The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real heat between The Rock & Cena....?

3 posters

Go down

Real heat between The Rock & Cena....? Empty Real heat between The Rock & Cena....?

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:24 pm

Anyone catch Vintage this week? It's currently looking at past Hall of Fame inductions in the build up to Mania... They showed The Rock inducting his father Rocky Johnson. In the Rock's speech he said the HOF was 2nd only to The tribute to the troops show they do each year. That led nicely onto a joke he said there's been rumours in the media of torturing the troops by forcing them to watch 'The Marine!' This got a loud laugh from the audience then they cut to Cena who seemed to see the funny side of it.....

This was back in 2008, anyone see this? Is the heat legit dating back this far?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Real heat between The Rock & Cena....? Empty Re: Real heat between The Rock & Cena....?

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:40 pm

Cenas comments were made a few months prior to the HOF.

I think there is legit tension, Cena wouldn't be where he is had guys like Rock and Austin not stepped aside. Whilst Cena has a point about The Rock, he shouldn't keep bad mouthing him.

Back to top Go down

Real heat between The Rock & Cena....? Empty Re: Real heat between The Rock & Cena....?

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:49 pm

The Rock retning has highlighted how awful Cena can be on the mic sometimes. I must admit I really enjoyed his first promo when he rapped again, but that last one he did where he's meant to have 'won' the battle of words was awful. If anything The Miz is showing he may be the best mic worker in the business at the minute

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:53 pm

I always find Cenas rapping and childish promos completely cringeworthy, I find he comes over much better when he puts passion into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:54 pm

I remember that one Brady.
I also remember the HOF when Austin was inducted and passed a beer can to Cena in the crowd, as if he was passing the torch so to speak.
There is heat between the two of that there is no doubt. Both icons in WWE, but it begs the question, will the rock & cena ever step in the ring one on one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:56 pm

Can anybody just see Cena winning the title and then The Rock comes out, everybody thinks they'll fight and then The Rock just hands the title to Cena as you say 'passing the torch' and disappoint everybody?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 10:59 pm

It's possible, YI. Rock only has one more film scheduled for 2011 (according to IMDB) so he may be back for a short run. Rumour has it Rock v Taker could headline WM28. With it being in Miami and Taker going 20-0. If Vince is planning to head back to a more Attitudesque program, guys like Rock, Austin, a returning Y2J could provide excellent support and importantly, ratings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:04 pm

With Rock saying on his first promo he was back to stay am wondering if he will wrestle again or just be on screen such as raw gm. I for one would love to see him layeth the smackethdown again. Rock Taker next yr would be epic, but i get the feeling if anything he has to face Cena at Mania.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:07 pm

Dunno, Vince wants Summerslam to be a big event again, Rock v Cena would do that.

As for Cena winning, don't count on it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:08 pm

gazzyD.... Unfortunately that is what I can see as the most likely ending, Wrestlemania seems to more often than not end on a happy note normally with the babyface going over

Rock vs Taker at Mania 28, that would be massive

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm

If they end with that the fans will dump all over it. It would be such a waste.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:15 pm

I've posted it before but this was an interview Cena did with the Sun back in 2008 (obviously it's the Sun so maybe complete poopie!)

WRESTLING superstar John Cena has blasted former WWE champion The Rock for turning his back on the business.

Cena, who has managed to combine acting and grappling, feels that Rocky has betrayed his fans by concentrating solely on Hollywood.

Rock will make a one-off appearance at this year's WWE Hall Of Fame ceremony to induct his dad and granddad, but John told us: "He is a genuinely nice guy and a fantastic human being.

"What I kind of get peeved about, and this is my Achilles heel, is that I've wanted to do this my whole life.

"Rock falls into that category. At one point he loved wrestling and wanted to do this all his life.

"So explain to me why he can't come back for our 15th anniversary show or why he can't make an appearance at WrestleMania. I wish he'd just show up, say hi and leave. Do the eyebrow once and get out of town.

"Simply put it's because he wants to be an actor and there's nothing wrong with that, because he's truly found another passion. He's good at acting. His films make money."

"Associating with sports entertainment doesn't do much for his acting career. I get it.

"Just don't f*** me around and tell me that you love this.

"That's the only thing that gets me really p***ed off.

"Our fan base have so much admiration for him, he's got to respect that. He doesn't give anything back."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/849554/John-Cena-blasts-former-WWE-champion-The-Rock-for-focusing-on-Hollywood-rather-than-his-fans.html

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:16 pm

Rock endorsing Cena would be a logical ending.... Rock however is advertised for Raw the night after Mania which points to the fact the program could continue

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:18 pm

They goto have a match, but would it bigger than Hogan v Vince (40yrs in the making) given all the heat between the two?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:19 pm

Well, March 28th will be the turning point, if they come to blows then no chance of a torch passing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:22 pm

Cheers Hero wasn't aware of this article...

What alternative endings other than The Rock endorsing Cena can people see?

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:27 pm

I can see Rock being ringside, Miz dominating but not getting anywhere, goes to use a chair, Rock stops him, Cena turns see Rock with chair, they flare up, Rock goes to leave, Cena pulls him back and gets laid out, Rock leaves, Cena gets up and eats SCF.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:28 pm

Rock going to endorse Cena, Cena though snaps and hits his finisher on the Rock, turning heel in the process, a Mania moment and a return to the ring for the Rock for a feud with Cena.

I can but hope.

Last edited by Hero on Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:29 pm

dont forget Austin is at Mania, could he make the save if Rock goes to interfere in the match?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:32 pm

Doubt it YI. No need for it and would need more build up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady12 Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:38 pm

KB & Hero 2 interesting ideas I like them both....

Brady12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:39 pm

Would like hat to happen Hero. Although do you think Rock would happily let Cena steal his spotlight at Mania?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:42 pm

Can't see it, Cena doesn't need it and Vince must smell the money from a Cena v Rock feud.

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:45 pm

As far as I'm aware the Rock hasn't been one in the past to enforce the 'must look strong' option in rivalries.
Often he was the guy that would help put people over when Austin refused (Brock Lesnar) (though it backfired on Austin with Hogan after Hogan went onto lose to Rock).

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:47 pm

If all roads lead to a Cena and Rock feud are we saying that Miz is going to win?

If not they could have Rock hand the title to Cena, everybody thinks they're best buds and the Rock hits a Rock Bottom out of nowhere. Although this could potentially have the younger fans turn on Rock and make Cena even more of a babyface character

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Sun 20 Mar 2011, 11:56 pm

It's all hope that it leads to a Rock/Cena feud. Vince would be going crazy for it but I wonder if Dwayne's heart is in it.
Sure he hits a few promos from the comfort of his home, but I myself at present feel a bit let down by the Rock and how much he's really been giving back to his fans.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 21 Mar 2011, 2:25 pm

Rocks got more important things to do in terms of filming, the fact that he is taking time out to film promos which probably take hours and actually help endorse Cenas points i think shows his dedication to the feud

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down