The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quigg vs Arthur.

+5
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
manos de piedra
ONETWOFOREVER
6oldenbhoy
hampo17
9 posters

Go down

Quigg vs Arthur. Empty Quigg vs Arthur.

Post by hampo17 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:35 pm

Refs made a poor decision. with that stoppage. Still throwing punches, yes Arthurs reaction was strange but give him a standing 8 count instead of stopping it surely?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Quigg vs Arthur. Empty Re: Quigg vs Arthur.

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:41 pm

Agreed, was a very poor stoppage. Quite a few bad stoppages in recent months.

Quigg didn't impress me, always thought that he'd have too much for Frampton, but my opinions changed a bit.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:44 pm

Still think he beats Frampton at this stage anyway.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:45 pm

I like Quigg and Frampton, they're both very exciting, I've always wondered if Quigg could box on the back foot and tonight went some way in answering that for me. If Frampton could force him back then it'll be his fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:51 pm

Frampton likes fighters coming at him. Quigg didn't look great boxing on the back foot, so him coming forward would play into Frampton's hands.

Gun to my head, I'd still lean towards Quigg, but not with the same degree of certainty as before.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 04 Feb 2012, 9:55 pm

I'm of the opinion that a Quigg on the back foot will get frustrated and end up coming forward recklessly, that's why Frampton could cash in. Either way it'll be a cracking fight.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6oldenbhoy Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:12 pm

It's a tough one to call. I live about a mile from Frampton, so would love to see him go far. But i recognize that Quigg is good. Rendall Munroe seems to be overlooked whenever discussing the domestic Super-Bantam division, he has challenged for a world title, so he could have a part to play yet.

6oldenbhoy

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Sat 04 Feb 2012, 10:52 pm

I thought the stoppage was strange and its really becoming all to common now here domestically along with poor officiating. I think the BBBC must be really adopting an ultra cautious approach and instructing officials to do the same.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:34 am

i wrote on my Frampton post that i always thought Carl would win.

Quigg looked a little wreckless and was wide open when attacking Arthur. Its worrying that someone whopunches as lightly as Jamie Arthur had Quigg rocked a few times in the first 4 rounds.

Kiko Martinez would have finished him quick.

Frampton is still a work in progress but the next level are surely smelling blood after watching that
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeymax71 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Always favoured Framption and last night performance has done nothing to change my opinion. Frampton is a very calm and calculating in how he fights. I think whether the fights on the back foot or comes forward I just think Quigg will be picked apart and stopped in the mid to late rounds.

Also with Quigg's trainer trying to talk down a fight in the near future suggests to me they also know Scott needs time before being rushed into a fight with Frampton

mikeymax71

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sun 05 Feb 2012, 10:59 pm

I tend to disagree with the majority here. Quigg got caught then showed everything we wanted him to, he took the count got up and got through the round. He wasn't reckless and didn't make the same mistake again.

He has been dropped now and he dealt with it really well, too many prospects go into big fights without experiencing it and when it happens don't know what to do. Getting dropped isn't the problem its how you react after it.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:34 pm

mikeymax71 wrote:Always favoured Framption and last night performance has done nothing to change my opinion. Frampton is a very calm and calculating in how he fights. I think whether the fights on the back foot or comes forward I just think Quigg will be picked apart and stopped in the mid to late rounds.

Also with Quigg's trainer trying to talk down a fight in the near future suggests to me they also know Scott needs time before being rushed into a fight with Frampton

I got that impression of Joe Gallagher from his interview on Ringside. Going on about how Frampton was trying to make a name off Quigg (how!?!?). Quigg did look good against Booth but Booth was always to small for the division. He was made for Quigg to make an impression against.

I think Quigg was trying to prove he could box on the backfoot on Sat but he was basically playing into Arthurs fight and was getting caught a little too often and was put down. When he started to put the pressure on he had a lot more success and managed to get the stoppage (Which premature IMO)

I think Frampton beats as he just has a better all round boxing game then Quigg.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:37 pm

I agreed with the stoppage.....The guy was hurt by a body shot didn't go down and just turned his back...basically hoping to get respite without giving away a 10-8 round....

Rules say protect yourself at all times and the referee had to intervene because he was in no state at that time to fight... and it was a legal shot that put him in that state..

Arthur's fault......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 06 Feb 2012, 7:04 pm

I dont think we saw the best of Quigg by any means againt Arthur but I still think Frampton will go farther. I think they are quite well matched at the moment but Frampton seems to have a better understanding of the game, maturity and tactical awareness in the ring as well a better amateur background so of the two I think Frampton might go that little bit farther and the more experience he gains as a pro the better chance he will have of beating Quigg. Quigg should probably look for the fight sooner rather than later I feel.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down