The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tua is dreaming

+4
John Bloody Wayne
eddyfightfan
The Galveston Giant
rapidringsroad
8 posters

Go down

Tua is dreaming Empty Tua is dreaming

Post by rapidringsroad Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm

After Tua's latest fiasco surely any thoughts of a shot at the title must be put on the back burner. OK he did win every round but Demitrice King isn't someone he should be sharing a ring with at this stage of his career,and when he fails to put him away or even look like doing so it's time to give it away.His last two fights have made him look very ordinary and even his punches have no zip and little power.

rapidringsroad

Back to top Go down

Tua is dreaming Empty Re: Tua is dreaming

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:02 pm

I was excited seeing Tua blow away Shane Cameron but it seems to have ground to a halt, a shame as i thought he looked the business in that fight.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:19 pm

he deserves a shot- he beat lots of world champions in his career yet never had the title himself..... give him a shot before retirement i say

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:40 pm

He had a shot at Lewis and was completely neutralised. I've never understood what the big deal with Tua is, he's a limited slugger from what I've seen.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:01 pm

This is true John Wayne, never viewed him as a great boxer but an exciting one when he wants to be, which is nowhere near enough.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:33 am

when you look at the likes of audrey harrison getting a title shot, chisora, there are a lot less deserving people- i'm not saying he's a great boxer- just maybe he deservse a chance- he's entertained millions of fans over his career

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:39 am

I think Tua had a couple of fights which took a lot out of him. The Ibeabuchi and Lewis fights.

He took awful of punishment in both. Probs left the best of him in the ring after those fights.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 am

i wouldnt complain if he had his chance, briggs had his chance again after many years - look where that got him.

tua is no longer a big puncher. as stated above, he has no zip in his punches, no snap. and considering thats all he had in his arsenal - he's no longer a threat to any of the big guns in the division.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GeoffSnapes Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:42 am

Tua would be a punchbag for both the Klit bros, and Haye would be way to quick for him. Tua would also be handly beaten by Adamek, Povetkin, Chagaev, Peters, Chambers and Arreola imo.

Fitness Contest

GeoffSnapes

http://www.konkura.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:59 am

klitchskos, haye, adamek, povetkin possibly chambers would beat tua- chagaev, peters, arreola would be good fights, that could go either way imo

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearns Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:30 pm

well in this poor era of heavyweights ,giving tua another shot wouldnt be the worse thing thats happened Whistle what with chisora and solis having less than 20 fights under them getting shots,the same tired retreads like rahman,peter,chagaev also gettin countless chances,and dont get me going on audley mad ,tua may be a gatekeeper these days but he's tough and will throw punches,i say give him a shot thumbsup

tommyhearns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down