping for at least sixty. Apart from Plunky, WHERE ARE THE LADIES??!!

If Shotrock, Hayston, goldwolf, D4S, Maverick, Davie, Shanker, JAS, dewsweeper, Leff, Be_the_Ball, John MBE, etc etc are out there, hope you join in!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 08 Feb 2012, 8:38 pm

Kwini

If you are like the super biggest number one tiger fan in the whole world, like me, can you pick tiger every event?

McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 08 Feb 2012, 8:42 pm

Absolutely no exceptions!
No player can be picked by the same punter for more than one tournament!!
Even for super biggest number one tiger fans in the whole world.
And, as s_r will testify, no-one is like you!!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 11 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

I will probably play.

I would like to see the Players added to the tournaments. (Its a long time between Augusta and San Francisco).

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:19 pm

GPB,
If I was going to add a tournament, first on the list would have been Wentworth (the 5th Major) but I want to keep everything in $US.

It's too bad about the long break, but want to keep it consistent.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

Wentworth? I am little dubious but OK, whatever

I didn't realize this board was this EuroT centric. Not that I have no problem with that.

There will be no US stars at Wentworth (educated guess) but most all of the top Euros will be at Sawgrass. Even Lee and Rory.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:53 pm

GPB wrote:Wentworth? I am little dubious but OK, whatever

I didn't realize this board was this EuroT centric. Not that I have no problem with that.

There will be no US stars at Wentworth (educated guess) but most all of the top Euros will be at Sawgrass. Even Lee and Rory.

Not having a dig but surely the guy that's organizing this can use whichever events he wants?

Also, this site came about as a result of the BBC decision to close its discussion boards, that's why this has a heavy European feel to it.

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by GPB Sat 11 Feb 2012, 8:58 pm

Certainly you can . I was dubious about the claim of the 5th major.

I did not intend to be confrontational, and I apologize if it was interpreted that way.

GPB

Back to top Go down

Post by 1GrumpyGolfer Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:04 pm

GPB, not trying to stir things up either. I thought it was a little tongue in cheek response from Kwini with the 5th major nonsense Laugh

1GrumpyGolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

GPB, Grumps thumbsup

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by tilton_zulu Sun 12 Feb 2012, 11:25 pm

Hi Kwini,
I'd like to play aswell if your still taking down names.

tilton_zulu

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:40 am

im in if youll have me!

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:44 am

tilton, hend0,
I'll publish a new thread on this in a few days, and I'll be listing everyone that's signed up. We won't know the exact seedings until after this coming week's tournaments but the field is now set at the top 64 in the owgr's with 65 and below as alternates.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by turnip Mon 13 Feb 2012, 12:55 pm

Hi Kwini
Apologies a bit late to the party but would like to be involved please. Any relegation or points deductions we need to worry about with this to feel at home?

turnip

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 13 Feb 2012, 1:14 pm

turnip,
Posters from the original kwiniland especially welcome. Watch this space for further info.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by rich1uk Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:08 pm

ok kwini sign me up as well

as i said i'm a bit rusty since i kinda stopped following golf as much when i had to stop playing myself but i'll get myself up to speed

lee trevino and johnny miller are still playing aren't they ?

rich1uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony B Liar Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

I'll play if there's room for a small one (same words I used at my last orgy)
Tony B Liar
Tony B Liar

Back to top Go down

Post by detones Tue 14 Feb 2012, 2:16 pm

Hi Kwini,

Have not posted in a while but have been keeping in touch with your excellent weekly PGA posts.

If there is room count me in. Format for fantasy game looks great.

detones

Back to top Go down

Post by Gareth_NI Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:42 am

Count me in, if you have room.

Gareth_NI

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

Sounds good, count me in.

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:32 pm

Pl see my new thread. All in!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Fri 17 Feb 2012, 2:53 am

I actually think the inclusion of the Players or Wentworth isn't a bad idea if you have time to include it, Kwini.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:34 pm

Rr,
Done.
I'd prefer to use Wentworth but have included The Players so as to avoid currency conversions on a non-PGA Tour event. They record the Open Championship purse in $US.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Fri 17 Feb 2012, 3:46 pm

Good stuff, Kwini... looking forward to this tactical battle!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by ryan86 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:10 pm

I'll take part as well.

ryan86

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2