The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEGALE V GROVES = TYSON V TILLMAN

+11
ONETWOFOREVER
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Rowley
Rodney
eddyfightfan
The Galveston Giant
azania
88Chris05
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
15 posters

Go down

DEGALE V GROVES = TYSON V TILLMAN Empty DEGALE V GROVES = TYSON V TILLMAN

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:05 pm

You get these matches where a guy has a win over a up and coming fighter in the Amateurs and it's billed as a top quality clash etc....For me though it isn't. Don't think Groves has come on and Degale has come on leaps and bounds...

The fact Groves nearly lost a few months ago doesn't instill confidence and forget the mandatory garbage if Warren didn't think Degale wins easy he wouldn't risk his best olympic hope...

The Amateurs isn't a way to gage a fighters success in the professional game and for me Groves looks a high quality amateur...

For me Degale wins easy......

Just like Tyson over tillman it will be onesided.....Degale is too compact, too elusive and the more effective and efficient hitter.

Britain's next big thing.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

DEGALE V GROVES = TYSON V TILLMAN Empty Re: DEGALE V GROVES = TYSON V TILLMAN

Post by manos de piedra Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:11 pm

I dont think its its going to be easy as you say. Groves will be DeGales toughest opponent.

I agree that De Gale has to start favourite but I expect Groves to be a real handful and to test him.

De Gale is the more talented but with these ego maniacs who surround themselves with ego strokers and come across as delusional I always think there is a risk that mentally they arent prepared or are suspect. When the going gets tough can they dig in?

Anyone Im hoping Groves can bring De Gale down to size.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:14 pm

When I saw him hurt and nearly beaten by an average fighter then I gave up on expected him to give nightmares too a guy who is compact, elusive, quick and heavy handed............and a southpaw..

Think it will be quite painless for Degale..I think he's made for him Manos.

Warren does too...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Degold to get an easy win Groves got shown up against a very average Kenny Anderson where as Degold outclassed Smith in his own backyard for the British title. Only one winner he is a bit over hyped but until he is beat i don't have a problem with it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Can't accept that DeGale wins this 'easily', although I'll concede that he does start as favourite. In fairness to Warren, since Khan jumped ship he has got a wee bit braver in his match making, so it's perhaps not all that big a surprise that he's pushed this fight forward.

DeGale is flashy and fast, this we know. However, I'm not yet convinced of his defensive prowess, I've seen him time and time again leave himself wide open when he throws his flurries of hurtful (but not deadly) punches and get away with it, much like Khan in his early days. There's little doubt that Groves will be the most compact and dangerous puncher that DeGale has faced thus far, and we're yet to see how DeGale will react when he has it up him, which will happen sooner or later.

For me, Groves has been mixing it with the marginally better names and I feel some of the critisism he's been on the end of for the Anderson fight has been ridiculous. If he sticks to a game plan and boxes from the outside I think he has a real chance, as DeGale so far hasn't had to adapt once an opponent has been out of range for a while.

Also, I'm no expert in this side of things, but I genuinely believe that Groves has got inside DeGale's head a little bit. Whether or not this will have any relevance on fight night remains to be seen, but DeGale does strike me as a bit of a hot head and I wouldn't be all that surprised if a little indiscipline creeps in to his work on fight night as a result.

I think DeGale may stop Groves late on, but I don't see it being an easy night or a formality at all.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:24 pm

It wont be one sided. Any up and commer can have an off day against anyone. That he came back and won by KO speaks volumes to me. I still go for DeGale by wide UD or late KO, but I wouldn't write Groves off. He has very good skills and a good dig. We haven't seen DeGale take a shot yet and how his reactions will be when he gets clipped.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:28 pm

I dont think De Gale is heavy handed for starters. Id suggest Groves carries more power.

Groves has the potential to learn from the Anderon fight. He knows hes not infallible and he knows he needs to improve. I still think hes a level up from what De Gale has faced so far and has been in with the better competition of the two.

