The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening Weekend

5 posters

Go down

Opening Weekend Empty Opening Weekend

Post by Kenny Wed 01 Feb 2012, 5:20 pm

With Superleague now upon us what are everyone thoughts on the opening weekends games ?

Im sure there are places left in Kiwis tipping competion for anyone still wanting to join

Friday, 3 February 2012

Leeds v Hull K R, 20:00

Widnes v Wakefield, 20:00

Saturday, 4 February 2012

London Broncos v St Helens, 15:00

Salford v Castleford, 18:00

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Bradford v Catalan Dragons, 15:00

Hull v Warrington, 15:00

Wigan v Huddersfield, 15:00
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Opening Weekend Empty Re: Opening Weekend

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

Opening weekend all right,saturday evening,Skilled park on the Gold Coast..

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Wed 01 Feb 2012, 9:20 pm

Best 2 games are the Leeds v Hull Kr & the Hull v Warrington, which i can see 2 home win in.

The Wigan game could be intresting though it's a shame Huddersfield seem to have alot of injuries, think Wigan win.

The London/St Helens game could be the game of the weekend, i go for St Helens win.

The Widnes & Salford games i think will be 2 away wins. And think Catalans will win at Bradford.

Think will be an intresting start, but hard to say who's doing well till end of week 5.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 02 Feb 2012, 4:59 am

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:With Superleague now upon us what are everyone thoughts on the opening weekends games ?

Im sure there are places left in Kiwis tipping competion for anyone still wanting to join

Friday, 3 February 2012

Leeds v Hull K R, 20:00

Widnes v Wakefield, 20:00

Saturday, 4 February 2012

London Broncos v St Helens, 15:00

Salford v Castleford, 18:00

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Bradford v Catalan Dragons, 15:00

Hull v Warrington, 15:00

Wigan v Huddersfield, 15:00
Wins for Leeds, Widnes, Saints, Castleford, Warrington,Catalans and Wigan.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 2:26 pm

Good wins for Leeds and Wakefield last night. Wins for Saints and Cas today.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Sat 04 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

My prediction league has got off to a good start , 2 out of 2

Broncos causing Saints some problems today though
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:49 am

I'm surprised by the Huddersfield result to be honest, and that Hull FC were able to hold Warrington.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:48 am

I'm not overly suprised by the Hull result, i think they've built a solid side this season. The Huddersfield result is suprising, and to be honest the result of the weekend, most other results went as expected. Looks like Bradford could be in for another bad season.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:06 am

On a side issue to Bradford, was there the offer there this season that there was last season as regards season tickets?

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:40 pm

Hull played well yesterday and it was a very even game. As a Warrington fan it isnt often to see the opposition hooker outshine Michael Monoghan. Yesterday Danny Houghton controlled the game, and was outstanding for them.
You could see it was the first game of the season with quite a lot of errors and dropped ball on both sides. We were saying before the game that we wont be able to go on much longer winning games relying on Ben Westwood to kick goals!

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:56 pm

Danny Houghton is the best English hooker in Superleague , he should of been in the 4 nations without question . He outplayed Roby all season imo and thats from a HKR fan .

Do Warrington have another kicker david ? I know Briers did the job for years and Bridge kicked a few aswell but is there anyone in the say Richards/Tickle/Foster accuracy league ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 4:42 pm

Apart from Hodgson probably not. Bridge is a good kicker but seems to be the last resort behind Westwood, Briers didnt play at the weekend despite being fit and there are plenty of rumours flying about in regards to it. Even Richi9e Myler has kicked before as I remember hiom doing so one year against France for England. Ben Westwood is surprisingly good at kicking but you never know whether it will go over or not. Still much better than Patrick Ah Van though Smile

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Mon 06 Feb 2012, 8:20 pm

The thing about Westwoods goalkicking is that he always looks like he is trying to kick the living daylights out of the ball .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Feb 2012, 3:14 am

George Hotel1895 wrote:On a side issue to Bradford, was there the offer there this season that there was last season as regards season tickets?

I believe there was George, providing they were bought/renewed before a certain date. A Bradford fan i work with reckons that they are doing it because crowds were dropping to about 8000 odd, and after the last few seasons would drop lower.

Kenny, a Leeds fan i work with went on friday, said we looked quite good, and that the scoreline flattered Leeds a bit, but that they deserved the win. Oh and he also said we need a kicker.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Feb 2012, 12:43 pm

tigerrobins wrote:Kenny, a Leeds fan i work with went on friday, said we looked quite good, and that the scoreline flattered Leeds a bit, but that they deserved the win. Oh and he also said we need a kicker.

Tiger , My Uncle and cousins went on friday . My Uncle who has watched Rovers for over 50 years doesn't blow smoke he tells it as it is and he said we were the better team for most of the first 65 mins of the match especially when Clinton and Paea were on the pitch , they caused Leeds lots of problems , it was only when they were replaced that we lost some intensity and allowed Leeds to get a hold of the ball and play . Taylor and Wheeldon were our replacement props so they will need to step up and keep any momentum that Clinton and Paea create going ...i would use Lovegrove in the front row . My Uncle also said we had no kicking game though either .

The one thing he did say that i found interesting and i know it was the same for both teams was that on the far side of the pitch from the cameras that our players seemed unsure of there footing and didnt look confident running in certain aeas of the pitch . I know before hand that it was mention that some parts of the pitch were rock hard and some soft underfoot .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:05 pm

That seemed to be the problem alot last year Kenny, when certain players were on we looked good, but when subbed we lost our way abit, certainly in the games i went to. Also our kicking game was woeful alot of the year.
Though i'm quite happy, am going to Warrington away Widnes home, so by then we may be working these things out.
Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 07 Feb 2012, 4:12 pm

We have a hard opening few games so with a new team and coach i will be happy to take as many points as we can get , then hopefully by the time we play so home games against the so called weaker teams we will be playing somewhere up to our potential .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Thu 09 Feb 2012, 2:35 am

The one downer for me on the opening weekend of the Stobart Super League was the disappointing gate for Salfords first competitive game at their new stadium.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by davidl1061 Thu 09 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

I can understand it with the weather though. It was freezing as well as still snowing and I think people may have been worried about becoming stranded.

davidl1061

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down