The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems.

4 posters

Go down

Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems. Empty Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems.

Post by Biltong Mon 06 Feb 2012, 6:22 am

As the Six nations have kicked off the past weekend, I thought it would be appropriate to discuss some important issues for the year ahead. This should make it easier for all of us when discussing post match analysis and assist with the rules of debate.

1. The referee is always right

You may not crticise the referee for any decision he has made, you will not question his interpretation of the breakdown, the referee will at his sole discretion decide upon forward passes, offside lines at the breakdowns, who went of the feet and who collapsed a scrum or maul.

Any other actions by the referee is simply not up for discussion.

2. The best team on the field has won.

Your personal opinion on who the best team was on the field is irrelevant. It doesn't matter whether your team scored twice the number of tries than the opposition. Dropgaols and Penalty kicks require as much skill and execution and if the opposition concedes too many penalties should lose.

3. Simplification of send offs.

Any tip tackle warrants an automatic red card, unless the referee decides otherwise then refer to rule 1. Eye gouging, hand bag throwing, shoulder charges, late tackles, high tackles or any other types of foul play automatically qualifies the transgressing player as a thug, whether intentional or not.

4. there is no such thing as luck

Luck will imply fortuitous results and thus it will undermine the credibility of any team's victory. Hence it is not permitted.

5. Comments on spectators booing.

Spectators have the right to boo when the opponent takes aim for a kick to post, posters have the right to boo a comment or opinion. Due to rule 1, it stands to reason that spectators and fans must have an outlet for anything they deem unfortunate or unfair, hence without expanding on their reasoning they may boo. (can we get an emoticon that boo's please).

Feel free to add any additional rules as you may think is fitting to make this year's debate more flowing, less controversial and all round more fun.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems. Empty Re: Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems.

Post by Biltong Mon 06 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

So I assume you are all in agreement with the laws? Ok!
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems. Empty Re: Rules for 2012 international match debates and post mortems.

Post by SecretFly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:03 pm

Firstly, before we abide with those new biltong rules for the Six Nations, I must ask you, do the SH sides agree to those conditions in Tri-Nations cum The Rugby Championship?

Answer honestly and concisely on one side of the page only with the pencil supplied.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

Yes, we all have to.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:Firstly, before we abide with those new biltong rules for the Six Nations, I must ask you, do the SH sides agree to those conditions in Tri-Nations cum The Rugby Championship?

Answer honestly and concisely on one side of the page only with the pencil supplied.

Hmmm, silence for the kickers isn't a southern hemisphere tradition anyway, so we're OK on that one.

As for the rest ... Doh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by gowales Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

I don't think most people understand the tone of this article.
P.S Hes being sarcastic

gowales

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:13 pm

gowales wrote:I don't think most people understand the tone of this article.
P.S Hes being sarcastic

I don't think you understand sarcasm. We know...................

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:14 pm

SecretFly wrote:
gowales wrote:I don't think most people understand the tone of this article.
P.S Hes being sarcastic

I don't think you understand sarcasm. We know...................

Laugh
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down