De Gale may well win but I would be surprised if it was a walk in the mark and like I say, if his atitude isnt here and he expects it too be easy then he could be upset. Groves has the benefit of knowing what it like to get up and come back to win and to dig deep. Hes passed that test and can use it as an opportunity to learn. De gale on the other hand could start to suffer from over confidence.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Good point Azania, Groves at least has proven he can take it and come back, i expect him to be on his bike for the fight, only coming in to unleash fast straight punches. It's going to be good whatever the outcome, will be rooting for Groves.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:32 pm

i've heard that anderson was arrested on a murder charger which he didn't deny- but was dropped from lack of evidence.... anybody know if theres truth in this?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:35 pm

True Eddy, he's been getting involved with the wrong people up here, over drugs as always i pressume.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:36 pm

The Galveston Giant wrote:Good point Azania, Groves at least has proven he can take it and come back, i expect him to be on his bike for the fight, only coming in to unleash fast straight punches. It's going to be good whatever the outcome, will be rooting for Groves.

I dan see Groves stealing many rounds with fast flurries. Boxing like an amateur that is. I'll be rooting for DeGale anyhoo Very Happy Shame really as I like both guys.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Boxing like an amateur that is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

True, but it's the way he beat him the first time, anyhows got to go, it's that time again Yahoo
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm not as impressed with DeGale as others are to be honest, seems to have had a flood of admirers of late because of his win against Smith, it was a good win dont get me wrong but I rate Anderson as a better opponent than him. Not entirely convinced DeGale is a hurtful puncher, think Groves is the bigger hitter, I favour De Gale slightly but wouldnt be surprised if Groves beats him.

I hope so anyway, cant abide his ridiculous personality.

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:04 pm

I struggle to make my mind up with Degale, I have been impressed with him but wonder if he has actually been that impressive or has just looked it because he was so woeful in his debut and so the improvement is more marked.

Would make him favourite in this but is no gimme. Groves has proven he has heart and decent power and clearly fancies the job. Like Chris says Degale still makes some mistakes and tends to leap a little with his punches, would still fancy him to win this one but think he may have some uncomfortable moments.

As an aside is nice to see two young unbeaten fighters being matched so soon and may finally mean that promoters are getting the idea that actually matching fighters tough when they are learning their trade is worth more than an 0 gained against guff

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Only time Degale shut his mouth on Ringside was when Groves jumped up and offered him a cash bet on who would win the fight. Either A/ Degale's short of a few quid or B/ he isn't THAT confident he's going to win.

My sinscere hope is that, whatever they win, the match these two again in a couple of years as I feel it has the makings of a classic domestic rivalry on a par with Benn/Eubank/Watson.

DeGale wins for me but Lord in Heaven if Groves puts him down and out I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:18 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

If Groves puts him down and out I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

I would be overjoyed Dave, he might be a nice kid but this cockey gangster obnoxious personality drives me nuts, he calls Groves ginger and ugly, surely in this day and age thats not allowed, what would happen if Groves called him ugly and black, there would be hell on. Anyway mini rant over, hope Groves pulls this one off.

Cheers

Rodders

Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm

Its crazy that the Anderson fight gets used as Groves downfall.

Any fighter could have an off night. Look at Hatton against Eamon Magee.

Almost flattened in the first round and came back to win via points, and Hatton went on to achieve a half decent career. DeGale will be up against somebody who has a bit of skill for a chance rather than a come forward 1D fighter.

I think Groves will have his number, and I also predict a bit of contraversy. Possibly a robbery on points after old fish eyes bribes a few judges.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Degale has the bskills to beat Groves. I like Degale think he brings humour to boxing and hope he does well because he is from my endz.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:25 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Degale has the bskills to beat Groves. I like Degale think he brings humour to boxing and hope he does well because he is from my endz.
Roxbury?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:28 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Degale has the bskills to beat Groves. I like Degale think he brings humour to boxing and hope he does well because he is from my endz.

Humour ??

Whats funny about an immature prat ?

Saying that the general public seem to find James Corden hilarious !
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:31 pm

Got to agree Rodney, fail to see the humour in saying you're ugly, have got ginger hair and bad breath. Seriously he is hardly Oscar Wilde is he, comes across like he is about seven.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:32 pm

Sorry, but I'm yet to see any 'humour' from DeGale, unless repeatedly spouting off his usual wannabe gangster jargon such as "You is an ugly ginger kid, innit? Shut up brav, you ugly ginger ting. Ah nah blud, your breath stinks innit? Move from my face wid ya whack tie, blud. I'm gonna knock you out, ugly ginger boi!" is what tickles people these days.

Loud, brash, cocky and good at selling himself he may be. Funny he ain't.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:34 pm

Are you guys trying to reason with someone who pretended to be a teenage girl?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Scottrf wrote:Are you guys trying to reason with someone who pretended to be a teenage girl?

haha, nice one Scott thumbsup
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:38 pm

rowley wrote:Got to agree Rodney, fail to see the humour in saying you're ugly, have got ginger hair and bad breath. Seriously he is hardly Oscar Wilde is he, comes across like he is about seven.

Ha absolutely Jeff, last of a dying generation I think us I'm afraid mate, find myself shouting at the radio and television at any sign of the modern celebrity, the wife to be tells me I must learn to accept the modern world.

Maybes I'm just a miserable sod !

Cheers

Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:39 pm

Scottrf wrote:Are you guys trying to reason with someone who pretended to be a teenage girl?

And that would be? Have i missed something?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:40 pm

According to jeff ONETWO did, don't remember it myself.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:45 pm

It happened, he had a spell of writing introductory threads whenever he appeared on 606 after his bans or under his aliases and they all went along the same lines, want to get to know everyone and discuss boxing and the like, you could always tell it was him through the god awful spelling.

And to his eternal shame and my eternal amusements one of these incarnations was as a teenage girl whose father had apparently boxed, SHE disappeared off the forum the minute everyone pointed out it was indeed onetwo.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:49 pm

Truss we all know you love DeGale but you have got to admit he will have his work cut out come May.

I think Groves will win IMO. He has great fundamentals which DeGale will struggle with

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:49 pm

You really do have to question the mental integrity of such people

Onetwo

You're a disgrace to normal civilisation!

I mean how do you get to the point you go "i know, i'll create another alias and pretend to be a girl"?!?!!?!?!?

Anyone for thinking he's davidemore?!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:51 pm

No chance Coxy we got Davide on the subject of literature one day and he had actually read a few books, think if Davide has read any books without pictures in we can be fairly confident it ain't onetwo

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:53 pm

I remember that thread, it was the only time i remember thinking he was nearing normal levels of sanity

Can't say i miss him, quiet how he didn't get banned before he did is beyond me. Was of the train of thought we were conversing with an actual mentalist for a fair while

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:55 pm

He was an oddity Coxy because when he started talking about literature he was pretty coherent and the books he was reading were not exactly easy they were books that required a level of intelligence, made the insane ramblings we endured about boxing all the more bizarre

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:59 pm

rowley wrote:He was an oddity Coxy because when he started talking about literature he was pretty coherent and the books he was reading were not exactly easy they were books that required a level of intelligence, made the insane ramblings we endured about boxing all the more bizarre

As well as his 'Can't go on, going to end it all!' routine that he used to roll out every now and then, I might add!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm

rowley wrote:He was an oddity Coxy because when he started talking about literature he was pretty coherent and the books he was reading were not exactly easy they were books that required a level of intelligence, made the insane ramblings we endured about boxing all the more bizarre

In the spirit of consistency and fair play I think we have to give ONETWO some credit then, jeff. He did, after all, propound and pen the ground breaking philosophical principle of ' poundforpoundism,' if you recall, and in so doing turned on many of the younger generation to the importance of John Logie Baird.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:04 pm

ONETWO did give us the much loved Spinning Backfist article.

A legendary thread which will live on for years to come
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Ah, yes Dee. The 'Spinning Backfist!!!' affair. Tear to a glass eye stuff, that. A happy memory from the old 606!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Windy have still not forgiven him for opening my mind to poundforpoundism until a few days after I spent £30+ on the Harry Greb book, if only I knew it was a work of fiction would have saved the money. You know how frugal us Yorkshire folk are

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

rowley wrote:Windy have still not forgiven him for opening my mind to poundforpoundism until a few days after I spent £30+ on the Harry Greb book, if only I knew it was a work of fiction would have saved the money. You know how frugal us Yorkshire folk are

Don't blame you, mate.

His logic was impeccable, but his timing stank. He should have shared his quantum theory with us long before he did. I STILL haven't quite shaken off the belief that Harry Greb actually existed.

Some might say ' better late than never, ' but I'm still a bit peeved.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:07 pm

I'll rename my article "Memories of Onetwo".....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down